WJC: 2016 — Canada Roster Talk (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Full Summary:

Mason McDonald - Had a decent game 2bh, not many mistakes at all.
Joe Hicketts - Had a good game, but made a crucial error at the end
Brayden Point - Up and down game from him
Brendan Perlini - Invisible
Dylan Strome - Dominant, easily the best canadian Player
Jake Virtanen - Terrible hockey IQ, disapointing
John Quenneville - ???
Julien Gauthier - Had a strong game overall.
Lawson Crouse - Had a good 1st, then average in the 2nd and 3rd.
Mathew Barzal - Had a terrible 1st, but came on in the 2nd, faded in the 3rd
Mitchell Marner - Easily the worst player on the ice tonight, not sure what he was doing, so many turnovers.
Mitchell Stephens - ???
Rourke Chartier - ???
Travis Konecny - He played alright, not many mistakes.

Last edited:

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
IMPRESSED:
- Julien Gauthier - Awesome play on the Barzal goal. He's big skilled and works hard. Very dangerous combination.

- Dylan Strome - I've been very critical of him in the past, but he was phenomenal today. Created countless good chances.

- Brandon Hickey - A few iffy moments, but for the most part was dominant on the blue line.

DISAPPOINTED:
- Mitch Marner - Clearly the skill is there but the guy needs to tine it down and use his line mates better. Keep in mind this is based on expectations. He should be Canada's best player and showed signs of doing that he just needs to get settled in.

- Jake Virtanen - Tried to do everything himself. Didn't accomplish anything.

- Thomas Chabot - Like Morin last year, every time Chabot stepped on the ice I got nervous.

- Mason McDonald - I rarely have faith in the Canadian goaltending this year will be no different.

Agreed completely. As a Leafs fan Marner needs to be better, he was bad other than the assist he got.

I think Virtanen deserves more blame than anyone though. He is a 19 year old. He should be dominating.

Castrophy

Feb 26, 2015
Oswego, NY
Idk how you guys are blaming this one on goaltending. The first he had no chance on. The second was a double screen which he didn't see at all, and the last two were deflected by Canadian players.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
Idk how you guys are blaming this one on goaltending. The first he had no chance on. The second was a double screen which he didn't see at all, and the last two were deflected by Canadian players.

Well you'd think your goalie would be able to make a save when you need it most

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Mason MacDonald was terrible, not even on the goals. His rebounds were in dangerous places, he was scrambling all night and was beat on quite a few shots that just missed. It wouldn't surprise me if he was done for the tournament.

What did I say about the players playing their wrong sides, terrible breakouts.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
In his own zone he definitely not good.

Based on one mistake. Solid analysis there. Certainly played better than Hicketts, Dermott, or Chabot... aka the guys being given his icetime.

Apart from that one turnover he played very well in his pathetic amount of icetime. But nah, better keep riding inferior players. Lowry would never bench Hicketts.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Thought Strome and Barzal created most of the chances for Team Canada.

I think Lowry needs to find better line combinations to max out the talent.

Strome with Virtanen and Perlini. 3 big skilled guys on one line, worth a try.

I like Barzal and Gauthier together.

I am not sure how Point will do with Marner. But we need more from those 2. Point started showing some life in the 3rd, going to need more of him.

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
Strome not passing on that 2on1 :facepalm:
But knowing marner he woulda tried to pass it back.
Point, marner, virtanen need to be better

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
clear down grade from last years team. strome had a great game but there's no domi/duclair/reinhart line and no mcdavid to carry another line offensively.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Canada lacks a star on the backend.

I blame Florida.

aaron-ekblad.jpg

:sarcasm:

Flyers Time

May 4, 2012
He didn't play well today, too slow on the big ice and the pressure of forechecking got to him and he coughed up the pick more than a couple times.

He's not slow he needs some rink time to settle in and get the jitters out. These kids playing some of the biggest hockey they have ever played and have some nerves.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Based on one mistake. Solid analysis there. Certainly played better than Hicketts, Dermott, or Chabot... aka the guys being given his icetime.

Apart from that one turnover he played very well in his pathetic amount of icetime. But nah, better keep riding inferior players. Lowry would never bench Hicketts.

Sanheim was not better than Chabot or Hicketts.

Other than that bad tip-in, I thought Hicketts was pretty impressive. He worked hard and made some smart plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad