WJC: 2016 — Canada Roster Talk (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Merry Christmas!
I'm not sure why but I have a feeling the USA is going to smash us tomorrow. Hopefully not, though.
Go Canada Go!

It will be a great opening game :) can't wait

I think Barzal will be getting more ice time as the tournament goes on. He's too good.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
According to Mark Masters twitter, no change in the line-up except Point in place of Barzal who becomes the 13th forward.

Also, it seems Sanheim and Dermott will be rotating on the 1st PP unit (playing with Strome, Point, Virtanen and Marner)

Same with the 2nd PP unit with a probable rotation between Chartier and Perlini (playing with Barzal, Gauthier, Chabot and Hicketts).

I know I'm probably biased but why is Chartier there in place of Beauvillier? From what I saw so far, Beauvillier has been much better.

Thought Barzal had a strong enough game against Sweden that they'd consider him more than just the 13th forward

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Before we get too worked up about Barzal as a 13th forward, let's not forget that just about every year a player is either injured/suspended. That will likely continue in this year's edition..I don't think he's set in stone as an extra by any stretch.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
And even if nobody gets injured or suspeneded, if the team isn't playing well the lines could be shuffled or if an individual is struggling maybe he gets replaced.

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
Every time I watch barzal play I cant stop thinking "If we just lost game 82 to Edmonton last year we could have had him", but trying to out draft position Edmonton is a tough task, they have always been the best. Boeser is a nice piece but I just love to watch barzal play.

Backhandshelf81

Jun 14, 2013
Every time I watch barzal play I cant stop thinking "If we just lost game 82 to Edmonton last year we could have had him", but trying to out draft position Edmonton is a tough task, they have always been the best. Boeser is a nice piece but I just love to watch barzal play.

If it's any consolation, I predict plenty of fanbases will envy the Boeser pick after this tournament.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I couldn't sit thru TSN's WJR's Preview Show. It is literally the same show EVERY year. Same format. Same generic comments. Same painful interviews. You could take the 2010/2011/2012/2013/2014 show, change a name or 2 and no one would know the difference.

:thumbd:

Dec 3, 2012
I couldn't sit thru TSN's WJR's Preview Show. It is literally the same show EVERY year. Same format. Same generic comments. Same painful interviews. You could take the 2010/2011/2012/2013/2014 show, change a name or 2 and no one would know the difference.

:thumbd:

I like tradition so, I like it every year

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Every year I have trouble deciphering which day I am more excited for, Christmas morning or boxing day. So ready for this tournament, one of the best in all of sport.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I like tradition so, I like it every year

Just change it up a bit. Give us some variety. Again, I have seen the shows forever and I use to look forward to it. Last night I had to turn it off.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Every year I have trouble deciphering which day I am more excited for, Christmas morning or boxing day. So ready for this tournament, one of the best in all of sport.

I wish the Canadian game was on in the evening. I wanted to order greasy, heart clogging chicken wings with blue cheese and indulge - without giving a thought to the damage the meal was doing to my health. Indulging at noon is far less fun. :thumbd:

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I wish the Canadian game was on in the evening. I wanted to order greasy, heart clogging chicken wings with blue cheese and indulge - without giving a thought to the damage the meal was doing to my health. Indulging at noon is far less fun. :thumbd:

Hehe, the temptations are always there :D.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Hehe, the temptations are always there :D.

I have a resolution to REALLY get healthy in 2016 so... I wouldn't mind a day or 2 of disgusting eating during the Holiday Season.

If Canada wins, I assume TSN will replay the game in the evening. So, I will order 20 Suicide Wings, enough Blue cheese to clog an artery, and a BIG Cookie from Pizza Hut. That will be in the 4000 calorie range.

I'll just have to live with the self-hatred. If it kills me, there are worse ways of going.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I have a resolution to REALLY get healthy in 2016 so... I wouldn't mind a day or 2 of disgusting eating during the Holiday Season.

If Canada wins, I assume TSN will replay the game in the evening. So, I will order 20 Suicide Wings, enough Blue cheese to clog an artery, and a BIG Cookie from Pizza Hut. That will be in the 4000 calorie range.

I'll just have to live with the self-hatred. If it kills me, there are worse ways of going.

Haha. We've pretty much gone vegetarian in the household so the indulgences have been a bit of sour cream with the chili, a bit of that log cake and one or two chocolates. Losing weight over the holidays = amazing.

Also, go Canada!!!

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Still get goose bumps over this video, thought I'd share.

Canadians kick ass at hockey in the most respectful way :P

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
Haha. We've pretty much gone vegetarian in the household so the indulgences have been a bit of sour cream with the chili, a bit of that log cake and one or two chocolates. Losing weight over the holidays = amazing.

Also, go Canada!!!

You must be miserable, no meat during the holidays

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
Are we sure which jerseys is Canada going to use for WJC? If you take a look on official website, you can see jerseys which they used last year...

http://www.worldjunior2016.com/en/teams/#CAN

Team photo taken yesterday:
CXGywkEUsAEdj2L.jpg

Those other sweaters were the 100th anniversary sweaters.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Did we change jerseys again?

Just interested. When did Hockey Canada introduce black colour as the third colour of the jerseys? Anyways, they look good. Has black always been an element in Team Canada's jersey? By the looks of it it has: "100 years anniversary jersey" with black shouldr area?? Or is it just the retro logo?

Edit: 1920 Olympic Jersey indeed has that black area already, albeit the other main colour is yellow.
1920_olympic_jersey.png

Last edited:

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH

I'm with you man, since it's the last game of the opening day I was just thinking about recording it and watching it at 7 in the evening as if it was live. Then I'd have some food and a few beers and watch as if it was live. Doesn't bother me as long as I don't know the score. I'll just avoid HF.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
No, no that just doesn't cut it. You watch it when it's on, 6am, 10am, 2pm, 8.pm whatever. You get your wife or girl friend to watch with you, I suggest that you ask her which uniforms she likes the best to start off. Make it a Christmas tradition so that next year you just plan around it. The holidays and Christmas are really all about the WJC after all. :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
Just interested. When did Hockey Canada introduce black colour as the third colour of the jerseys? Anyways, they look good. Has black always been an element in Team Canada's jersey? By the looks of it it has: "100 years anniversary jersey" with black shouldr area?? Or is it just the retro logo?

Edit: 1920 Olympic Jersey indeed has that black area already, albeit the other main colour is yellow.
1920_olympic_jersey.png

I'd actually like to see these modernized. It might look pretty cool.:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad