Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v3) Next: vs ATL | Fri, Apr 17 | 7:07pm ET/4:07pm PT | Teheran vs Hutchinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Really frustrating watching Hutch tonight. Twice given the lead. Twice he immediately gives it back.

If he wants to be a front of the rotation starter he needs shut down innings after getting the lead.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Really frustrating watching Hutch tonight. Twice given the lead. Twice he immediately gives it back.

If he wants to be a front of the rotation starter he needs shut down innings after getting the lead.

It's not like all the hits have been hit hard. Most have found a hole in the infield. He's still around the strikezone.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
When is Saunders back?

John Lott @LottOnBaseball · 2h 2 hours ago
Gibbons: Rehabbing Michael Saunders to rest hamstring tonight then DH for Dunedin tomorrow. Won’t join #BlueJays on this home stand (1/2)

John Lott @LottOnBaseball · 2h 2 hours ago
Gibbons says #BlueJays hope to move Saunders to Buffalo for a few games to give him better competition before activating him. (2/2)

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Pillar was at fault too, but lets leave him out of it because you don't like Pompey right now.

If Pillar is playing left, is it not his responsibility to cover off for Goins (not sure where he went on that play) and Pompey is responsible for 2B?

Seriously? Where was Goins? Bautista gunned it to Martin, who fired it to Travis, who ran the runner towards first and then threw to EE and then, nobody at second.

I need to see the replay again.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If Pillar is playing left, is it not his responsibility to cover off for Goins (not sure where he went on that play) and Pompey is responsible for 2B?

Seriously? Where was Goins? Bautista gunned it to Martin, who fired it to Travis, who ran the runner towards first and then three to EE and then, nobody at second.

I need to see the replay again.

Goins was the one who ran the runner back to 1st, Travis ran him towards 2nd I think. Not sure where EE was, cut off in the middle of the field maybe? Pitcher backing up the throw behind home I presume, Donaldson keeping the runner close at 3rd.

hat would leave Pompey and Pillar, There's no reason that both of them shouldn't have been running towards the infield, and 2nd in particular because that's where the rundown way. Not just Pompey, but Pillar as well, there was no reason for him to be going towards 3rd where Donaldson was.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Goins was the one who ran the runner back to 1st, Travis ran him towards 2nd I think. Not sure where EE was, cut off in the middle of the field maybe? Pitcher backing up the throw behind home I presume, Donaldson keeping the runner close at 3rd.

hat would leave Pompey and Pillar, There's no reason that both of them shouldn't have been running towards the infield, and 2nd in particular because that's where the rundown way. Not just Pompey, but Pillar as well, there was no reason for him to be going towards 3rd where Donaldson was.

No, Martin threw the ball to Travis, who then ran the runner towards first and then tossed the ball to EE. When EE tried to return it to second there was nobody there.

Or did I miss a step?

Way to go Josh. Number 1 HR!

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
No, Martin threw the ball to Travis, who then ran the runner towards first and then tossed the ball to EE. When EE tried to return it to second there was nobody there.

Or did I miss a step?

Way to go Josh. Number 1 HR!

Just rewound the PVR, it was Goins who ran him to 1st, Travis to 2nd, EE was behind Travis and would have gotten the throw if there was someone at 2nd and another throw was needed. Both Pompey and Pillar were running towards 2nd but neither got there in time.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Just rewound the PVR, it was Goins who ran him to 1st, Travis to 2nd, EE was behind Travis and would have gotten the throw if there was someone at 2nd and another throw was needed. Both Pompey and Pillar were running towards 2nd but neither got there in time.

Then, technically, it was Donaldson who made the biggest mistake. The runner at third was already there and safe. There was no play at third. He should have moved over to second to pick up Goins - even if the runner breaks the play will be to the plate and Martin. Pillar to third (in case the runner broke for home and the run-down ended up there) and Pompey should have been going to second as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad