Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v3) Next: vs ATL | Fri, Apr 17 | 7:07pm ET/4:07pm PT | Teheran vs Hutchinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What is with these managers *****ing about guys that are getting hit by pitches?

Sit down and shut up!

I would have been not happy had that happened for the other team. Pompey's foot was on/in front of the plate, defiantely shouldn't have been given first.

On that thought, not that Dalton was picked off, Pompey shouldn't have been given 1st and should still be hitting :rant:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I was right about Martin hitting the first homerun of the year if we ignore the first 10 games and 1 inning.

Pompey got hit on the toe there but should that cou8nt? Pompey's foot was in front of the plate I think

He should be called out, but ball don't lie I guess.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I would have been not happy had that happened for the other team. Pompey's foot was on/in front of the plate, defiantely shouldn't have been given first.

On that thought, not that Dalton was picked off, Pompey shouldn't have been given 1st and should still be hitting :rant:

When I typed that I thought he was questioning if Pompey was actually hit by the pitch. When they showed the replay I realized what was up. Legitimate beef.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
wait? called out? If he's out of the batters box and gets hit he's out and not just a ball? :amazed:

6.06 A batter is out for illegal action when -- (a) He hits a ball with one or both feet on the ground entirely outside the batters box. Rule 6.06(a) Comment: If a batter hits a ball fair or foul while out of the batters box, he shall be called out.

I guess since he did not hit it he would still be up to bat. But I'm not sure.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
He started slowly at AA and AAA in his first 30 AB's at those levels. He will turn things around.

Maybe, but the odds are that a couple of these rookies are going to have to go back down to the minors. The odds of Osuna, Castro, Pompey, Travis and Sanchez all working out are astronomical.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
He started slowly at AA and AAA in his first 30 AB's at those levels. He will turn things around.

AA yes. Buffalo no, he raked in Buffalo the entire time he was there. 12 games, 10 with hits, 6 with multiple hits.

I'm not concerned, it's only 10 games so far, If he's still hitting badly by mid May then I'll be concerned

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
6.06 A batter is out for illegal action when -- (a) He hits a ball with one or both feet on the ground entirely outside the batters box. Rule 6.06(a) Comment: If a batter hits a ball fair or foul while out of the batters box, he shall be called out.

I guess since he did not hit it he would still be up to bat. But I'm not sure.

I just assumed it would be a ball since he didn't swing. If he wasn't out of the batters box that's what it would be. I don't know the rule, but being called out would be dumb.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I just assumed it would be a ball since he didn't swing. If he wasn't out of the batters box that's what it would be. I don't know the rule, but being called out would be dumb.

Found out that it would be a strike in this case.

edit: I actually am still not totally sure. But if he made contact he would definitely be out because it's an illegal play.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That's fairer since I guess the ump couldn't call ball/strike since it didn't get to the plate.

Pompey/Pillar :facepalm:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Goins got rid of that ball too early though imo. He could have ran him back further to 1st, might have given Travis a chance to tag him before he got to 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad