Pre-Game Talk: 2015 Stanley Cup Final: Bolts vs Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
I feel the same way. I went into tonight feeling we still had a decent shot in the series, we won the game, and now I feel less confident then I did before the game. Still hanging my hat on how we get better as series go on, our record in games 5-7, and what we did against the Ducks last series. Have to, we are not winning 2 more games playing this way. I can't believe how Tampa has shut us down. The limited SOG we have for the series is amazing. I give Tampa credit, I didn't think they were on the Ducks level and after game 1 I thought we would win handily. They are a bad matchup for the Hawks.

Hawks are just two wins away. As long as we get those, no matter how pretty or ugly they are, we're good.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Man did TVR even struggle out there tonight.

Yeah, I almost feel better with Runblad and Cumiskey out there. I understand both those guys stink but at least they can skate. TVR and Timonen are turtles against a fast team. Its a no win situation with any of those 4. We still got away with it, somehow only giving up one goal. How did they only score 1 goal? Crow was great.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I feel the same way. I went into tonight feeling we still had a decent shot in the series, we won the game, and now I feel less confident then I did before the game. Still hanging my hat on how we get better as series go on, our record in games 5-7, and what we did against the Ducks last series. Have to, we are not winning 2 more games playing this way. I can't believe how Tampa has shut us down. The limited SOG we have for the series is amazing. I give Tampa credit, I didn't think they were on the Ducks level and after game 1 I thought we would win handily. They are a bad matchup for the Hawks.

There is something about needing to put this team away when you can because you give them too many lives and they will find a way to find their game as a series goes on. Hawks stole game 4, Tampa stole game 3. Now it's time for the Hawks to steal game 5 and have a crack at a cup on home ice. Big two days of rest coming up.

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
Yeah, I almost feel better with Runblad and Cumiskey out there. I understand both those guys stink but at least they can skate. TVR and Timonen are turtles against a fast team. Its a no win situation with any of those 4. We still got away with it, somehow only giving up one goal. How did they only score 1 goal? Crow was great.

I fully expect Runblad in the lineup for game 5.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Listening to Jay Zawaski now, he said Hawks possession numbers are better than Bolts in all 4 games, also said shots on goal are fairly even.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Listening to Jay Zawaski now, he said Hawks possession numbers are better than Bolts in all 4 games, also said shots on goal are fairly even.

I believe it. This game looked bad, but the Hawks gave them 4 pp opportunities, some of them were soft calls (Toews high stick) and Hawks hitting 3 post didn't help.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
duderanch18237 said:
Just wanna say too without making too many enemies on this board that some of you are the worst fans of a team I have ever seen. I've been reading these boards since Nashville. Anaheim was also particularly horrible.

This team is one of the best in the league and some of you act like whiny spoiled babies. I recall someone in the Anaheim series TURNING OFF the tv before a comeback Chicago win. Absolutely pathetic. Some of you should be ashamed to call yourselves fans.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Thank you, duderanch. I couldn't agree more.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
Game 5 might as well be game 7 for the Hawks. They have to go into that game with the mindset of it being the end of the season if they lose. They have to win this series out like they've done in 2010 and 2013. I do not like the Hawks chances in a game 7 in Tampa. And of course the other scenario would be an utter disaster.

They're gonna need Crawford to steal the next two and probably need Kane to finally break through as well. He had a garbage assist on Saads goal, which doesn't mean that he's broken through yet even though he got on the score sheet. But he looked better than he has before in the series.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
There is something about needing to put this team away when you can because you give them too many lives and they will find a way to find their game as a series goes on. Hawks stole game 4, Tampa stole game 3. Now it's time for the Hawks to steal game 5 and have a crack at a cup on home ice. Big two days of rest coming up.

Lol that's what Troy said, "if Hawks find their game Bolts are in for it"

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This game is very similar to game 4 against Anaheim. If ANA finds a way to win that OT then we might not be in this situation. Instead Vermy buries it and the rest is history. But this is two wins from the cup. Not 6. Hawks will dig deep and play a great road game on Saturday, hopefully enough to win.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Who would of thought after all the moaning throughout the season that Rozsival would end up being such a big loss. He was moaned at more than any player throughout the regular season and now his loss has had a big effect on the team. Thankfully we have these 2 days off, the last 2 day break.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
Lol that's what Troy said after the game, he said if Hawks find their game Bolts are in for it.

Which may be true. Think about it. Their performance has been no where near where it should be. Credit Tampa for some of that. But they've been in every single game still without playing all that well or making Bishop and Vasilevskiy work too much. If they get back to how they were at the end of the Anaheim series then they can win this. They've got 2 days to figure it out.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Game 5 might as well be game 7 for the Hawks. They have to go into that game with the mindset of it being the end of the season if they lose. They have to win this series out like they've done in 2010 and 2013. I do not like the Hawks chances in a game 7 in Tampa. And of course the other scenario would be an utter disaster.

They're gonna need Crawford to steal the next two and probably need Kane to finally break through as well. He had a garbage assist on Saads goal, which doesn't mean that he's broken through yet even though he got on the score sheet. But he looked better than he has before in the series.

Have to agree with that, let's see what they have....all games down to the wire so far.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Who would of thought after all the moaning throughout the season that Rozsival would end up being such a big loss. He was moaned at more than any player throughout the regular season and now his loss has had a big effect on the team. Thankfully we have these 2 days off, the last 2 day break.

Yeah lol so funny, but who would have thought? when Rozy went down i figured that Timo, Cumisky & Rundblad would at least be able to hold the fort somewhat, but oh well we've survived this long.

Strange situation, can you imagine Hawks winning Cup with only 4 major D? is amazing to think about it.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
In case anybody is interested, SportsNet posted a video/story with Vince Vaughn interviewing Toews:

vince_vaughn_jonathan_toews-1040x572.jpg

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...ws-chicago-blackhawks-captain-jonathan-toews/

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
Let's also not forget this young Lightning team has never been in the SCF before until this year. Let's hope the experience for the Hawks pays off here. Two more wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad