Pre-Game Talk: 2015 Stanley Cup Final: Bolts vs Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
The Hawks need to get these three straight wins done and quick. Maybe this board will be more pleasant when we're just talking about the draft.

Hawks might get these three straight wins, but they won't be quick. Game 4 is tomorrow, game 5 is Saturday, and game 6 is on Monday. I hate the two day break between games 4 and 5. :cry:

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
Yes, leaving in a mopey depression following every loss is the true test of fandom. :biglaugh:

When they're eliminated, Ill do my mourning. Til then Ill leave the 'you must suffer to be true!' Fan types to their self-flaggelation.

Guys what he is saying is- the loss would be so unbearable that the 100$ would at least sooth him. It's because he wants to win so badly, he'd gladly lose the 100.

If it was game 7 in the finals 500$ wouldn't make me feel better but at least it's better than just the crushing blow.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Hawks might get these three straight wins, but they won't be quick. Game 4 is tomorrow, game 5 is Saturday, and game 6 is on Monday. I hate the two day break between games 4 and 5. :cry:

We are very fortunate there's a break, don't forget we do not have the luxury of having 6 quality D at the moment.

Keith, Seabs, Hammer & Johnny O have no other choice but to be overused......extra rest is a precious thing.

Many, many HF posters on the main are amazed at what these 4 have done....hats off to them

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Yes, leaving in a mopey depression following every loss is the true test of fandom. :biglaugh:

When they're eliminated, Ill do my mourning. Til then Ill leave the 'you must suffer to be true!' Fan types to their self-flaggelation.

Man, you're really making a strong case for Strawman of the Year.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Lineup wise, I don't think there are any changes you could make that would mean **** all in the grand scheme.

It's a must win game, and there's two days off following it.

Double shift Saad, Kane, Teuvo, and anybody else that seems to be going.

Get rotating shifts of:

20-19-81
20-19-88
86-19-81
20-91-88
86-91-88

Depending on deployment and matchup (ie, if Hedman is one the ice, you keep Kane the **** away from him).

Hell, put Shaw on Toews right wing for a few shifts if he's going again.

Put the top 4 on the ice for 95% of the game.

Whatever it takes. Worry about rest next game.

Agree with that, backs are against the wall and don't want to be down 3 to 1, who cares about 2 days rest? that should not be on any Hawk players mind, only winning and every player given plenty of ice time better be dragging when it's over , if not and result is bad well maybe just not hungry enough perhaps, we will see.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
For what it's worth...

Heard John Tortorella on the radio this morning, he thinks this goes 7 games, did'nt give his opinion on who would win.

Then tuned in this afternoon to hear Barry Melrose & Steve Levy, interesting take... Barry said he picks Hawks in 6 or 7 (don't know if he was serious or not but damn i hope he's right).

Barry & Steve once owned their own team at one time, lost some dough, had to fire their Coach, etc. seemed like a great experience for them.

Wendel Clark & Joe Kocur are his Cousins, he also appeared in SlapShot 2, pretty sure he played with Mark Messier when he was young.

Right now i am a bit nervous like after game 3 vs Ducks and same during WCF last year and after game 3 vs B's....my fear of losing is greater than the joy of winning, just how i am , i hate losing.

My Dad thinks i'm nuts as he could give a crap.

Let's see what Hawks are made of yet again.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
The Hawks need to get these three straight wins done and quick. Maybe this board will be more pleasant when we're just talking about the draft.

I'm going purely on memory here, but in the Summer after a Cup win this board is pretty much the same as it is now. Toned down a little bit for sure, but the whiners are still whiners.

The same people that say things like "If we win the Cup it's all fine" will be saying "This is not fine, we're in a mess right now" during our cap purge of mostly pieces we didn't need and are improving by removing them.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014

Not concerned at all. Hawks lost a game 5 after splitting the first four last round for the first time in 7 seasons. Kings defied history last year playing 3 game 7s on route to the scf and they defied history also in 2012 becoming the first 8 seed to win the cup. Boston in 2011 became the first team since the penguins in 92 to win the cup after having played a game 7 in round 1. Stats like these are meant to be broken. A stat that matters more is the hawks record in games 4-7 in q era. Of course the first stat I mentioned mattered a lot as well, so we'll see I guess.

ChicagoDog

May 11, 2015
Not concerned at all. Hawks lost a game 5 after splitting the first four last round for the first time in 7 seasons. Kings defied history last year playing 3 game 7s on route to the scf and they defied history also in 2012 becoming the first 8 seed to win the cup. Boston in 2011 became the first team since the penguins in 92 to win the cup after having played a game 7 in round 1. Stats like these are meant to be broken. A stat that matters more is the hawks record in games 4-7 in q era. Of course the first stat I mentioned mattered a lot as well, so we'll see I guess.
Every championship team has to overcome some sort of adversity, I'm not gonna get my panties in a bunch over that stupid stat that means absolutely nothing.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Hawks are going to win the Cup.
Why shouldn't we be optimistic?

Hawks all the time get better as series goes on, Star Players produce when it matters. Crawford let in another stinker again, but he still has made some good saves. Confident that he can stop them.

Bolts might think they've won already. That they already knocked out the Hawks.
Game 4 will be different. Not to mention that the Hawks have all the Talent and can always win another road game.

cry cry they suck
cry cry Stan has done a bad Job
cry cry Q is a bad Coach

that's all some do... whining and crying.

I'll be sad if we lose - being optimistic or pessimistic

Sir Psycho T

More Cowbell!
Oct 1, 2008
Redwood City, CA
My concern is with how they lost not that they lost.

They dominated a huge chunk of that first period then seemingly just coasted the rest of the way. Not seeing that fire from a lot of the guys and that's was pisses me off.

It's time to play like this is the Stanley Cup, because hey it is, and not like it's some throw away game in Phoenix in December

Pulyx

Jun 8, 2015
Brazil
I didn't watch the Tampa x NY Series.

Does anybody know how were they able to score 5, 6, 7 goals against this team?

What were they doing that was so effective that they scored so many goals on this defense?

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I didn't watch the Tampa x NY Series.

Does anybody know how were they able to score 5, 6, 7 goals against this team?

What were they doing that was so effective that they scored so many goals on this defense?

Didn't catch that series, but I'd assume they didn't miss on multiple open nets.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I watched the second half of Monday's game again last evening. The conclusion is: TB stole that game. It was far more obvious watching after the fact.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Take advantage of our golden opportunities and Hawks are up 2-1 right now. No doubt they will be the better team here on out, just need to capitalize.

marco1475

Mar 17, 2015
I have a bad feeling that this series might end at the UC in game 6 and not in the way we all hope. A karmic payback, if you wish, for the 'Hawks winning both Cups on the opposing teams' turf ...

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I have a bad feeling that this series might end at the UC in game 6 and not in the way we all hope. A karmic payback, if you wish, for the 'Hawks winning both Cups on the opposing teams' turf ...

Well strike that feeling right out of there.
The future is still to be written and we as fans have a part to play.
Pos - i - tive ... Vi - bra - tions ... Yeea - aaahh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad