29-27/26: Divison winners
15-25/26: Remaining playoff teams.

Was there a change to the draft format?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26377#entry_order

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
We've been over this countless times... There was no changes, that is an old link from the early 2000's.

The first format you placed is correct.

NSH pick will be between 21-25 assuming they lose in one of the first two rounds.

Edit: That link is outdated, you can see in a previous HF thread made before the 2014 draft that the same link was linked to then. Despite this link being up last year, the 2014 draft was still based on the Cup winner/Cup loser and Conference final losers making up the last 4 picks (after NJ's last pick since they were fined). Here's the link: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/sh...1672241&page=2

Last edited:

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Nope. I'd draft the best prospect available at #4.

If the Leafs want more picks near the top of the draft, which I'm sure they do. They will likely acquire those picks by selling off roster players.

desperateblue

Jun 17, 2004
NO.
Id rather they institute a new internal mlse rule.
No trading first rounders ever up down sideways or to their momma for pie.
I would go as far as to say avoid 2nd round picks too

The leafs have been trading picks like hotdog stand vendors since I was a kid

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
I know Dunn will, but I feel Senyshyn could be available because teams always start picking unknown or players people had projected later after the 1st 40 picks or so. I hope he's available though.

I'll be shocked if he's still there. Good size, ridiculous skater, great shot, and doesn't quit. He's a 1st rounder in most drafts

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
They better be giving up more than the TB pick. I want one of Sanheim/Morin as well, or we make the pick.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
like others have said , it'll depend on how close our scouts believe the prospects from 4 to 7 are and how they feel about what they can get with another pick in the mid 20s

I haven't seen that much of all the top picks but i've caught Barzal at the under 18's and the kid is a heck of a prospect . He fed a beauty little saucer pass for a assist and nice top corner snipe as well against the Finns . He's fast , skilled and smart .

Although i don't believe we can , i'd love to find a way to come out of this draft with him and Hanifin .

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Marner. I salivate at the thought of a future line Marner-Kadri-Nylander
Very Detroitish for our new head coach Mr.Babcock

It's too bad none of those guys really like to pass. They all like the puck on their sticks and to lead the line. I mean, Kadri is a better player than Bozak, but why didn't he play on the same line as Kessel then?

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Marner. I salivate at the thought of a future line Marner-Kadri-Nylander
Very Detroitish for our new head coach Mr.Babcock

In all honestly, I dont think that line is successful.

Certainly not a no 1 NHL line. I just think you coukd grind that line down. They would be deadly in the o-zone, but D-zone and transitions could be an issue.

Like it or not, there is a reason some of the league's best lines include some sort of pillar of size and puck protection

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yah im not sure on if that line would work either but the skill, the stickhandling and speed would be crazy. would be interesting to see them try though

I guess the powerplay would be killer?? lol

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
7th Overall + 24th Overall + Robert Haag for 4th Overall + Tom Nilsson
6th Overall for James van Reimsdyk

Draft Ivan Provorov @ 6 (NJD)
Draft Matt Barzal @ 7 (PHI)
Draft Brandon Carlo @ 22 (NSH)
Draft Daniel Sprong @ 24 (TBL)

Isn't a terrible option TBH. Apparently management, or more specifically, Mark Hunter really like Matt Barzal.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
7th Overall + 24th Overall + Robert Haag for 4th Overall + Tom Nilsson
6th Overall for James van Reimsdyk

Draft Ivan Provorov @ 6 (NJD)
Draft Matt Barzal @ 7 (PHI)
Draft Brandon Carlo @ 22 (NSH)
Draft Daniel Sprong @ 24 (TBL)

Isn't a terrible option TBH. Apparently management, or more specifically, Mark Hunter really like Matt Barzal.

I like the trades, was thinking the exact same thing.

Don't agree with the your picks on the later rounds. Sprong's "give a **** meter" is insane. He tries his best, but I just don't see the hype on him as most people do. I'd rather draft Chabot, Konency (captain material), eriksson ek, etc.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Don't agree with the your picks on the later rounds. Sprong's "give a **** meter" is insane. He tries his best, but I just don't see the hype on him as most people do. I'd rather draft Chabot, Konency (captain material), eriksson ek, etc.

There's always going to be differing opinions that late in the draft. Daniel Sprong is insanely skilled, and his main issues, are almost similar to Nylander's - simply maturing. He needs to add the weight/size/muscle. Some have concerns over his defensive ability, but it's quite shrewd. Almost similar to Nylander's as well, where they pick pocket players, but Sprong is also very good positionally.

Brandon Carlo is a guy I really want to get. 6'5, RHD, terrific mobility, and speed, not only fantastic defensively, but has a fantastic shot and awareness in the offensive zone. Personally, I have ranked in the 14-18 range, and it's likely he might be on the board come 22-24 when the Nashville selection comes up. This guy to me has all the tools to becoming a top pairing defender. He needs to work on some of his puck skills, without a doubt.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008

Honestly, look at a kid like Sam Bennett right now with Calgary, and you see how much tenacity and effort can be key, especially in breaking into the NHL. You need guys hard on the puck, because they allow the Kadri's and Nylanders to rover and be deadly.

Ill admit Ive barely seen Sprong play, but he also had 30 goals/68 points as a 16 year old, and improved on those stats this year. To me thats impressive

If you compile a list of guys who are PPG in the CHL at age 16, its a small group, and while many dont end up becoming good prospects (e.g Shane McGlogan, Jordan Weal, Angelo Esposito), its still to me a telling factor of someone's pedigree.

For example, a kid like Matt Puempel. Arguably you can make a case his best junior season was his rookie year. Stumbled for a bit, but is a real prospect now

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I'll be shocked if he's still there. Good size, ridiculous skater, great shot, and doesn't quit. He's a 1st rounder in most drafts

Yeah I wish we really had our 2nd round pick still.

Kids projected in the 4th round I believe.
A gritty winger who plays with an edge and has a nose for the net. Plays an agitative style and is very effective on the forecheck. Possesses good skating ability and is able to evade larger opponents with ease. All-in-all, a scrappy, skilled winger that can be difficult to play against. - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=199921#sthash.Nn0eWsf2.dpuf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland