2015 NHL Entry Draft Discussion - April 2015 Post Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Yeah I wish we really had our 2nd round pick still.

Kids projected in the 4th round I believe.
A gritty winger who plays with an edge and has a nose for the net. Plays an agitative style and is very effective on the forecheck. Possesses good skating ability and is able to evade larger opponents with ease. All-in-all, a scrappy, skilled winger that can be difficult to play against. - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=199921#sthash.Nn0eWsf2.dpuf

I should probably add this. Jesse Gabrielle was a projected top 5 pick before the year started... He obviously has some sort of skill set that made him look that good in the first place.

JMilne*

I would trade for 2 1st rounders and maybe a mid prospect , we would still walk away with Lawson Crouse , Ivan Provorov , or Mitchell Marner as well as another pick? i would do it

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I've been pimping Meloche for awhile.
Here's a good post on him from a Q viewer.

"I still think he is a very worthy first rounder, stock might have dropped because of a late-season injury but he is awesome. I saw him as the #2 defender out of the Q for this draft early in the season, and I'm having a hard time changing my stance.

He's got everything you could wish for in a D, he is big, mobile, he is smart has good vision, can dish out the hits, can join the rush, big clapper from the point, can be on the PP or PK and logs a ton of ice time.

He's the #1 D for Baie-Comeau and has played very well in the playoffs, they are in game 7 in round 2 right now.

He is extremely impressive and has a lot of poise anyone that drafts him outside of the top-15 is getting a steal to me. But honestly this draft is so deep even the teams drafting late 1st round will be getting gems so... perhaps he falls a bit.

His upside is a top-pairing D; 35-40 pts with good D and physical play."

He's my top guy with the NASH pick.

Meloche is definitely a strong candidate with that pick. Another RD with a similar upside and skillset is Noah Juulsen, who's probably a better skater but also smaller in stature, though at the jr level it doesn't show in his play.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
I'd Easily trade Kessel for something like the 6th overall + Ryane Clowe. Marner/Hanifin, Marner/Brazal or Brazal/Hanifin is just too enticing not to for me.

Depending on who was on the board, I`d trade Kessel for a top-ten pick straight-up.

It`s not the best value really but I just want Kessel gone and I`d rather get one high-quality asset than a bunch of lesser ones.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
What # is the Nashville pick if they lose in round 1 here?

It's all depends on the other teams who lose first round.

If the Rangers, Blues and Lightning get out first round we will attain the 19th overall pick. We need teams ahead of the Nashville in the standings to lose in order to get this pick. It's more likely that we get 19-21 given Nashville loses and Tampa on the brink

If Nashville gets out of the first round at worst we'll have the 22nd overall pick :)

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Depending on who was on the board, I`d trade Kessel for a top-ten pick straight-up.

It`s not the best value really but I just want Kessel gone and I`d rather get one high-quality asset than a bunch of lesser ones.

We should be looking to a Jeff Carter type deal

Preferably Huberdeau + 11th ;)

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I thought OLIVER KYLINGTON was supposed to be a high draft pick. Anyone know why he's dropping? Or is this just a case of risers rising over him

I think he's been inconsistent and hasn't stepped up throughout the year. Mix in the fact that other prospects have risen a lot since, he's fallen probably around late first round, maybe even early 2nd.

Some lists still have him as a mid first rounder though.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Kessel can get more then that. Terrible deal.

Honestly... Kessel has to fetch a 1st rounder, a top prospect and a solid young player (or something in that ball park) at least. There's no reason why he should fetch less then this.

The 6th overall pick doesn't make it nearly enough, especially by taking on a dead contract in Clowe for our best player. That's exactly what Dubas said they won't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA