2015 NHL Draft Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
LOL these kids are still in diapers. We can't honestly be looking at prospects 3 years away as anything more then skilled (some aren't even in major leagues)

Why not? There have been NHL scouts out at McDavid's games this year. If they want to see him, it shouldn't be off limits to discuss them...

Im starting to rank Ontario and US 97 born prospects for the OHL Draft. It happens all the time.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
LOL these kids are still in diapers. We can't honestly be looking at prospects 3 years away as anything more then skilled (some aren't even in major leagues)

snoooor these comments are so either no knowledge in the fact or just a jelous poster who has no information to post here...I think it is time to get out of the past and see that these guys are only 3 years away, no scout just scouts a player for the 1 year and says k we are good LOL.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
snoooor these comments are so either no knowledge in the fact or just a jelous poster who has no information to post here...I think it is time to get out of the past and see that these guys are only 3 years away, no scout just scouts a player for the 1 year and says k we are good LOL.

agreed.

dont dignify these people with comments when they simply dont understand how this process works.

move on and lets keep talking about this exciting class of prospects..

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Can anybody comment on Giorgio Estephan, a 1997 in the AMBHL?

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Do any of you know if they plan on having another All-Canadian game this year featuring the best 97's in the country? Thank you kindly.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Do any of you know if they plan on having another All-Canadian game this year featuring the best 97's in the country? Thank you kindly.
Yep, looks like they are:
To continue to foster and support the development of some of the finest young bantam-age players in the country, the NHLPA and Allstate Canada will once again host the high performance Allstate All-Canadians Mentorship Camp, for 42 of the best players from across the country starting July 17, 2012. Gary Roberts, program ambassador and 21-year NHL veteran and Stanley Cup Champion will be joined by Canadian NHL players and other leading hockey experts to equip the selected players with the skills to fulfill their potential on and off the ice.
Scheduled for the Hershey Centre in Mississauga, Ontario July 17 - 21, the camp will again be organized under the leadership of Gary Roberts and give these youngsters a chance to learn directly from some of the finest players in the NHL. Helping instruct at the 2011 camp were 18 NHLPA members, including stars like Jason Spezza, Luke Schenn, Jeff Skinner, Steve Stamkos, Marty Biron and Stephen Weiss.

The camp will also feature the second annual Allstate All-Canadians Mentorship Cup featuring two squads put together from the camp's attendees. Last year's high-octane game was settled in a shootout in front of 2,500 excited fans at the Hershey Centre and a live television audience on TSN. Team Spezza took that 10 - 9 victory and Jason Spezza will return as a head coach in 2012 to defend his title.
http://www.nhlpa.com/news/media-rel...pire-canadian-youth-their-parents-and-coaches

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Jesus Christ...

Jordan Greenway
6'4" 190 lbs 2.16.1997
Shattuck St. Mary's Bantam 50+70=120 in 55 games... :shocked

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
I'd love to hear a comparison between Greenway and his teammate Noel from those who have seen Shattuck play.

Oct 15, 2008
Can anybody comment on Giorgio Estephan, a 1997 in the AMBHL?

Ive seen him play. He is big, skilled, strong, good skater. He is ranked in the top five for the upcoming whl bantam draft on some lists I have seen.

I saw him at the John Reid Memorial tourney when SSAC played the Semiahmoo Ravens. For my money, Matt Bradley from the Ravens outshone him in that game, but he is quite a bit smaller. Even with the size difference he trucked Estephan with a huge open ice hit.

Bradley is ranked near the bottom of the first round so I am curious as to when he will actually be taken.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Jesus Christ...

Jordan Greenway
6'4" 190 lbs 2.16.1997
Shattuck St. Mary's Bantam 50+70=120 in 55 games... :shocked

Greenway uses his size, good skater and good hands for a his size, he is very good in the offensive end, excellent hands, excellet vision and passing skills, uses his size well...

Noel is smaller, faster, more energetic, amazing hands, gritty, good both ends, physical, explosive goal scoring, and good passing skills, he is always go go go on the ice....Green way not was well rounded, but explosive offensive skills.....both are amazing, I found it hard to say who is better...I have Greenway ranked in my first round mid way and Noel way up, but that is only because I saw Greenway 3 times where I watched Noel a bunch of times....

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Just wondering how a 97 is progressing. I believe his name is Adam Holwell, Last I remember he was a 1st round pick in the Q. Is there any chance he gets drafted in the 1st round or 2nd round of the 2015 draft?

Last edited:

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Just wondering how a 97 is progressing. I believe his name is Adam Holwell, Last I remember he was a 1st round pick in the Q. Is there any chance he gets drafted in the 1st round or 2nd round of the 2015 draft?

.... There hasn't been any 1997's drafted into the CHL except for McDavid.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

More 90's music heard.

Is Czech Republic just now hitting 1996 or something?

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

How about Yevgeni Svechnikov for Ak Bars Kazan... a late 1996?

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

how accurately can you scout a player that is still 4 years away from his NHL draft?

You can see how they play against people older than them/NHL prospects.

Seriously if you don't like the topic -- don't contribute anything to it.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
You can see how they play against people older than them/NHL prospects.

Seriously if you don't like the topic -- don't contribute anything to it.

you that miserable that I cannot ask an honest question? come on man..

why the **** would I come to the "scouting" thread and try and make a stupid remark about a scouting a young player knowing that Connor McDavid will be in the OHL next year and he is eligable for 2015 I believe, I want to know how well you can project a player a year before his OHL draft year, not an unreasonable question

seriously cant even ask a question on here these days

Last edited:

jntadt22

Mar 6, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN

why the **** would I come to the "scouting" thread and try and make a stupid remark about a scouting a young player knowing that Connor McDavid will be in the OHL next year and he is eligable for 2015 I believe, I want to know how well you can project a player a year before his OHL draft year, not an unreasonable question

You've got to understand that these scouting gurus look at these kids earlier than most people year in and year out. Guys like Grandlund, Tiger, etc have to defend themselves (rightfully so) from the friends and family coup every year. This is about the time where those groups start to get on them, so the scouts tend to be on edge a bit.

To answer your question. I'm not a scout by any stretch of the imagination, but in my opinion, this is where the building blocks are started. The foundation of their scouting comes in these first looks.

I usually only see a few Midget and Bantam games in the US, so I don't talk about kids I've never seen live, but I very rarely say anything about players. I look at this for more of what will be seen in the CHL, World Jrs. and NHL years down the road. Me personally, I'm fascinated by the process, but again, that's just me!

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga

I think it's a perfectly fair question, and shouldn't derail the thread. I think looking at projectable tools, strengths and weaknesses etc. is a good bet. I find it impossible to rank kids this young for the NHL draft, but some feel they're able to do it so all the power to them.

I look at this thread just for names to remember kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad