2015 NHL Draft Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
Last night was the first time I saw highlights of McDavid. He looks amazing......just blown away by what he can do at such a young age. Barzal looks amazing too.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
That's where you're wrong. McDavid has yet to play a single OHL game and you guys put so much pressure on him. I know OHL fans are happy to see their next "phenom", but you will be sorry when you see Nathan MacKinnon dominate. Nathan MacKinnon is build like Crosby, not talent wise, nor skillwise, but physically. Strong on skates, and explosive. MacKinnon will score over 100 pts next year and he should make team Canada.

That's where I'm wrong? Aren't we all just giving our "opinions"?

McDavid is 2 years younger than MacKinnon, and most who have seen both play are in agreement that McDavid is the superior talent.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
That's where I'm wrong? Aren't we all just giving our "opinions"?

McDavid is 2 years younger than MacKinnon, and most who have seen both play are in agreement that McDavid is the superior talent.

I'm just saying my opinion too. McDavid's talent is undeniable, the kid is full of skills and he's ahead of his draft class and the 96's too.

The bolded part is very questionable. MacKinnon has dominated a Remparts team by himself on a few occasions this past year, I'm starting to think that you are really underestimating him and that you haven't seen him at all. McDavid is good, real good, but not on the same level than MacKinnon, talent wise. Making fancy moves isn't everything in hockey.

Rafik Soliman

Feb 27, 2002
Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Visit site
It looks like the 2015-Class could turn out into one of the strongest for Switzerland...

Jonas Siegenthaler, Auguste Impose and Denis Malgin are Names that should be heard a lot comes that draft year....

Jonas Siegenthaler - is already around 6-foot-1 and 180 pounds. He is virtually a better skating version of Phil Baltisberger and Jonas is looking at his 1st full semi-pro season in the Swiss National League B at the age of 15...

Auguste Impose - The fastest skater in his age-group in Switzerland. Hadn't had that much chance to compare him internationaly but he could turn easily into one of the faster skaters in this draft-class. Although is missing the fines a little bit in his skill-set.

Denis Malgin - The son of former russian NLB-Star Albert Malgin. Malgin is a slick skater and highly skilled, but not overly big yet. Already impresses with a high hockey-iq.

All three are dominant forces in the swiss under-17 league and already are practicing and playing with the under-20 teams of their respective teams....

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
I'm just saying my opinion too. McDavid's talent is undeniable, the kid is full of skills and he's ahead of his draft class and the 96's too.

The bolded part is very questionable. MacKinnon has dominated a Remparts team by himself on a few occasions this past year, I'm starting to think that you are really underestimating him and that you haven't seen him at all. McDavid is good, real good, but not on the same level than MacKinnon, talent wise. Making fancy moves isn't everything in hockey.

I have seen him numerous times. The game I found most telling is when Detroit Honeybaked completely shut him down in the U-16 National Final. Against a powerhouse, he wasn't the phenom a lot claim to be. He's not on McDavid's level skill-wise nor does he have his hockey IQ based on what I have seen from.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this. We'll see how McDavid does as a 15 year old in the OHL, but remember this, when MacKinnon was the same age he was feasting upon a schedule that was mostly against weak American Minor Midget teams.

We'll see where McDavid is in 2 years in comparison....

MacKinnon is a wonderful talent, and I think he'll have a great pro career, but I think McDavid is a special player with the potential to be scary good.

Last edited:

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009

With respect, the only way to know if a player is good or not is to see both players at the same stage of thier development live numourous times. Unless you made the trip out to Shattick 5-6 times two years ago, then im not sure how anyone could make that assessment either way.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
With respect, the only way to know if a player is good or not is to see both players at the same stage of thier development live numourous times. Unless you made the trip out to Shattick 5-6 times two years ago, then im not sure how anyone could make that assessment either way.

Not trying to nitpick but mackinnon played a tournament in moncton (ACC), for under 14, 15, and 16. He very well could have seen him live there in those years.

scout97

Jul 17, 2012
Mckinnon and mcdavid are both special players. IMO mckinnon is explosive and plays with more intensity. But i've never seen another 15 year old besides Crosby who's better then mcdavid. His skill is off the charts and has an incredible hockey mind. He's just so advanced for his age. He definitely needs to grow, get physically stronger, and work on his shot. They are both amazing prospects and only time will tell but right now my money is on mcdavid being a bit better

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Not trying to nitpick but mackinnon played a tournament in moncton (ACC), for under 14, 15, and 16. He very well could have seen him live there in those years.

Thats fine, but where do you see McDavid play live?

How can you make such a bold statement without doing it?

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
I have never seen McDavid live, I am just pointing out that he wouldn't have had to go to shattuck to see Mackinnon live in the past 3 seasons.

Thats fair, but I don't know how anyone can make the statement that one player is better then the other without seeing them play live at the exact same age, same stage if his development. I would never try it, but hey, if someone thinks that can, good for them.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Thats fair, but I don't know how anyone can make the statement that one player is better then the other without seeing them play live at the exact same age, same stage if his development. I would never try it, but hey, if someone thinks that can, good for them.
I agree, however I have never seen mcdavid live and I may still give him the edge over mackinnon who I have seen around 50 times live. Not that I know enough to say that for sure, but from what I've seen/heard of mcdavid he is even better than mackinnon....and that says a lot.

scout97

Jul 17, 2012
Mcdavid off to a solid start leading the otters in scoring after 10 games with 12 points
5 goals and 7 assists.

usascout1

Nov 2, 2012
Last night was the first time I saw highlights of McDavid. He looks amazing......just blown away by what he can do at such a young age. Barzal looks amazing too.

McDavid playing very solid this season and should be even more dominant once he gets stronger, which he will. Barzal has all the earmarks to be a top NHL draft pick but he is on the smaller size. A lot can happen in the next 3 seasons to determine who will end up in the first round.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
McDavid playing very solid this season and should be even more dominant once he gets stronger, which he will. Barzal has all the earmarks to be a top NHL draft pick but he is on the smaller size. A lot can happen in the next 3 seasons to determine who will end up in the first round.

Barzal has nice size 5'11" 165lbs.

scout97

Jul 17, 2012
Can anyone post an updated list. Last one posted was over 5 months ago. Thanks !

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Watching his second FEL game and i have to say wow. Just scored his first goal. Crazy to think that he is 2015 draftee. Let's see if he can mantain the spot in the FEL team as 16 year old like Barkov did.

Saarela, Julius Nättinen, Mikko Rantanen, Sebastian Aho

Alot of high-end foward prospects from Finland for this draft. But anything can happen until the draft but now it looks promising.

I've seen McDavid playing for couple games and i don't think that these finnish prospects can match him but comparing to other prospects coming from Finland in last years these prospects are doing very, very well.

Really happy that Finland is starting to produce elite prospects.

Last edited:

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Watching his second FEL game and i have to say wow. Just scored his first goal. Crazy to think that he is 2015 draftee. Let's see if he can mantain the spot in the FEL team as 16 year old like Barkov did.

Saarela, Julius Nättinen, Mikko Rantanen, Sebastian Aho

Alot of high-end foward prospects from Finland for this draft. But anything can happen until the draft but now it looks promising.

Could you provide us with a little scouting report, strengths/weaknesses?

I agree with you 100%, Anything can happen until then but 2015 draft-class is looking insanely good right now for finland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad