2015 NHL Draft Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Could you provide us with a little scouting report, strengths/weaknesses?

I agree with you 100%, Anything can happen until then but 2015 draft-class is looking insanely good right now for finland.

Rantanen is big (6'1-6'2 178/5'10 is definetly out of date) for his age. Had somekind of growing burst. It definetly hurted his skating, looks slowish, bad mobility etc. same problem as Barkov had after his growing burst. His hockeyIQ and vision is very very good. It seems like his passes goes always tape to tape. Haven't seen many bad passes off him. Ok at the defensive zone but could be better. Good attitude and work ethic on ice and very nice hands. I have to watch him more to know more about him.

Biggest working ground is definetly on his skating but i would blame the growing burst for it like it was for Barkov.

I like how he plays. He doesen't seem lost against men. He just play his game. It doesen't matter where he plays. He dares to play and doesen't think too much that he is playing against men or U20 competition.

Last edited:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
It is very early but at this point, it seems that Maximilian Kammerer could be the most intriguing prospect from Germany for this draft.
At only just 16 he is already playing pretty much fullt time in the 3rd tier men's league in Germany, and does not look out of place.

Other German prospects that might deserve a closer look are defenseman Maximilian Glässl who plays in Finland and forward Julian Napravnik

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
For Czechs these 7 guys all have over a point a game in czech U-18 as 15 year olds.. Kovarcik is a late 96 born

Lukas Andel
Lukas Jasek
Filip Chlapik
Michael Spacek
David Kase
Tomas Soustal
Michal Kovarcik
http://hokej.cz/cz/mladez/statistiky/?season=2012&competition_id=1146

Then theres Pavel Zacha.. 15 playing in Czech U-20 with respectable stats.. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=130786

Early to say but this looks like a pretty strong group for the czechs. Hopefully!!!

Also a good goalie in Daniel Vladar

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Wow, You're that high on Eichel? Have only heard good things about him but that is one serious statement. Psyched to watch him play for NTDP. Haven't seen a kid from New England go that high in a very very very long time. Without further ado, New England players taken in the first round in the last 15 years...

Colin Wilson 7 in 08
Ryan Whitney 5 in 02
Rick Dipetro 1 in 00 :yo: :sarcasm:

Side note: take a look at the '00 draft. it may be the absolute worst draft of all time with the exception of Heatley, Gaborik, Orpik, and Lundqvist, its littered with crap.

Would be nice if you had your facts straight on New England first rounders. You need to do your homework.

2002 - 2012

Mike Morris
Hugh Jessiman
Brian Boyle
Cory Schneider
Chris Kreider
Charlie Coyle
Kevin Hayes

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Would be nice if you had your facts straight on New England first rounders. You need to do your homework.

2002 - 2012

Mike Morris
Hugh Jessiman
Brian Boyle
Cory Schneider
Chris Kreider
Charlie Coyle
Kevin Hayes

Sorry should've said top 10 as you can see thats all I included. Wasn't trying to leave out those guys, I'm a really big BC guy so that was definitely not my intention. Just trying to show those players who went as high as they're projecting Eichel.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
It is very early but at this point, it seems that Maximilian Kammerer could be the most intriguing prospect from Germany for this draft.
At only just 16 he is already playing pretty much fullt time in the 3rd tier men's league in Germany, and does not look out of place.

Other German prospects that might deserve a closer look are defenseman Maximilian Glässl who plays in Finland and forward Julian Napravnik

Kammerer might be a good little prospect but did anyone else get the notion that Germany mens league tier 3 might not be the greatest in the world?

What would the NA equivalent be?

Junior A hockey maybe?

A guy to put on the radar but not until he faces some competition.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Kammerer might be a good little prospect but did anyone else get the notion that Germany mens league tier 3 might not be the greatest in the world?

Junior A hockey maybe?

I absolutely agree. The 3rd tier men's league in Germany is not exactly high level competition, but I would say it is better than German juniors.

I don't think Kammerer will be an overall top prospect, but as far as German prospects for the 2015 draft go he stands out a bit at this point, because even in Germany it is not common for a kid who has just turned 16 to play in a men's league full time, even if it is just 3rd tier.

So again I agree, there is no need to get excited, but people might want to keep an eye on him.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Paul Bittner has exploded on a recent little hot streak with Portland.

Has the size and skating to be considered a 1st rounder if he keeps on developing.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Paul Bittner has exploded on a recent little hot streak with Portland.

Has the size and skating to be considered a 1st rounder if he keeps on developing.
Most Minnesota folks say he is more skilled and has more potential than (two former NHL 1st rounders) Nick Bjugstad and Brock Nelson at this stage.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Timashov is a very interesting prospect. 7 points in 6 games in SuperElit Top10 for Modo. Very, very skilled player! 2015 eligible.

shattuckgopher

Sep 20, 2012
Minnesota and Wisconsin 97's

Baer - Vancouver Giants
Novak - Saint Thomas ( US U17 )
Driscoll - East View
Jungels - Benilde ( listed Lethbridge )
Robert - Shattuck ( will sign with Brandon Wheat Kings )
Wahlin - Des Moines ( born in 96 but late birthdate so 2015 draft )
Gabrielle - Eagan ( will join Brandon Wheat Kings )
Klehr - Vancouver Giant Pick - Playing Shattuck
Freytag - Wayzata

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
how has nathan noel looked this year?

Noel is looking great, he had a bad all state game, and played average at a scouting thing Shattuck had this year but in most games he looks really good for the team his only problem is he is listed at 5'10/170 or something like that, but standing next to the kid he is about 5'08/135 or something small.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Top5 Swedes currently(imo):
Rasmus Andersson
Oliver Kylington
Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson
Felix Sandström
Robin Kovacs
HM: Petter Mäkitalo, Dmytro Timashov, Filip Ahl.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Rasmus Andersson
Oliver Kylington
Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson
Felix Sandström
Robin Kovacs

Pretty nice depth once again...

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Stats are here... http://www.atlantichockey.org/player_information.php?playerid=110949&seasonid=19

The rumor has been that a number of the Russians on that Jr. Knights team will play in the USHL next year before going to the CHL.

That is exactly what I am afraid of. Cedar Rapids has lost 3 players to the CHL in the last 2 years. My source is Matt Moran of OHL Central scouting. He tweeted it this afternoon. In my experience if he says something then it is as good as gold.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Rasmus Andersson
Oliver Kylington
Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson
Felix Sandström
Robin Kovacs

I'd add the following to the HM list:

Gustaf Franzén
Jonathan Leman
Jens Lööke
Einar Emanuelsson (Playing for Luleå next season)
Fredrik Forsberg (Filip's younger brother)

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
Rantanen is big (6'1-6'2 178/5'10 is definetly out of date) for his age. Had somekind of growing burst. It definetly hurted his skating, looks slowish, bad mobility etc. same problem as Barkov had after his growing burst. His hockeyIQ and vision is very very good. It seems like his passes goes always tape to tape. Haven't seen many bad passes off him. Ok at the defensive zone but could be better. Good attitude and work ethic on ice and very nice hands. I have to watch him more to know more about him.

Having seen Rantanen playing lately, he looks like a good prospect. Nice passer and obviously he can shoot the puck but his skating is a weakness as you said.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I do not understand any of the hype for Adam Musil. I know it is a small sample size, but I watched all three of his games for Red Deer and I saw nothing that should classify him as 1st round.

Plus his skating is choppy as hell and just looked awkward when he was on the forecheck or skating with the puck.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
I do not understand any of the hype for Adam Musil. I know it is a small sample size, but I watched all three of his games for Red Deer and I saw nothing that should classify him as 1st round.

Plus his skating is choppy as hell and just looked awkward when he was on the forecheck or skating with the puck.

You have to remember he is 15 and was playing against developed WHL players. At the midget level his skating still does look a bit choppy but not too bad. He has very good smarts and his offensive skills are alright. Mature defensively. I compare his game to Mikko Koivu.

I agree that at least right now he shouldn't be regarded as a first rounder. He is a name to watch though.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
For Czechs these 7 guys all have over a point a game in czech U-18 as 15 year olds.. Kovarcik is a late 96 born

Lukas Andel
Lukas Jasek
Filip Chlapik
Michael Spacek
David Kase
Tomas Soustal
Michal Kovarcik
http://hokej.cz/cz/mladez/statistiky/?season=2012&competition_id=1146

Then theres Pavel Zacha.. 15 playing in Czech U-20 with respectable stats.. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=130786

Early to say but this looks like a pretty strong group for the czechs. Hopefully!!!

Also a good goalie in Daniel Vladar

Vladar is the best Czech 2015 prospect in my opinion. Than D Jakub Zboril and than Filip Chlapik. All have higher upside than Zacha IMO but Zacha is more of safe pick.
Still early.

Tronador

Nov 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site

Junior A hockey maybe?

I don't think the level is that bad, although there are huge differences between the teams.

There are also a few drafted players there:

Karol Bartanus,
Ivan Kolozvary,
Chris Stanley,
Dominik Bielke,
Adam Courchaine,
Jan Nemecek.

Some other notable players are Manuel Klinge (he even could play for the German National team, I really don't know, why he prefered to stay in Kassel), Petr Fical, Jeffrey Szwez, Dusan Andrasovsky, etc.. During the lockout, Eric Condra played in Füssen.

Sorry, for being a bit off-topic...;)

Two other young German prospects could be Stefan Loibl and Andreas Eder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad