2015 NHL Draft Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
if the rumors the Jets really like Hanifin are true, does anyone think we can put together a package to get him?

Would our 2-1sts, another player (Postma) and prospect (Burmi or Petan) be enough to move up? Would likely need to get into top 6.

But, but, but...Hanifin doesn't play for the Barrie Colts.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
if the rumors the Jets really like Hanifin are true, does anyone think we can put together a package to get him?

Would our 2-1sts, another player (Postma) and prospect (Burmi or Petan) be enough to move up? Would likely need to get into top 6.

Where did you hear / see rumours that the Jets really like Hanifin?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

What rumour are you talking about? Every team in the league likes Hanifin.

Moving up that far would be expensive. I wouldn't even want to get specific. The price is ... A lot.

Ahhhh. Yes. That could pose a problem. :D

If the Jets feel he is the 3rd best prospect, he could solve an organizational need and be BPA.

We could at least a little more cheaply move up to 8th and have a good shot at Werenski who might end up being just as good.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Where did you hear / see rumours that the Jets really like Hanifin?

After reading many draft mock drafts and comments.

But it's likely true that many many teams like Hanifin as a prospect.

Question would be, what do the Jets want to get out of this draft? A few lesser prospects that add numbers but may not yield a NHL player, or a blue chip prospect that could be a prominent player on a playoff calibre team? Be it Hanifin or another prospect.

I don't think you can win a cup without special talent. The Jets don't have enough of that. I'd be in favor of packaging picks, players or prospects to get a special guy they just can't get in FA or trade.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
What rumour are you talking about? Every team in the league likes Hanifin.

Moving up that far would be expensive. I wouldn't even want to get specific. The price is ... A lot.

We could at least a little more cheaply move up to 8th and have a good shot at Werenski who might end up being just as good.

Honestly, I think Werenski will be way better than Hanifin. Always have felt this way. I'll stick to it.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Question would be, what do the Jets want to get out of this draft? A few lesser prospects that add numbers but may not yield a NHL player, or a blue chip prospect that could be a prominent player on a playoff calibre team? Be it Hanifin or another prospect.

I don't think you can win a cup without special talent. The Jets don't have enough of that. I'd be in favor of packaging picks, players or prospects to get a special guy they just can't get in FA or trade.

Huh? I haven't seen any mock drafts that would have Hanifin anywhere near the Jets. I haven't seen any comments linking the Jets to Hanifin.

I don't mind the concept of trading up for a franchise-type player. I'm just not sure it will be possible this year, and I'm also not sure that Hanifin fits that bill. Some rank him as the 2nd or even 3rd best D in this draft (after Provorov and Werenski).

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

Many are comparing this draft to 2003 in terms of depth

In 2003:
Anaheim took Perry and Getzlaf
Flyers took Carter and Richards

Michalek went 6th overall, Vanek went 5th and Zherdev went 4th.

This isn't a draft year where I'd be looking to trade up. There will be players on the board at 17 and 25, that would be top 10-12 picks many years. I'd rather roll with two of those guys than trade up for a D man - especially since D men are notoriously hard to project. Wait and see who falls into your lap,and perhaps trade up two or three spots if you think you can jump a tier.

The Jets added Armia and Lemieux a few months ago. Burmi could return add to that two high quality firsts and you are looking at five 1st round talents being added to the system within 6 months. I would be more than happy with that. Depth, especially young depth is as key as high end talent and I do think they can find high end where they are.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011

In 2003:

This isn't a draft year where I'd be looking to trade up. There will be players on the board at 17 and 25, that would be top 10-12 picks many years. I'd rather roll with two of those guys than trade up for a D man - especially since D men are notoriously hard to project. Wait and see who falls into your lap,and perhaps trade up two or three spots if you think you can jump a tier.

The Jets added Armia and Lemieux a few months ago. Burmi could return add to that two high quality firsts and you are looking at five 1st round talents being added to the system within 6 months. I would be more than happy with that. Depth, especially young depth is as key as high end talent and I do think they can find high end where they are.

Completely agree. Hanifin is the only player I think is worth trading up for, but I still wouldn't do it. I'm excited to get 2 players in top 25 and 3 players in top 47.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Huh? I haven't seen any mock drafts that would have Hanifin anywhere near the Jets. I haven't seen any comments linking the Jets to Hanifin.

I don't mind the concept of trading up for a franchise-type player. I'm just not sure it will be possible this year, and I'm also not sure that Hanifin fits that bill. Some rank him as the 2nd or even 3rd best D in this draft (after Provorov and Werenski).

Not a mock where the Jets select Hanifin, just where they like him. Here's one, however, unlikely and unrealistic.

If the rumors about the Winnipeg Jets having Noah Hanifin ranked ahead of both Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel are true then they will spend one of their two first round picks on a defenseman. I cannot see Winnipeg packaging their picks to move up in the draft.
- See more at: http://www.draftutopia.com/2015nhlmockdraftround1.html#sthash.uvcS3RNa.dpuf

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Not a mock where the Jets select Hanifin, just where they like him. Here's one, however, unlikely and unrealistic.

If the rumors about the Winnipeg Jets having Noah Hanifin ranked ahead of both Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel are true then they will spend one of their two first round picks on a defenseman. I cannot see Winnipeg packaging their picks to move up in the draft.
- See more at: http://www.draftutopia.com/2015nhlmockdraftround1.html#sthash.uvcS3RNa.dpuf

Lol that site is trash

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

In 2003:

If they can get special players at 17 and 25, sure. If they miss on these picks, but many in the top 10 hit, that wouldn't help the cup quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad