2015 NHL Draft Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Not a mock where the Jets select Hanifin, just where they like him. Here's one, however, unlikely and unrealistic.

If the rumors about the Winnipeg Jets having Noah Hanifin ranked ahead of both Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel are true then they will spend one of their two first round picks on a defenseman. I cannot see Winnipeg packaging their picks to move up in the draft.
- See more at: http://www.draftutopia.com/2015nhlmockdraftround1.html#sthash.uvcS3RNa.dpuf

When this guy mentions the Sabres would add Tyler Myers in a trade up for McDavid...kinda loses credibility.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Lol that site is trash

Sure. Not saying I'm giving it any credibility, just that its an example. :naughty:

But question still is, does Chevy target a guy higher in the draft and try to get him? I'll be curious to see. Or if they like Debrusk and Juulsen, or Larsson or Boeser, do they stand pat and select whomever is there?

Just curious to see what they do.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
When this guy mentions the Sabres would add Tyler Myers in a trade up for McDavid...kinda loses credibility.

And when he has Thomas Vanek going in the second round, and not Thomas Novak, it's a bit of a gong show, but hey, he said the Jets like Hanifin more than McDavid and Eichel, seems legit to me.

:D

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
If they can get special players at 17 and 25, sure. If they miss on these picks, but many in the top 10 hit, that wouldn't help the cup quest.

No team win the draft relative to all peers every year. It is about increasing the odds.

This is a year in which I feel more picks will mean better odds.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
No team win the draft relative to all peers every year. It is about increasing the odds.

This is a year in which I feel more picks will mean better odds.

Do you increase the odds with more picks, or a higher pick that has greater success historically? That's the question for Chevy.

2003 also yielded guys that didn't work out. For every Getlaf and Perry, there's Robert Nilsson and MA Pouliot.

If you trade Nilsson and Pouliot for Ryan Suter, that's a pretty good move, obviously. That's my question for Chevy.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
According to historic value of picks and the players CSS has ranked, the best value I think by both NHLE and PCS is between 28 and 50. If you can get multiple picks in this are you should be able to out draft the historic value of those picks (if you take the right guys)

There's about 15 players ranked between 30 and 60 that have as good of odds as picks 15-30

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Not a mock where the Jets select Hanifin, just where they like him. Here's one, however, unlikely and unrealistic.

If the rumors about the Winnipeg Jets having Noah Hanifin ranked ahead of both Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel are true then they will spend one of their two first round picks on a defenseman. I cannot see Winnipeg packaging their picks to move up in the draft.
- See more at: http://www.draftutopia.com/2015nhlmockdraftround1.html#sthash.uvcS3RNa.dpuf

Lol that site is trash

:laugh:

That is one weird site! The guy admits that he thought Ehlers was overrated last year so the Jets should draft Debrusk to replace Kane. Only a space cadet would think that the Jets would rank Hanifin above McDavid or Eichel.

Come to think of it, here's the blogger's picture....

cransom.jpg

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Between those 2 I think they got all the consensus 'anybody but him' possibilities to the Jets. They obviously think the Jets are bad at drafting.

"Hey these guys are big (the jets have a big team and play in the "Big" west). One played with Petan. That makes sense. Big American on defence? (hey, they took Trouba, who is also from America!). Perfect."

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011

That is one weird site! The guy admits that he thought Ehlers was overrated last year so the Jets should draft Debrusk to replace Kane. Only a space cadet would think that the Jets would rank Hanifin above McDavid or Eichel.

cransom.jpg

For Oilers pick at 33 mentions the Oilers selecting McDavid and Kylington...but he actually had them taking Carlo at 16.

I'm enjoying this site. LOL!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

cransom.jpg

But the space cadet gave us better players than Bleacherreports or Kyle Woodlief. By far.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
"Hey these guys are big (the jets have a big team and play in the "Big" west). One played with Petan. That makes sense. Big American on defence? (hey, they took Trouba, who is also from America!). Perfect."

That sounds about what it must have been like. :shakehead

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
if the rumors the Jets really like Hanifin are true, does anyone think we can put together a package to get him?

Would our 2-1sts, another player (Postma) and prospect (Burmi or Petan) be enough to move up? Would likely need to get into top 6.

I have been out of the loop today Bob what rumours?

whoops seems like pretty much everyone has asked you this question I should have kept reading to the end of the thread.

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Nation Network 2015 Prospect Profile

45 - Jacob Larsson
44 - Dennis Yan
43 - Yakov Trenin
42 - Roope Hintz
41 - Veeti Vaino
40 - Paul Bittner
39 - Noah Juulsen
38 - Thomas Novak
37 - Thomas Chabot
36 - Dennis Gurianov
35 - Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson
34 - Vince Dunn
33 - Brock Boeser
32 - Ryan Pilon
31 - Sebastian Aho (F)
30 - Pavel Zacha**
29 - Jakub Zboril
28 - Rasmus Andersson
27 - Filip Chlapik
26 - Joel Eriksson Ek
25 - Michael Spacek
24 - Mitchell Vande Sompel
23 - Jens Looke
22 - Jansen Harkins
21 - Jack Roslovic
20 - Travis Konecny (this surprised me)
19 - Nicolas Meloche
18 - Daniel Sprong

Reminder, the rankings are accumulation of subjective opinions, even if the subjective opinions have been shaped by objective information.
The write ups and statistical information in the articles though are very objective and interesting.
:)

** On Pavel Zacha **
For Zacha slip up (IMO it's a slip up), see post 940.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Nation Network 2015 Prospect Profile

45 - Jacob Larsson
44 - Dennis Yan
43 - Yakov Trenin
42 - Roope Hintz
41 - Veeti Vaino
40 - Paul Bittner
39 - Noah Juulsen
38 - Thomas Novak
37 - Thomas Chabot
36 - Dennis Gurianov
35 - Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson
34 - Vince Dunn
33 - Brock Boeser
32 - Ryan Pilon
31 - Sebastian Aho (F)
30 - Pavel Zacha**
29 - Jakub Zboril
28 - Rasmus Andersson
27 - Filip Chlapik
26 - Joel Eriksson Ek
25 - Michael Spacek
24 - Mitchell Vande Sompel
23 - Jens Looke
22 - Jansen Harkins
21 - Jack Roslovic
20 - Travis Konecny (this surprised me)
19 - Nicolas Meloche
18 - Daniel Sprong

Reminder, the rankings are accumulation of subjective opinions, even if the subjective opinions have been shaped by objective information.
The write ups and statistical information in the articles though are very objective and interesting.
:)

** On Pavel Zacha **
For Zacha slip up (IMO it's a slip up), see post 940.

Id be very interested to see your top 45 when the countdown finishes

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I see the nation network is nowhere near the consensus. Interesting.

It's really just Josh Weissbock, MoneyPuck, Rhys Jessop, Thomas Drance, and myself.

So you got varying opinions on statistics and how to use them, and on personal opinion.

I'd say MoneyPuck's order was most statistically derived, while Drance's were non-consensus but his own opinion derived.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
It's really just Josh Weissbock, MoneyPuck, Rhys Jessop, Thomas Drance, and myself.

So you got varying opinions on statistics and how to use them, and on personal opinion.

I'd say MoneyPuck's order was most statistically derived, while Drance's were non-consensus but his own opinion derived.

I don't believe you've ever said the top 3 you are hoping for at 17 and 25.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Conspicuous by their absence. No sign of DeBrusk, Kylington, or White.....yet? :)
Curious to see if Beauvillier makes an appearance.

If they rely on statistics a lot (they do), Kylington will be top15, and Beauvillier top20 :)

Also, post number 1099. Mods r asleep, woooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad