Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Not a Yost fan at all, however, if memory serves me correctly he was saying that Fisher would be the guy who would be dealt the summer before it happened. It was unfathomable at the time.

It wasn't so much unfathomable, there had been rumours circulating for a while that he would welcome a move to Nashville for the whole . . . shacking up with a country msuic star factor :P

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Obviously, which is why I noted that the chances of it happening are slim to none and that there's no fuel to this. This is a trade rumors and proposals thread. What's your point?

Everybody knows it fabricated like most of the stuff we see in this thread. If you don't want to discuss it just ignore it.

That we shouldn't clutter our trade rumors thread with fake rumors.

I know you didn't create/speculate anything, I wasn't directing that at you, that was unintentional on my part, apologies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I know you didn't create/speculate anything, I wasn't directing that at you, that was unintentional on my part, apologies.

It was floated out there. No one claimed it anything other than speculation. This is the thread to share things you find or hear... people can take it , leave it, speculate on it... that's what the thread is for.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
1) Lazar and Chabot don't have same value but there's also picks/other prospects mentionned that would definitely be different depending on which player is involved.

2) The Isles are in a playoff spot, but they are also going to lose Okposo this summer since they can't resign him and that's been a concern for a long time. He's appaently asking for 7M or around. Mac can help them take some of the void left by Okposo and they get a good/very good prospect in return instead of 0 return this summer. The Isles are in a playoff spot but letting go a guy like Okposo for nothing is terrible asset management for long term health of an organization.

3) This trade would be made in the event that Okposo would definitely resign here. Obviously Murray doesn't trade high quality assets for a guy that wouldn't sign here. Kinda like the Ryan deal, I'm sure mutual agreement was made that Ryan would most likely sign here when the trade was made.

I don't think there's any fuel to this rumor, but it makes more sense than you might think. Murray has been looking for another top 6 F too. Ryan has played over 50% of his career on the LW and had his best years at that position( obviously that has to do with Getz and Perry) and Hoffman plays LW. Our top 6 would be deadly.

Chances of this happening are still slight to none. I think if Mac is healthy, Isle think about a scenario like this. Mac is a 50 pts player and they have the chance to get one of the best defensive rpospects in the league while we get a near PPG player in his last 3 seasons. For what it's worth I'd take Okposo over Ryan.

All good points. But, if we were banking Okposo re-signing here and he's definitely leaving Long Island, I'd much rather wait until the summer and toss the NYI a low pick for his rights and negotiate, similar to what Colorado did with Soderberg. That to me makes more sense then trying to get him in season and having to give up some sort of package involving MacArthur and Chabot/Lazar.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It was floated out there. No one claimed it anything other than speculation. This is the thread to share things you find or hear... people can take it , leave it, speculate on it... that's what the thread is for.

I understand that, I was just commenting on the guy who floated it. My cereal has more inside knowledge than him.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Take this with a grain of salt:

Callum Fraser ‏@CallumFraser18 15m15 minutes ago
If OTT's budget next season is $58M as rumoured, with the Neil extension they have $4.77M to sign Hoff, Ceci, Wiercioch, Prince & Chiasson.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
WTF, 58 million? its going down?

we are just at 62.5 million now, and a lil over that this season with Cowen, Milo, and Greening on the roster.

The only reason it could be going down is because the USD is worth more, but its at a stalemate right now, and the CAD is starting to appreciate versus the USD. so we will still be spending less even with the currency conversation.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
WTF, 58 million? its going down?

we are just at 62.5 million now, and a lil over that this season with Cowen, Milo, and Greening on the roster.

The only reason it could be going down is because the USD is worth more, but its at a stalemate right now, and the CAD is starting to appreciate versus the USD. so we will still be spending less even with the currency conversation.

It is just a rumor at this point. I heard about it awhile ago and it came up again today.

Hopefully it isn't true, but i will be sad if it is.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

No worries my man!!

All good points. But, if we were banking Okposo re-signing here and he's definitely leaving Long Island, I'd much rather wait until the summer and toss the NYI a low pick for his rights and negotiate, similar to what Colorado did with Soderberg. That to me makes more sense then trying to get him in season and having to give up some sort of package involving MacArthur and Chabot/Lazar.

While this makes a lot of sense for us, I don't know if it does for the Isles and that's not considering that we'd have to send some long term salary the other way to make a signing happen. I guess that depends on how much they think they can make a run for the cup. IMO they won't be able to pass teams like Tampa and Washington.

I mean trading for his rights basically equals getting nothing for the Isles. Atleast if they get something valuable today they can look forward. If they don't trade him they need to resign him.

It's a tough situation for the Isles tbh.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would be very surprised if either Lazar or Chabot are traded for anyone quite frankly, I just think this organization is very high on both those players & I find it hard to believe they would trade either. IMO the only players that will be traded anytime soon are Prince, Wiercioch or Chiasson.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006

If OTT's budget next season is $58M as rumoured, with the Neil extension they have $4.77M to sign Hoff, Ceci, Wiercioch, Prince & Chiasson.

Ceci Re-signed
Hoffman Traded for picks/prospects
Drouin In to replace Hoffman

Wiercioch/Prince/Chiasson not qualified or traded.

That's the only way to hit 58M.

Actually, with the current signings we're already at 58M assuming one 700k player (Dzingel) to fill in the 12th forward spot.

So if it's truly 58 then we don't have room for Ceci either.

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
QTLpu01.png

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa

Is this rumored anywhere else? Where does he find this stuff. If this is true I'm gonna be so f-ing pissed.

Melnyk has go to go. How are we supposed to be competitive if we don't have the money to resign guys if we want to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad