Proposal: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I'm fine with trading White if Zbad keeps playing well and we sign a veteran RW in the off-season

Drouin-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zbad-Ryan
Mac-Pageau-Santorelli
Paul-Lazar-Neil

Where's Smith? :sarcasm:

That is actually a pretty good forward group. Don't know if it would contend for the cup, but it looks most definitely like a playoff team.

We just need to fix the system we use.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
There is no way for the Sens to have a 58M budget without moving salary out or trading away Hoffman. Is it possible that 58M is the Senators CAP budget, and not their actual dollar budget?

They'll have 53M on the cap already....but assuming cap friendly is correct, they'll be at 56M in salary next season, which would make a 58M cap impossible.

The Sens have three spots to fill at forward once MacArthur is back, and two to fill at D.

Ceci and Claesson fill out both those spots at D. Claesson@600k, Ceci at the absolute most optimistic cheapest would be a 2M bridge deal. Wiercioch is out, either traded, or not qualified.

At forward, Prince and Chiasson are out. For the three spots, the Senators have Puempel at 900k, and McCormick at 700k. Assuming it is a 58M cap (and not salary) budget, that leaves them almost nothing to sign Hoffman.

This probably means, they try to get Drouin to replace Hoffman, and then liquidate Hoffman in the summer for high end assets, or a young star on their ELC. I doubt they do Hoffman to Tampa for Drouin.

Also worth noting, interesting to hear a Drouin pitch called "dynamic", considering the Sabres trade opened up a contract spot for the Senators which could possibly mean that the Senators needed to open that spot just in case they needed it for a multi-player trade with Tampa......but maybe that is just looking too far into an AHL trade.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm pretty sure one of the tweets is saying we would give up Chabot or White no problem.. Maybe I'm seeing things. Wouldn't be the first time :laugh:

No that was Murray Pam who spoke to some pro scouts and they said they would trade white or chabot for drouin no questions asked

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
No that was Murray Pam who spoke to some pro scouts and they said they would trade white or chabot for drouin no questions asked

Ah ok. Thanks for clarifying that. Sometimes I read things too quickly.

I still don't know what we could give TB in exchange for Drouin without severely hurting our lineup in other areas or emptying the farm. Doesn't sound like a good match to me TBH.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa does not need another goal scoring forward, they score lots of goals as they proved again tonight scoring 6 goals. It's preventing goals that is their problem as we also saw tonight & Drouin doesn't really help the team in that capacity. In fact, he could potentially could make it worse.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ah ok. Thanks for clarifying that. Sometimes I read things too quickly.

I still don't know what we could give TB in exchange for Drouin without severely hurting our lineup in other areas or emptying the farm. Doesn't sound like a good match to me TBH.

Won't be emptying the farm. Whichever top prospect we give up will be replaced in the upcoming draft.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I'd be sooo mad if it's Hoff for Drouin.

We give up the best player and he'll be right there to terrorize us.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Ottawa does not need another goal scoring forward, they score lots of goals as they proved again tonight scoring 6 goals. It's preventing goals that is their problem as we also saw tonight & Drouin doesn't really help the team in that capacity. In fact, he could potentially could make it worse.

Good thing Drouin isn't a goal scorer then! He's a play making passer

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Hoffman for Drouin is my guess. Saves money, Tampa adds for this season. Who knows though.

We aren't moving our only legit top 6 LW for another, far less proven one.

Not happening. Also, Tampa has worse cap issues than us what makes you think they'll be able to afford Hoffman plus all their other guys.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If Tampa got Hoffman, then that would definitely scream the end of Stamkos in Tampa. No way would they be able to afford the contract of Stamkos, Hedmans new contract in next year, Hoffmans new contract and all there rfas that are going to get raises in a year or two.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Is Chabot all hype or the real deal? I hear a lot about how White is the next Patrice Bergeron but what about Chabot?

PizzaPizza12

Jul 25, 2009
Ottawa
Really? This will be 3rd time Murray has targeted a disgruntled top 3 pick in the last 5 years.

Exactly, I said rarely because it only ever happens when a contractual/organizational dispute comes up. And Murray goes after them because they could boom and won't cost a ton until 25. Like I said, this type of trade is the exact type of trade that I team like Ottawa would and should take a risk on. And clearly we have a history trying to do this kind of thing

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Is Chabot all hype or the real deal? I hear a lot about how White is the next Patrice Bergeron but what about Chabot?

Both look like the real deal. People have been calling them steals, especially White at 21. They are our top 2 prospects and only blue chippers.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
If Hoffman is dealt I'm gonna be insanely pissed off.

I'm ok with White going I think. I think he'll be a good player but there's a lot of centres in this years draft.

I dunno I'm interested to see what happens though.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Wier, 2016 1st, 2016 2nd for Drouin and 2016 1st

That could make sense as a starting point but Tampa would, I believe, have to send money back for it to work.

Our first is very likely going to yield a player that is 4 or 5 years away, we absolutely should look at packaging it in a trade for Drouin. Asking for Tampa's first in return is a great idea, wonder if they'd be interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad