Prospect Info: 2015-2016 General Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I have never seen Jordan Greenway play, or heard of him.

But holy **** this guy is going to make the NHL.

High Hockey IQ, great positioning, his compete level is unreal, he bumped off 3 canadian players, then drove the net seconds after, and won the puck.

This is the most impressive player of the entire tourney so far, fantastic!

He was drafted very raw, but he seems to have come a long ways already since.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I have never seen Jordan Greenway play, or heard of him.

But holy **** this guy is going to make the NHL.

High Hockey IQ, great positioning, his compete level is unreal, he bumped off 3 canadian players, then drove the net seconds after, and won the puck.

This is the most impressive player of the entire tourney so far, fantastic!

Wow, good to hear! Seems to have made great progress the past couple of years!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Habs fan needing some info.

How is Alex Tuch development going?
In his draft year some scouts raved about him.

Tx
He had a really good year after his draft year, but seemed to plateau a bit this past season. He was easily the best player on the ice in prospect camp... he's got an outside shot at making the NHL team this year, but most likely plays much of the year in Iowa.

One thing about him... he shoots from anywhere and everywhere, and that's something this team needs!

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
The new Clutterbuck?:naughty:

Shut your dang mouth! :laugh:

I'm not really worried about that. From what I've seen he actually has accuracy on his shot, unlike Clutterbuck. He also seems to have good hockey sense on offense, unlike Clutterbuck. He also doesn't hit as much as Clutterbuck does (did? I haven't checked his stats in a long time) but does play physically, which is good considering his size. Both players like to shoot and both are physical, but that's about where the similarities end.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
With regard to Jenys, there have been reports that Sudbury expects to have him back. They drafted an exciting prospect in Dmitry Sokolov and kept another import slot for Jenys.

Based on his performance in the AHL so far, I'd say why not keep him there, but it's uncertain at this point.

2015-16: Jenys attended his second training camp with the Wild before returning to Sudbury for his second junior season. He played 24 games with the last-place Wolves before being acquired by the Niagara IceDogs in a November trade.
Read more at http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/pavel-jenys/#4ubJJZE12ZBwujyY.99

Why would Sudbury expect him back?

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Because that post was written in July 2015, and at that time they did expect him back.

:laugh: thread doesn't get enough action

a few tournament thoughts: it was great to JEE play his game. All the positives from his pre-draft report were evident: anticipation, release, 200 foot presence, poise, leadership. Bouramman played well too, and seems to be developing in the right direction.

I love Nick Boka's game and I didn't hear why he got so little game play for USA. I think he is such a good complementary player though for a guy like McAvoy or Fox - rarely makes a mistake, has good aggression, doesn't throw the puck away. Glad Sadek got invited, shows he's on the radar, and this should be a very positive season for him. Needs a little more urgency in his game at times. Not sure I'd say Kunin or Greenway are locks, because Team USA has made some odd decisions before, but looking forward to seeing both improve as sophomores.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I was moderately impressed with Sadek. Looks thin, but might fill out?
Ek has impressive athleticism. Looked bigger and stronger the than most out there. Coyle 2.0?

Didn't notice Boka at all, but Bournamman showed good puck skills.

I don't get the hype about Greenway. He had one good game, to me.

Kunin was forgettable.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Jordan Greenway, LW (MIN): The big guy played up to his size against Canada, which is a great sign for Wild fans. Greenway had a snarl to his game that, if maintained, will make him a force to be reckoned with at the next level. Still kept his good hands, too, scoring a net-front goal on a nice passing play.

Luke Kunin, C (MIN): Kunin pretty much lived up to reputation; a do-it-all guy that has a nice, feisty edge to his game.

Joel Eriksson-Ek, LW (MIN): Man, Eriksson-Ek was a terror in Michigan. Tenacious in his own zone, predatory in the offensive end and demonstrating a great battle level overall, he was one of the best players overall. Showed quick hands for a power play goal against Canada.

The top 40 players at the National Junior Evaluation Camp

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought Strome looked mediocre, Marner not much better. Far preferredJost.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Ek has impressive athleticism. Looked bigger and stronger the than most out there. Coyle 2.0?

Kunin was forgettable.

Every team wants a guy with size like greenway who can add some offense. He should only get better too as he gets more coordinated. His puck protection was unbelievable, which is a huge asset in the Show obviously due to the small confinements.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
its terrific EK is playing well however keep in mind hes a year older than alot of these players and i still get the feeling hes more of a coyle type player than the pat sharp type center we really need. (sharp in his prime).

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
its terrific EK is playing well however keep in mind hes a year older than alot of these players and i still get the feeling hes more of a coyle type player than the pat sharp type center we really need. (sharp in his prime).

Sharp? We need a JEE to be a center like Toews or Kopitar. Hopefully he can continue his offensive game. Seems like a tenacious all around player though from the scouting reports.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
whats wrong with a 25-35G & 60-70 point center???? when was the last time we had that? ps if we want a toews we have to rebuild / tank.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

whats wrong with a 25-35G & 60-70 point center???? when was the last time we had that? ps if we want a toews we have to rebuild / tank.

Patrick Sharp is a wing and the numbers you laid out is pretty much a Toews as long as the defense is there.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed

Kunin was forgettable.

I watched the USA vs. CANADA game, and while Kunin didn't seem to stick out much, I also noticed that on more than one occasion he tried to make plays, only to have his teammate screw it up. Perhaps he does better with more talented players?

JEE, shot was amazing, and his Shoot Out winning shot was so quick I was really impressed.

Greenway is good along the boards, but needs to be a bit better without the puck and needs to get better in front of the net, but he does certainly have potential. I think 2 more years in NCAA will help him.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I watched the USA vs. CANADA game, and while Kunin didn't seem to stick out much, I also noticed that on more than one occasion he tried to make plays, only to have his teammate screw it up. Perhaps he does better with more talented players?

JEE, shot was amazing, and his Shoot Out winning shot was so quick I was really impressed.

Greenway is good along the boards, but needs to be a bit better without the puck and needs to get better in front of the net, but he does certainly have potential. I think 2 more years in NCAA will help him.

Greenway better in front the net where he scored both his goals:sarcasm:.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
plus sharp is a clutch playoff performer which we dont really have. i've seen him play center & when we orig signed cullen he (sharp) was listed as a center. my bad if hes really a LW.

Last edited:

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
plus sharp is a clutch playoff performer which we dont really have. i've seen him play center & when we orig signed cullen he (sharp) was listed as a center. my bad if hes really a LW.

Patrick Sharp has had the benefit of being on some pretty good teams in his day. He has 87 points in 142 career playoff games, and has shot 10.7%. Erik Haula has shot 13.6% - maybe he "wanted" it more?

Zach Parise has 68 points in 89 career playoff games, Jason Pominville has 50 points in 76 career playoff games (12.1% shooter).

Eric Staal, by the way, has 43 points in 48 playoff games but got 0 in 5 last season, his first action since 2009.

What "clutch" really means, we'll never know. But the Wild have some guys with playoff success.

Again, this was a short tournament, and JEE is a guy with two seasons of pro experience. He should have looked good. But I like a player who works so hard to support the puck and win the puck, and who has that kind of shooting skill. Of course he's still working on aspects of his game, but he showed a higher ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad