Prospect Info: 2015-2016 General Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I see bottom 3 for us, but the division is up in the air. Injuries will play a big part in the seeding for all the teams (as always).

Blues are the biggest question mark for me. Lose their captain (Backes), trade their 1B goalie (Elliott, bigger impact i think), and all the Shattenkirk noise.

Side note when is it the Wild's turn with Carter Hutton (Chi, Nash, and now STL)? lol

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Greenway with a goal. Nice play in front of the net.

The board play by him a Kunin during that goal sequence was nice. Kunin's whiffed twice on 1-timers now.

JEE has had his named mentioned a couple times, nothing really good or bad from him. He is wearing the C for Sweden for what that's worth.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I thought Kunin (too many missed shots) and Greenway had strong games. Both were on the PK and PP. Greenway was a beast along the boards. This line is the only one that showed up most of the 1st.

JEE's breakaway that he did nothing with stands out to me. Kunin and JEE matched up on few FO's, Kunin won most of them.

McAvoy and Tage Thompson really were the players I noticed the most, mostly good reasons.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
The board play by him a Kunin during that goal sequence was nice. Kunin's whiffed twice on 1-timers now.

JEE has had his named mentioned a couple times, nothing really good or bad from him. He is wearing the C for Sweden for what that's worth.

As a non-Wild fan I thought Eriksson Ek was on a level above every other Swedish forward this game.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
As a non-Wild fan I thought Eriksson Ek was on a level above every other Swedish forward this game.

Jens Looke had some moments as well. It was far from Sweden's A team but the pros should look better than the junior kids.

Sure it's summer hockey but Greenway looks leaner and stronger than last season. Not a complete player yet, but his creativity is an asset as well.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Jens Looke had some moments as well. It was far from Sweden's A team but the pros should look better than the junior kids.

Sure it's summer hockey but Greenway looks leaner and stronger than last season. Not a complete player yet, but his creativity is an asset as well.

I watched the game again last night, I'd learned most of the US players numbers by the end of the game the first time. Keller drives his line, Bellows benefits from that. I'm happy we drafted Kunin over him.

Marcus Davidsson for Swedan was good too: nice passing, good speed, drove the play. Late bday so draft eligible next year. A few shifts he looked like the best player on the ice. Looke's 2nd goal was impressive (1st goal was rather soft).

Maybe it's Swedan's defensive philosophy that makes me lower on JEE. He was really deep in his own zone. Playing the roll of the nonpuck side dman.

Could put this in a few different threads but I'll just dump it here:

Greenway (and Mittelstadt) cut from WJC camp; Tufte breaks wrist.

That's JD Greenway (WI recruit), not Jordan Greenway the wild pick. Puzzled me when I saw the name.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
kunin getting shots shows hes creative and gets to the right spots , cant bring your A game everyday. glad our greenway wasnt cut.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I hope JEE can develop..after watching him I am still not convinced. I'm scared that Konecny for example is going to come out of no where and be the next Fabbri type. I remember wanting Looke, but man can Greenway protect the puck so it wasn't a bad pick. Greenway could definitely develop into a stud 3rd/4th liner imo. (Edit: Added Video -- I looked up Konecny highlights afterward and now I'm scared we passed on this guy.)

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I hope JEE can develop..after watching him I am still not convinced. I'm scared that Konecny for example is going to come out of no where and be the next Fabbri type. I remember wanting Looke, but man can Greenway protect the puck so it wasn't a bad pick. Greenway could definitely develop into a stud 3rd/4th liner imo. (Edit: Added Video -- I looked up Konecny highlights afterward and now I'm scared we passed on this guy.)

I so wanted him in that draft...the kid's loaded with skill!

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I hope JEE can develop..after watching him I am still not convinced. I'm scared that Konecny for example is going to come out of no where and be the next Fabbri type. I remember wanting Looke, but man can Greenway protect the puck so it wasn't a bad pick. Greenway could definitely develop into a stud 3rd/4th liner imo.

JD Greenway is also a Maple Leaf draft pick (3rd round, 72nd, 16)

I like Greenway's game, but I'm not sure he makes it as a grinder. I think he'll need offensive zone starts and good linemates to have success.

As to your other point, Konecny, Boeser, Roslovic, Beauvillier were all not Fletch type players, just like Fabbri wasn't in 2014. Sure, it's early and both Tuch and JEE could be players, but when will this team feel like it's an ok thing to have a guy with even 80-point potential in the system?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
JD Greenway is also a Maple Leaf draft pick (3rd round, 72nd, 16)

I like Greenway's game, but I'm not sure he makes it as a grinder. I think he'll need offensive zone starts and good linemates to have success.

As to your other point, Konecny, Boeser, Roslovic, Beauvillier were all not Fletch type players, just like Fabbri wasn't in 2014. Sure, it's early and both Tuch and JEE could be players, but when will this team feel like it's an ok thing to have a guy with even 80-point potential in the system?

Isn't an 80 the new 100 for points? There have been 17 total 80+ point seasons in the last 3 years. I'd be happy with a 30 goal potential tbh.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I feel like JEE/Tuch/Kunin all have 30 goal potential.

I'd agree on Tuch and Kunin. JEE can score, but I'm not sure if he will be a big goal scorer.

JEE is a center which we definitely need so that had to have influenced the decision, but a guy like Konecny has that superstar/game changer ability. His puck skills are fantastic, but there is a reason why 23 teams or so passed on him. I just wished we took a risk on some guys like, Bjorkstrand is a prime example.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

I'd agree on Tuch and Kunin. JEE can score, but I'm not sure if he will be a big goal scorer.

JEE is a center which we definitely need so that had to have influenced the decision, but a guy like Konecny has that superstar/game changer ability. His puck skills are fantastic, but there is a reason why 23 teams or so passed on him. I just wished we took a risk on some guys like, Bjorkstrand is a prime example.

I think that Tuch and Kunin will be higher point getters in the long run but I think Ek will be right there with them when it comes to goals scored. He's got a fantastic shot.

Hindsight is 20/20.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Neither bellows nor Kunin looked like anything in the game against the Finns, who looked faster and better than the US most of the night. Krys and Brown with some poor defensive play. Boeser didn't do much for me, either.

Overall, an out of sync game by the US. Their lack of playing time together was evident.

Toivanen( sp) looked really good.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Neither bellows nor Kunin looked like anything in the game against the Finns, who looked faster and better than the US most of the night. Krys and Brown with some poor defensive play. Boeser didn't do much for me, either.

Overall, an out of sync game by the US. Their lack of playing time together was evident.

Toivanen( sp) looked really good.

Kunin had 4th line minutes, Bellows was 3/4 line minutes. Overall it looked like an eval game for the guys that didn't play much (at all) against Sweden.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ek looked good today. Big, fast, and a decent defender. Good shot, also. Didn't see great playmaking skills. Bournaman looked good, also.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I have never seen Jordan Greenway play, or heard of him.

But holy **** this guy is going to make the NHL.

High Hockey IQ, great positioning, his compete level is unreal, he bumped off 3 canadian players, then drove the net seconds after, and won the puck.

This is the most impressive player of the entire tourney so far, fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad