Prospect Info: 2015-2016 General Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I would like to think that also, but I was high on Lucia, Graovac, and Olofsson in the past. At this point it's possible NONE of them ever makes it. The jump to the AHL alone can be tough...it is a very underestimated league, IMO.

Bottom line is that I need to see those prospects dominate at their present level before I get too excited. Tuch had an average year. JEE wasn't close to dominant in Sweden. Kunin was very good at college, but nothing jaw dropping. And the NCAA is two levels below the NHL. The steam on Greenway has been due to the recent junior Tourney, where he showed well. Before that he was a longshot. Kaprisov? Who knows?

Kunin is at least 2 years away. JEE, depending on if he plays in SHL or AHL, is a year+ away. Graovac/Olofsson need to be healthy.

Folin and Graovac are the AHL guys I think might be everyday players this season for MN. Hoping Tuch found something this summer and makes it to the opening night roster.

Lucia I can see as a callup/9 game tryout when Parise inevitably gets injured. Rielly is the first dman callup.

The season really needs to start...

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Awesome. Assuming you've seen him play a decent amount, what are your thoughts on his NHL potential?

His KHL team lost 2 in a row, and the team's coach isn't happy, that Kaprizov plays for Russia U20 and not his KHL team. He's considered as one of Salavat leaders as 19 yo.

I'm sure he'll be a top6 NHL player. Yeah, he isn't big, but great skater, has soft hands and very good IQ. He kinda reminds me Granlund, but I hope he'll adapt to NHL game faster.

Just displayed a very Panarin-esque puck control behind Czech's goals, defensemen couldn't get a puck for more than 30 sec from him.

Empty-netter for Kaprizov. His 4th goal in 2 games.

Last edited:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
not exciting but heres where the wild prospects land on corey pronmans top 120 list. #43 kaprizov; #46 kunin; #49 JEE; #119 tuch! wow no luv.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
not exciting but heres where the wild prospects land on corey pronmans top 120 list. #43 kaprizov; #46 kunin; #49 JEE; #119 tuch! wow no luv.

JEE and Tuch really didn't light up the world last year stats wise. Don't think any of our prospects are no doubt 1st line players.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Eriksson Ek was best junior scorer for his age group in the SHL.

True, but that's without context. For instance, Asplund did nearly as well offensively on the same team and is a year younger (though I like that much more of Ek's were actual goals).

I honestly am surprised both to see Tuch and Ek so low, and to see Kaprizov so high. I think Tuch is as close as you can get to a sure-fire top 6 RW prospect, and I think he's got a decent chance to be a first liner, but if Pronman is going off of stats, Tuch's left some to be desired last year. I like Kaprizov, but I think he's far less of a sure thing, and I'm not sure his ceiling is higher (because I haven't seen him play outside of highlights). The only reason to put him over Tuch is if you're going purely off of stats, so that must be what Pronman did. If that is what he did, I would take his rankings with a grain of salt.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
True, but that's without context. For instance, Asplund did nearly as well offensively on the same team and is a year younger (though I like that much more of Ek's were actual goals).

I honestly am surprised both to see Tuch and Ek so low, and to see Kaprizov so high. I think Tuch is as close as you can get to a sure-fire top 6 RW prospect, and I think he's got a decent chance to be a first liner, but if Pronman is going off of stats, Tuch's left some to be desired last year. I like Kaprizov, but I think he's far less of a sure thing, and I'm not sure his ceiling is higher (because I haven't seen him play outside of highlights). The only reason to put him over Tuch is if you're going purely off of stats, so that must be what Pronman did. If that is what he did, I would take his rankings with a grain of salt.

Kaprizov is also definitely more skilled than Tuch. That's another reason why he is higher.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Tuch has that scoring touch and swagger to his game that compared to someone like coyle for example lacks. Coyle seems to be passive when he knows someone like parise is on the ice with him. I believe tuch has more confidence he can be the guy to score but also has those physical tools charlie possess and not be a passive player when big names are sharing the ice with him. Even tho this is speculation cause we have not had a chance to see that situation yet, that is just the type of vibe i personally have got so far. Top 9 for sure imo, but would hope he can be more of a top 6 big bodied scorer like wheeler for example.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
And Burmistrov is more skilled than Blake Wheeler. That doesn't make him a better player, at least not in the NHL.

Burmistrov's last KHL season: 10+16 in 53 gp
Kaprizov's last KHL season: 11+16 in 53 gp

One was 24, the other was 18. Funny numbers, aren't they? Kaprizov is already a better player, than Burmistrov will ever be.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Burmistrov's last KHL season: 10+16 in 53 gp
Kaprizov's last KHL season: 11+16 in 53 gp

One was 24, the other was 18. Funny numbers, aren't they? Kaprizov is already a better player, than Burmistrov will ever be.

Kaprizov's KHL numbers at the tender age of 18 show that he is legit. I think I haven't been this excited about a Wild prospect since Granlund. Can't wait for Kirill the Thrill to come up and do his thing on the Wild!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Perhaps if Coyle had a different coach than Yeo he would have more of a scoring slant to his game. I think it was stressed to him how important two way play was, and the team culture gave such precedence to vets such as Parise, Poms, Koivu, Etc. is it any wonder that Coyle is a hesitant offensive player?

I love defence, but forwards with the tools to score need to be nurtured and encouraged to do so. I believe Coyle has the tools to be a scorer...maybe not a top 10 guy, but top 60, anyway.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Perhaps if Coyle had a different coach than Yeo he would have more of a scoring slant to his game. I think it was stressed to him how important two way play was, and the team culture gave such precedence to vets such as Parise, Poms, Koivu, Etc. is it any wonder that Coyle is a hesitant offensive player?

I love defence, but forwards with the tools to score need to be nurtured and encouraged to do so. I believe Coyle has the tools to be a scorer...maybe not a top 10 guy, but top 60, anyway.

He really doesn't have track record of scoring.

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
He really doesn't have track record of scoring.

Coyle? He did score 21 goals and 42 pts last year in the NHL. His most impressive scoring stats are probably 34 pts in 17 games of the Q playoffs as an overager.

Whatever, Coyle still has a year or two to blossom into his full potential. He'll be a good to great deal until he reaches free agency unless he nose dives.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Coyle? He did score 21 goals and 42 pts last year in the NHL. His most impressive scoring stats are probably 34 pts in 17 games of the Q playoffs as an overager.

Whatever, Coyle still has a year or two to blossom into his full potential. He'll be a good to great deal until he reaches free agency unless he nose dives.

I know I'm just saying other than that he really doesn't have a track record of scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad