Prospect Info: 2015-16 Rangers Prospects Thread Part II (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 2.19.16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
That was 9 years ago for me. :help: Do you really think 20 is old?

No, just pointing out that we all have different little things that remind us of our age.

When I was 17, MacKinnon won the Calder, playing at least part of the season as a 17 year old. That was a pretty big deal for me.

29 isn't old either.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
When I was 17, Vanbiesbrouck was in his first year as a starting goaltender, Mike Ridley and Reijo Ruotselainen were our scoring leaders and Montreal beat us 4-1 in the conference finals.

Edit: AND we drafted Brian Leetch in the first round.

Last edited:

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
My draft year they were using horse and buggy as the zamboni.

Mike Modano was the 1st pick. Looking back there were some tough customers drafted that year, wow. Domi, Gaetz, Kimble, Ray, Vial, Twist,

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
My draft year, and 3 weeks after my birthday, the Rangers selected Hugh Jessiman...happy ****ing birthday to me.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
My draft year the Rangers took Stefan Cherneski. His career still breaks my heart.

Though ironically enough, I was already in college because I'm an October birthday. I believe I was still interning with the Rangers at that point - I don't think I'd gone over there full-time.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
My draft year--the NHL didn't draft 18 year olds. They drafted 20 year olds. The Rangers took Ron Duguay and Lucien Deblois in the first round. Duguay is like 3 months older than I am.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Niklas Sundstrom was my draft year. Daigle 1st overall. Unless Jagr comes back, MSL will be the last Ranger older than me.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
My draft year the rangers selected Brady skjei...
I'm still a free agent. Rhd d man with size.

I am a 31-year old winger who is a mix between St. Louis and Glass. Undrafted in 2003.

I have the goal-scoring and skating ability of Glass with the the physicality of St. Louis

darko

Feb 16, 2009
My draft year the Rangers traded their 1st rounder to Tampa. Tampa took Nikita Alexeev. Rangers also traded away their 2nd rounder to Detroit who took Tomas Kopecky. Rangers also traded their 3rd round pick to Chicago who took Igor Radulov. They did get Detroit's 3rd rounder and selected Dominic Moore.

DiPietro, Heatley, Gaborik, Hartnell were all in that class. Isles should've drafted me over DiPietro. They would've saved lot of money by doing that. Even though I can't skate for ****.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
My draft year the Rangers traded their 1st rounder to Tampa. Tampa took Nikita Alexeev. Rangers also traded away their 2nd rounder to Detroit who took Tomas Kopecky. Rangers also traded their 3rd round pick to Chicago who took Igor Radulov. They did get Detroit's 3rd rounder and selected Dominic Moore.

DiPietro, Heatley, Gaborik, Hartnell were all in that class. Isles should've drafted me over DiPietro. They would've saved lot of money by doing that. Even though I can't skate for ****.

Rangers drafted Hank in 2000.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
No, just pointing out that we all have different little things that remind us of our age.

When I was 17, MacKinnon won the Calder, playing at least part of the season as a 17 year old. That was a pretty big deal for me.

29 isn't old either.

It's not old. It's just not a kid anymore. :laugh: When I felt like time was passing by quickly or like I was old, for a decade I was able to say "well at least I'm still in my 20s", 5 months from now I won't be able to say that. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad