Prospect Info: 2015-16 Rangers Prospects Thread Part II (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 2.19.16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
who makes it, and who doesn't, is so unpredictable
player development isn't always a straight line

Iverson is a 20 year old, with size, who's put in 4 years as a WHL regular,
and who Gordie's team saw enough in to pick in 3d round

i respect everyone's right to their opinions, but I don't think we can really know this yet: "he's extremely unlikely to have what it takes to make the NHL"

They picked him in the third round only to watch his progress stagnate and his production to drop year over year. There's no one more patient than I when it comes to evaluating prospects, but I don't see anything there with Iverson at this point other than size (which he doesn't even use consistently).

When you fall into the third round, you're already a long shot to make it. When you fall into the third round and then stagnate or outright regress over the next few years? It does not augur well for his future chances as a pro. He could be a late bloomer for sure, but the odds are strongly against him at this point.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I was really excited when the Rangers drafted Iverson. I thought he would go a little later, but I thought it was a good pick at that spot. However, I agree with nyr2k2 that his development hasn't been strong since he was drafted. There have been some setbacks such as injuries and suspensions, as well as the fact that he's had problems breaking into what have been strong Portland teams to date, but he looks very much the same player I saw as a 17 year old.

Not going to write him off, but it's looking a bit bleak for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad