2015-16 AHL affiliate - San Diego Gulls: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Hate that the Gulls are out, but advancing to the 2nd round of the playoffs in your first season is nothing to be too upset about.

It was nice to see considering how ****** AHL teams usually do under Murray.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Idk about you guys but I follow the Gulls fan page on Facebook and I love the Gulls, but I really hate a lot of their fans. They always have to mention attendance and compare themselves to the Reign and be all high and mighty, and then they bash Reign fans for wearing Kings jerseys... Yet they started a Beat LA chant?

I mean it's great the Gulls have good attendance, but come on Gulls beat the Reign by 105 people per game, not that much.

Also, I don't have a Gulls jersey yet but I sure as hell will wear my Ducks jersey when I go to a game, does that make me less of a Gulls fan?

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Idk about you guys but I follow the Gulls fan page on Facebook and I love the Gulls, but I really hate a lot of their fans. They always have to mention attendance and compare themselves to the Reign and be all high and mighty, and then they bash Reign fans for wearing Kings jerseys... Yet they started a Beat LA chant?

I mean it's great the Gulls have good attendance, but come on Gulls beat the Reign by 105 people per game, not that much.

Also, I don't have a Gulls jersey yet but I sure as hell will wear my Ducks jersey when I go to a game, does that make me less of a Gulls fan?

Don't worry about what people say on facebook, people say stupid stuff everywhere.

Wear any jersey you want, and Ducks jerseys are perfectly fine. I've worn mine, and I've seen plenty of others, and you're still supporting the Gulls via association. I mean, technically the Gulls are Ducks (Samueli) property.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013

Have you seen the ducks Facebook page? Or any other teams?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I think you have to respect anyone who's going to be a dedicated fan of a farm team (in any sport). It's gotta be hard knowing that you're going to lose your best players at any moment.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Have you seen the ducks Facebook page? Or any other teams?

I've seen the comments and yeah they can be stupid at times, but idk this fan FB group just seems like they all are like that. Just something about them all put me off compared to the other things I'm a part of such as DucksNPucks page comments, or HF, or Reddit. Those all seem reasonable, but this one...

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I think you have to respect anyone who's going to be a dedicated fan of a farm team (in any sport). It's gotta be hard knowing that you're going to lose your best players at any moment.

I have huge respect for the die hard ones especially the main two who put on all their events.

TonyAndrock

Oct 26, 2013
I compiled lists for all the AHL Western Conference teams in terms of who's under contract for next season and all the free agents. They can be found here: http://highlandparkhockey.blogspot.com/2016/06/offseason-guide-part-2-ahl-free-agents.html

Any corrections I need to make with San Diego's list?

San Diego Gulls (Anaheim Ducks)

Under Contract

Forwards: Kenton Helgesen, Ondrej Kase, Nicolas Kerdiles, Kale Kossila, Julius Nattinen, Nick Ritchie, Kevin Roy, Nick Sorensen

Defensemen: Jacob Larsson, Jaycob Megna, Brandon Montour, Marcus Pettersson, Shea Theodore, Keaton Thompson and Andy Welinski

Goaltenders: Kevin Boyle and Matt Hackett

Impending Free Agents

NHL UFA: goaltender Anton Khudobin, defensemen Shane O'Brien and Joe Piskula and forwards Brian McGrattan, Chris Mueller and Harry Zolnierczyk

NHL RFA: goaltender Dustin Tokarski, defensemen Kevin Gagne and Andrew O'Brien and forwards Matt Bailey, Joseph Cramarossa, Stefan Noesen, Charlie Sarault, Michael Sgarbossa and Corey Tropp

AHL UFA: goaltender Ryan Faragher, defensemen Stu Bickel and Eric Knodel and forwards Matt Berry, Antoine Laganiere, Kyle MacKinnon, Bryan Moore, Kenny Ryan

Last edited:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Apparently AEG has proposed the construction of a new arena in San Diego, to replace the VVCC. Planned capacity of 18,000 seats.

Link here

pesko

Sep 14, 2004

That second thing is a bit weird, but I kinda like it. I miss the light home jerseys.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
^^ I bet some of our players contributed to the creation of those new fighting rules... :D

Yeah, the home jersey thing is very strange. Meant to allow more creativity in jersey designs? :dunno:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I know it's the AHL, but it would have been nice to hear this news before the Boll signing. If this makes it to the NHL next year, he's even more useless.

The jersey thing is asinine.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I know it's the AHL, but it would have been nice to hear this news before the Boll signing. If this makes it to the NHL next year, he's even more useless.

The jersey thing is asinine.

Gotta think teams knew this was coming sometime before the official announcement. Given that Henry owns the Gulls I can't imagine we didn't know.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Let's be honest, teams get a free TO after every icing anyway given how long they take to get back into the dot for the face off.

They'd be much better enforcing a set number of seconds until the faceoff has to be taken then a no TO rule IMO.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Let's be honest, teams get a free TO after every icing anyway given how long they take to get back into the dot for the face off.

They'd be much better enforcing a set number of seconds until the faceoff has to be taken then a no TO rule IMO.

The NHLOA couldn't bring themselves to enforce the 18 second rule, what with having the toughest officiating job in sports and whatnot.

tazer

Jul 25, 2016
California
My private hockey coach works with the Gulls, and I personally do not like the Gulls. I love hockey and I live in a place where some of the worst NHL teams lay. What luck

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
My private hockey coach works with the Gulls, and I personally do not like the Gulls. I love hockey and I live in a place where some of the worst NHL teams lay. What luck

You live in Western Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad