Denmark: 2014 World Championship Thread

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Goodbye Overmark, Christensen and Bruggisser! Hello Philip an Oliver. Strong blue line! We're a little shallow down the middle but perhaps Jesper Jensen will make that go away. Very optimistic! Bring on Norway!

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Yeah, we're thin down the middle. Imagine what Frans, Eller and Regin would do for this team... With Andersen we should aim for medals.. but anyway . back to reality..

Our D is the strongest ever, our wings look very good.. three NHL'ers.

Norway's team look very weak on paper, and Slovakia are not scary as well..

Our goal should be QF. But I hope he starts Galbraith and not Nielsen..

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Yeah, we're thin down the middle. Imagine what Frans, Eller and Regin would do for this team... With Andersen we should aim for medals.. but anyway . back to reality..

Our D is the strongest ever, our wings look very good.. three NHL'ers.

Norway's team look very weak on paper, and Slovakia are not scary as well..

Our goal should be QF. But I hope he starts Galbraith and not Nielsen..

If we start Nielsen in the first game, Im going to throw a fit. He has had a terrible season, and Galbraith is in great shape. I don't get why Nielsen has been getting so many games.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Wow...you actually got to see the game? I could not find any links

I did, and now im sorry I did... It made me very scared of goaltending....

I know we are looking at a better D and O at the worlds, let's hope they can keep enough away from goal, because they have all looked a bit shaky imo.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I did, and now im sorry I did... It made me very scared of goaltending....

I know we are looking at a better D and O at the worlds, let's hope they can keep enough away from goal, because they have all looked a bit shaky imo.

That's it. Im moving to Canada. How the hell can you get more of our games than we do? Have they just removed all other content from TV over there and replaced it with Hockey?

The stats sat that m. Bødker scored....that can't be true? Has he already joined up or is he so good that he can score all the way from na?

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
That's it. Im moving to Canada. How the hell can you get more of our games than we do? Have they just removed all other content from TV over there and replaced it with Hockey?

The stats sat that m. Bødker scored....that can't be true? Has he already joined up or is he so good that he can score all the way from na?

I live in DK atm. I just got lucky with a link. Although lucky is saying alot. Link was horrible.

No Boedker wasn't even in the game. Only Nicklas Jensen from the NHL played.
Markus Lauridsen also played.

Jensen scored and Brugisser scored.

DK Rookie

May 9, 2013
Rasmus Nielsen, Anders Overmark, Jannick Christensen and Lasse Lassen the odd men out.

So something along:

Mikkel Bødker - Morten Green - Nicklas Jensen
Mads Christensen - Morten Madsen - Jannik Hansen
Frederik Storm - Jesper Jensen - Patrick Bjorkstrand
Morten H. Poulsen - Julian Jakobsen - Kim Staal (or Thomas Spelling?)

Oliver Lauridsen - Philip Larsen
Jesper B. Jensen - Emil Kristensen
Stefan Lassen - Markus Lauridsen
+ Phillip Bruggisser

Patrick Galbraith
Simon Nielsen

With Dahm + one of Anders Poulsen and Staal/Spelling left out to start with, to keep a door open for Andersen/Regin/Eller? (If they can't bring Lord Stanley home to Denmark!)

Galbraith needs to play well, but he's a decent goalie and have done the job before so I'm cautiously optimistic! Don't get this idea that QF is the target - overrating the danish team and underrating the Slovaks if that's the expectation. Let's wait and see a few games into this thing before raising the expectations!

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Definitely not on board with the people saying qf is the target..

I would say beating France, Italy and not getting manhandled by Norway should be targets though.

From the game.

Last edited:

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
A little strange that we only bring 7 D, with no more possible additions. What if somebody get injured?

I posted a "roster talk denmark" on the "international forum" - we were the only country left without a thread :)

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Oliver Lauridsen - Philip Larsen
Jesper B. Jensen - Emil Kristensen
Stefan Lassen - Markus Lauridsen
+ Phillip Bruggisser

I would try and play our D something like:

Larsen - 27 min/pg
Oliver - 25 min/pg
Jensen - 25 min/pg
Lassen - 15 min/pg
Markus - 15 min/pg
Kristensen 13 min/pg

Bruggisser only plays if somebody else gets injured.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
A little strange that we only bring 7 D, with no more possible additions. What if somebody get injured?

I posted a "roster talk denmark" on the "international forum" - we were the only country left without a thread :)

There's only 24 names. 25 is allowed. So a 8th D-man could be recalled. Besides you don't have to register players until you plan on playing them. So Anders Poulsen could be in Minsk without be registered until the day it's necessary - so I think there's some extra wiggle room there. Plenty of room to call in Rasmus Nielsen or whoever if there's a injury.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So fortunate that both Philip Larsen and Oliver Lauridsen could attend. Now we have a really decent defense. Really surprised that Brugisser got the 7'th spot, but he must have shown something.
Very likely that Rasmus Nielsen will be a possible 8'th d-man called if needed.

So only Daniel Nielsen and Mads Bødker away from the possible optimum top-7.

As many people know my preferences for small d-man + big d-man, when playing very strong teams: I would settle for this.

Larsen - O. Lauridsen
Jensen - M. Lauridsen
Kristensen - Lassen
Brugisser

As pointed out before I agree we are quiet lightweight on the center position, but with good wings.
So beside the third line where Jesper Jensen gets some power with Storm and Bjørkstrand, its really a puzzle how to create the other lines.
Question is if Morten Madsen plays wing or center. I mean you can put Morten Madsen anywhere on the roster. If not as center Anders Poulsen will move in as 4'th center.

I would think that maybe 1'st line Bødker - Green - N. Jensen (of the centers maybe Green and Nicklas Jensen will fit the best?).
Second line Madsen/Christensen - Madsen/Jakobsen - Hansen
Third line: Storm - J.Jensen - Bjørkstrand
Fourth line M. Poulsen/Madsen - Jakobsen/A.Poulsen/Madsen - Staal/Spelling

yeah - Im really undecided with Madsen.
But if I had to make a decision maybe as 2'nd center: Christensen - Madsen - Hansen.
Then fourth line I would start with M. Poulsen - Jakobsen - Staal (these guys are all hard workers).

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
So fortunate that both Philip Larsen and Oliver Lauridsen could attend. Now we have a really decent defense. Really surprised that Brugisser got the 7'th spot, but he must have shown something.
Very likely that Rasmus Nielsen will be a possible 8'th d-man called if needed.

So only Daniel Nielsen and Mads Bødker away from the possible optimum top-7.

As many people know my preferences for small d-man + big d-man, when playing very strong teams: I would settle for this.

Larsen - O. Lauridsen
Jensen - M. Lauridsen
Kristensen - Lassen
Brugisser .

I don't see who D Nielsen replace in the top 7?

My order would be:

Larsen
Oliver
Jensen
Markus
Kristensen
Lassen
Bødker
D. Nielsen
R. Nielsen
Brugisser

Bødker could move 2 spots up, but we don't know his level, because he didn't play for long time. Unfortunately it seems like Lassen is past his prime, but it would be nice if he improved again.

But look at the age of our D! It's ridicoulous: 21, 22, 22, 23, 24, 25, 28. Good for the future - a shame we don't have more high end D prospects. We have quite a few promising forward prospects (maybe lacking a C, but still), but if Oliver and Larsen don't show up, we are screwed on D.

I'm not sure I like the idea of Lassen and Kristensen on the same pairing though - that's gonna be very vulnerable against the good teams. Maybe:

Larsen - Oliver
Jensen - Kristensen
Markus - Lassen

?

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
As pointed out before I agree we are quiet lightweight on the center position, but with good wings.

If we just had 1 of Frans/Eller/Regin the lines would pretty much be given with Green, Jensen, Jakobsen as 2-4, but now it's a puzzle as you say.

yeah - Im really undecided with Madsen.
But if I had to make a decision maybe as 2'nd center: Christensen - Madsen - Hansen.
Then fourth line I would start with M. Poulsen - Jakobsen - Staal (these guys are all hard workers).

I'm not comfortable with Madsen as 2. C. I think I would break up the succesfull line with J. Jensen, and go with:

Bjørkstrand - Jensen - Hansen

as 2. line.

The 3. would then be

Storm - Jakobsen/Madsen - Christensen

and 4.

M. Poulsen - Madsen/Jakobsen - Spelling/Staal

The main argument is the Jensen is at least the 2. best C offensively if not the best. Hansen could cover for him on the D, and we would have 2 good scoring lines.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
If we just had 1 of Frans/Eller/Regin the lines would pretty much be given with Green, Jensen, Jakobsen as 2-4, but now it's a puzzle as you say.

I'm not comfortable with Madsen as 2. C. I think I would break up the succesfull line with J. Jensen, and go with:

Bjørkstrand - Jensen - Hansen

as 2. line.

The 3. would then be

Storm - Jakobsen/Madsen - Christensen

and 4.

M. Poulsen - Madsen/Jakobsen - Spelling/Staal

The main argument is the Jensen is at least the 2. best C offensively if not the best. Hansen could cover for him on the D, and we would have 2 good scoring lines.

I have to say I really don't get that. Let's have a 5-6 week training camp and a bunch of test games and then separate our best line when the nhl players come? I think they need to play together..at least at the beginning. We need scoring from the secondary lines and this line scores. Didn't storm And bjorkstrand play together last year at the wc

Dymitr

May 4, 2014
Minsk, Belarus
Hi! Your team very interesting and has good potential. Danish hockey is on the increase now, I hope you will have great result on world championship.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Hi! Your team very interesting and has good potential. Danish hockey is on the increase now, I hope you will have great result on world championship.

Many thanks for the nice greeting. We look forward to seeing your country hosting a great tournament. Look like you are really going to put on a impressive display. Your team looks nice as well. A ton of KHLers is great to have as a core.

Hope you do well. All non swedish hockey fans will always remember your 2002 upset with fond memories. not because of hate for sweden but for the joy of a true upset at such a stage.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Brugisser will play next year in Allsvenskan for Almtuna - a team that ended up in no mans land this year. The coach describes him as:

"... a two-way D with a good shot. He's solid with the puck and used to PP-duties. He's got a good attitude..."

So that's one promotion to a WC-player from Denmark :)

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Brugisser will play next year in Allsvenskan for Almtuna - a team that ended up in no mans land this year. The coach describes him as:

"... a two-way D with a good shot. He's solid with the puck and used to PP-duties. He's got a good attitude..."

So that's one promotion to a WC-player from Denmark :)

and anders poulsen also to allsvenskan...

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Lines from practice without Hansen

Mikkel Bødker, Morten Madsen og Thomas Spelling.

Mads Christensen, Morten Green og Morten Poulsen.

Frederik Storm, Jesper Jensen og Patrick Bjorkstrand.

Nicklas Jensen, Julian Jakobsen og Kim Staal.

I Guess Hansen will take spellings or staals spot.

I like these lines a lot

two interesting articles. in danish:

http://www.bt.dk/ishockey/danmarks-bedste-back-var-taet-paa-vm-afbud

http://www.bt.dk/ishockey/foer-vm-starten-hvem-skal-jannik-hansen-spille-sammen-med

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad