Denmark: 2014 World Championship Thread

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Lines from practice without Hansen

Mikkel Bødker, Morten Madsen og Thomas Spelling.

Mads Christensen, Morten Green og Morten Poulsen.

Frederik Storm, Jesper Jensen og Patrick Bjorkstrand.

Nicklas Jensen, Julian Jakobsen og Kim Staal.

I Guess Hansen will take spellings or staals spot.

I like these lines a lot

two interesting articles. in danish:

http://www.bt.dk/ishockey/danmarks-bedste-back-var-taet-paa-vm-afbud

http://www.bt.dk/ishockey/foer-vm-starten-hvem-skal-jannik-hansen-spille-sammen-med

Now we're getting close.

In class today a Bødker-Madsen-Hansen line was brought up so I'm gonna go with Spelling being the odd guy out. Looks like a four line team. Gonna be interested to see if all lines are just equal or we're gonna match lines. And how the D-pairings are gonna be. Let's go already! :handclap:

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Now we're getting close.

In class today a Bødker-Madsen-Hansen line was brought up so I'm gonna go with Spelling being the odd guy out. Looks like a four line team. Gonna be interested to see if all lines are just equal or we're gonna match lines. And how the D-pairings are gonna be. Let's go already! :handclap:

I like the idea of spreading our firepower out. Some of us were highly critical of Backman when he used Eller as winger two years ago. That was a disaster to put all our eggs in one basket.

This approach is of course no guarentee for succes , but if it fails then the coach can always top the lines, which he will probably di in pp anyways..

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Wow, a little surprised but pleasantly, to see us go spread out on four lines. I concur with the others..I really like those lines

If we presume that spelling is the man out, then we have a a line with a great scoring threat in Bødker, a versatile madsen..but not exactly our best center this year, and then Hansen who can score when needed, is tough and will love the checking system.

Then an experienced "Euro" line...again with goals in them. Good mix

Then the chemistry line from the friendlies and lastly a line with two hard workers who can score and a real goal scorer.

I like those lines!

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Team Denmark Game Schedule

All times are shown as local time (GMT+3).
Date Time Opponent Result
May 10th 16.45 Sweden ViasatSport1
May 11th 16.45 Norway Tv3Puls
May 13th 16.45 Italy ViasatSport1
May 15th 16.45 Canada ViasatSport1
May 17th 16.45 Czech Rep. ViasatSport1
May 19th 16.45 France ViasatSport1
May 20th 16.45 Slovakia ViasatSport1

http://www.mediakits.dk/2014/default.aspx official wc site

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Bødker - Madsen - Hansen

Nicklas Jensen, Vancouver Canucks, Julian Jakobsen, Hamburg Freezers, og Kim Staal, Starbulls Rosenheim.

Frederik Storm, Malmö Redhawks, Jesper Jensen, Karlskrona, og Patrick Bjorkstrand, Medvescak Zagreb.

Mads Christensen, Eisbären Berlin, Morten Green, Schwenninger Wild Wings, og Morten Poulsen, Oskarshamn.

Philip Larsen, Edmonton Oilers, og Stefan Lassen, Graz 99ers,

Oliver Lauridsen, Philadelphia Flyers, og Emil Kristensen, Oskarshamn,

Jesper B. Jensen, Rögle, og Markus Lauridsen, Lake Erie Monsters.

7. back: Phillip Bruggisser, Kristianstad.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
It looks like only three medias will be in Minsk besides the Viasat production crew: Ekstra Bladet, BT and Ritzau. And the Norway-game is gonna get 5 minutes pre-game. On a channel that usually fill the first 5 minutes of a show with commercials. Hockey is close to the second biggest in terms of attendance. I think the first sports editor to take hockey seriously will find a pretty hefty reward. And I don't think sending Peter Fredberg is taking it seriously.

Btw. OP updated with expected line-ups for Denmark and Sweden...

talenttracer

Nov 7, 2007
Viaplay

It looks like only three medias will be in Minsk besides the Viasat production crew: Ekstra Bladet, BT and Ritzau. And the Norway-game is gonna get 5 minutes pre-game. On a channel that usually fill the first 5 minutes of a show with commercials. Hockey is close to the second biggest in terms of attendance. I think the first sports editor to take hockey seriously will find a pretty hefty reward. And I don't think sending Peter Fredberg is taking it seriously.

Btw. OP updated with expected line-ups for Denmark and Sweden...

If you buy Viaplay for one month ( ca. 240 kr) you can watch all of Denmarks games, some of the other WC games, and all the rest of the NHL games (Might take 2 months pay). it is pretty easy, and most importent, there is no fooling around, when you cancel your membership.

http://viaplay.dk/sport

I no it is a little of topic, but it looks like they have a 1,5 hour pregame hockeytalk galore.

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Slightly different than expected. The staal line looks nice. Good line mates for Jensen....
There are goals and experience in every line.
Back pairing makes sense. Very excited to see Ollie and kristensen. Youth power.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
If you buy Viaplay for one month ( ca. 240 kr) you can watch all of Denmarks games, some of the other WC games, and all the rest of the NHL games (Might take 2 months pay). it is pretty easy, and most importent, there is no fooling around, when you cancel your membership.

I can only highly recommend this. Great service and their android app works perfectly

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark

Yeah thanks I'm good on that front :) I'm just surprised that there IMO is a very skewed relationship between the amount of attendances at hockey games in Denmark, the ideals and thoughts of sustainability within the media world and the actual media coverage.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So according to BT: Morten Madsen ends up playing center as I had expected, but on the first line.
It seems somewhat strange (according to the BT article: http://www.bt.dk/ishockey/staerk-vm-trumf-dansk-foerstekaede-med-805-kampe-og-123-maal-i-nhl) to have Nicklas Jensen as LW and Kim Staal as right wing - so maybe its the other way around?

Centers: 1) Morten Madsen - 2) Julian Jakobsen - 3) Jesper Jensen - 4) Morten Green
Center reserve: Anders Poulsen.
Left wings: 1) Mikkel Bødker - 2) Kim Staal - 3) Frederik Storm - 4) Mads Christensen
Right wings: 1) Jannik Hansen- 2) Nicklas Jensen - 3) Patrick Bjørkstrand - 4) Morten Poulsen
Wing reserve: Thomas Spelling

Defense is balanced with 1 small/ 1 large d-man just in another combination than I thought, but probably also from the idea to play all three pairs fairly equally.
1) Philip Larsen - Stefan Lassen
2) Emil Kristensen - Oliver Lauridsen
3) Jesper B. Jensen - Markus Lauridsen
4) Phillip Brugisser.

So interesting combinations. Now we just have to see if it works.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen

I have always been wondering about the accuracy of the Danish TV ratings for hockey in particular. I don't know if this is still the case, but it used to be that all TV-Meter homes - from which the TV Ratings are extrapolated - were located in Valby. Given the insular nature of the hockey interest in Denmark - to the point where it is the leading sport in many of the cities with an Elite League team and almost completely ignored only a couple of km's away - TV ratings could easily be quite misleading when it measures the lack of interest in Valby, but fails to take the heightened interest in neighbouring Rødovre into account. I am sure the TV Rating number crunchers have ways to adjust for various demographics, but I doubt hockey interest is very high on their list of things to adjust for.

Another simple thing that could be done to help in this respect, is to make sure all TV games are played at different time slots than the rest of the league games. It doesn't help the slumping TV ratings that a large portion of your potential audience is attending games at other rinks when the game is on TV.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
In the WHL Edmonton have turned the series from 0-2 to 3-2 with a 3-2 victory.
Both O. Bjørkstrand and M. Eller with 1 assist.

That means that Oliver Bjørkstrand could be able to play at the WC (depending probably on how it goes for Lars Eller in Montreal). But could be room for both of them on the roster.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
In the WHL Edmonton have turned the series from 0-2 to 3-2 with a 3-2 victory.
Both O. Bjørkstrand and M. Eller with 1 assist.

That means that Oliver Bjørkstrand could be able to play at the WC (depending probably on how it goes for Lars Eller in Montreal). But could be room for both of them on the roster.

We need all we can get at this point

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
We need all we can get at this point

We also need people that are not over the hill. Staal needs to go in my opinion. He can get a assistant role on the coaching staff if he is so much needed, but that should be it.
He could take Green in the hand and walk him to the exit also.

Call in reinforcements from NA as soon as 2nd round has been determined and get 3 people. Ehlers should have been here a long time ago, but to late to do anything about that now. Hoping for Ehlers, Regin and Eller, but Bjorkstrand instead of Ehlers could also work. Dont know how much of a playmaker Bjorkstrand is, but we need all with especially that feature.

4 freaking grinder centers is what we have.....how is that supposed to work when we have quality snipers on their sides??

Edit: Yes I know that both Jesper Jensen and Morten Madsen are more than just grinders, but they are certainly not showing it.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Guess I dont Sound so pessimistic now after saying we were in severe danger of relegation. Id still put money on it.

robwangjing

Jul 10, 2013
Beijing
Cheer up people, I am still confident that Denmark will stay in the A-WC next year. Remember you have only played Sweden(a game you should not win) and Norway(you never win for some reason). So it's "normal" condition so far into the tournament.

I still believe that both Denmark and Norway will beat Italy and France. I give you my left hand. :nod:

And I sure hope so. I really want Denmark to stay in the top group. And Norway too.

Italy (win)
Canada (lose)
Czech Rep. (lose, but it could be tight if you keep to your game)
France (win)
Slovakia (tight game like Norway)

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Cheer up people, I am still confident that Denmark will stay in the A-WC next year. Remember you have only played Sweden(a game you should not win) and Norway(you never win for some reason). So it's "normal" condition so far into the tournament.

I still believe that both Denmark and Norway will beat Italy and France. I give you my left hand. :nod:

And I sure hope so. I really want Denmark to stay in the top group. And Norway too.

Italy (win)
Canada (lose)
Czech Rep. (lose, but it could be tight if you keep to your game)
France (win)
Slovakia (tight game like Norway)

Unless we see a massive improvement there no chance of us beating slovakia and not france either.

Italy have beaten us before with us having a far better roster.

almost nothing is working at the moment.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Danish - The most optimistic people in the world. ;)

We are the “happiest people“ in the world because we are pessimists/realists, that never expect too much (good).

When expecting nothing good -> nothing good happens, we were right all along (I told you so).
When expecting nothing good -> good happens, we are pleasantly surprised.

Being an optimist is the recipe for discontent :sarcasm:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
We are the “happiest people“ in the world because we are pessimists/realists, that never expect too much (good).

When expecting nothing good -> nothing good happens, we were right all along (I told you so).
When expecting nothing good -> good happens, we are pleasantly surprised.

Being an optimist is the recipe for discontent :sarcasm:

You just described my theory of life.

Pessimism=happiness

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille