2014 Training Camp

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 1m
Here is the breakdown of the two groups for training camp #SJSharks

Bx22CKOCEAAxbof.jpg

Guess my hope of a RD moving to left isn't happening.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Not really a fan of the lines projected from these, I know it doesn't matter at this point but:

Pavs on the fist line, SMH
Braun-Vlassic parining, rather one of them be the shutdown guy on a burns duo
Brown a 3rd liner? lol...

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 1m
Here is the breakdown of the two groups for training camp #SJSharks

Bx22CKOCEAAxbof.jpg

There are six skaters who aren't in those groups, along with the 2 spare goalies and the injured forwards like Sheppard and Torres.

Bonneau, Boudreau, Emanuelsson, Schwartz, Trupp and Young.

What exactly do those guys do? I know some are AHL guys, but do they just watch, or what?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
There are six skaters who aren't in those groups, along with the 2 spare goalies and the injured forwards like Sheppard and Torres.

Bonneau, Boudreau, Emanuelsson, Schwartz, Trupp and Young.

What exactly do those guys do? I know some are AHL guys, but do they just watch, or what?

Bolded guys are on AHL deals. Might be the organization wants to consider an "upgrade" to a NHL deal.

Emanuelsson is nursing injury (based on what he was wearing @ rookie skate yesterday).

If healthy, the might be doing drills separately, subbing in for other injuries, etc.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
As long as I've been watching hockey I still am unsure of the differences from playing on the two sides.

It seems like the off side is good for offense and one timers but makes it harder on keeping the puck in the offensive zone. Probably harder to play defense and get pucks out on defense too?

Am I close?

That's pretty much it IMO.

Playing the off-side means your point shot is, potentially, more dangerous, coming from closer to the middle of the ice. The downside is being mostly on your backhand side when fighting for puck possession on the boards and when trying to keep pucks in the offensive zone.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
It was great to see the boys on the ice today. May go Sunday. Marleau stopped to sign auto's and take pic's. Thornton ducked out. hm........

Did not know Patty had another rugrat due in November.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
im most excited for hockey to start so people will stop making lame john scott jokes constantly

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It was great to see the boys on the ice today. May go Sunday. Marleau stopped to sign auto's and take pic's. Thornton ducked out. hm........

Did not know Patty had another rugrat due in November.

That's pretty par for the course, in my experience. Thornton always pulls an escaping act.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad