2014 Training Camp

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Me too. Still haven't seen OHL nor USHL lists.

Perhaps it's like the BCHL or other tier 2 junior leagues?

Maybe, or maybe they were exaggerating the number a little bit.

I already mentioned that DuFruscia is likely a TO out of the OHL and I think another is Steve Trojanovic...maybe they have some older players showing up as TOs that they're looking at for the AHL instead of the NHL.

Edit: Then again, if they're inviting the guys that are on AHL only contracts I think I can come up with somewhere around 65 players.

Last edited:

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
SanJoseSharks 11:35am via Hootsuite #SJSharks rookie roster is set for this weekend's games & 2014 #SharksCamp schedule is announced. go.sjsharks.com/BotXF

Schedule and rookie roster

I'm still surprised they didn't invite a goalie for a TO. Chances are Anderson will get hurt, I guess they'll deal with that when they have to.

There's 3 'older' TOs on that list that I'd imagine might be fighting for AHL deals.

There's definitely 1, maybe 2 guys that I would really like to see signed to ELCs. Both would slide this year so total contracts isn't an issue, though they have 45 NHL contracts (2 are slide eligible) as of now so it's not like it would matter much anyway.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I'm still surprised they didn't invite a goalie for a TO. Chances are Anderson will get hurt, I guess they'll deal with that when they have to.

There's 3 'older' TOs on that list that I'd imagine might be fighting for AHL deals.

There's definitely 1, maybe 2 guys that I would really like to see signed to ELCs. Both would slide this year so total contracts isn't an issue, though they have 45 NHL contracts (2 are slide eligible) as of now so it's not like it would matter much anyway.

Talked to two tryout goalies today. One guy is signed with CHL Allen, the other with ECHL Utah. Almost sounds like they are "anonymous" backups (as they may only be emergency backup goalie call ups). :sarcasm:

44 NHL deals by my count (with 2 that can slide).

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Talked to two tryout goalies today. One guy is signed with CHL Allen, the other with ECHL Utah. Almost sounds like they are "anonymous" backups (as they may only be emergency backup goalie call ups). :sarcasm:

44 NHL deals by my count (with 2 that can slide).

You mean the goalies at scrimmage/captain's skate because they're not official tryouts for the rookie camp? Do the Sharks have an ECHL affiliate? I thought I had read that they re-upped with Stockton but I can't remember.

My last count was 45...either way they have plenty of slots open.

boredatwork

Oct 7, 2013

Just curious who you would like see get ELCs? Wasn't Baillie supposed to be a high draft pick.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Just curious who you would like see get ELCs? Wasn't Baillie supposed to be a high draft pick.

I like Baillie a lot and I'm all for 'free' prospects, especially good ones.

I'm also intrigued by DuFruscia but I'm not sure there a whole lot there.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
You mean the goalies at scrimmage/captain's skate because they're not official tryouts for the rookie camp?

Nope. They were not participating in "captain skates" (they were watching).

Do the Sharks have an ECHL affiliate? I thought I had read that they re-upped with Stockton but I can't remember.

Nope. Was talking to media guy earlier this week and he hadn't heard anything.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Well, for all those doubters, there is the 205lb Mirco from Mirco's own mouth. Now you have to call him a liar to be a non-believer. :)

He's got the narrowest upper body of any 6'4" human I've ever seen. I'm just gonna assume all that muscle is in his core and legs.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
WorcesterSharks 3:19pm via Twitter for Android

Planning on having updates and videos from #SJSharksRookies game vs. #Ducks beginning at 9pm (EST).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00