2014 Training Camp

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Well...if he makes the team then that'd be cool. On the other hand, it gives him a peek at what an NHL level training camp is like. He can get his feet wet with some Sharks scrimmages at the very least.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
He's not ready, I get trying to slide his ELC a year if he's signed now and sent down, but just wait DW, please.

There is no 'trying' to slide his ELC, if he's signed and is sent back to the OHL (prior to his 10th NHL game) his contract slides.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Well...if he makes the team then that'd be cool. On the other hand, it gives him a peek at what an NHL level training camp is like. He can get his feet wet with some Sharks scrimmages at the very least.

Ya, it's a little bit (but just a little bit) odd to me that he's not attending Sarnia's camp, which starts today, but I agree. Spending more time with NHL level training might be good for him and I'm guessing he'll be around through some pre-season games at the minimum.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
Marleau-Couture-Pavelski
Goldobin-Thornton-Hertl
Nieto-Kennedy-Wingels
Sheppard-Desjardins-Brown

Vlasic-Demers
Irwin-Burns
Mueller-Braun
Hannan

Could be fun :naughty:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Marleau-Couture-Pavelski
Goldobin-Thornton-Hertl
Nieto-Kennedy-Wingels
Sheppard-Desjardins-Brown

Vlasic-Demers
Irwin-Burns
Mueller-Braun
Hannan

Could be fun :naughty:

That is a goofy forward lineup you got there. As a somewhat serious lineup, I'm going with this:

Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Goldobin-Thornton-Pavelski
Sheppard-Hertl-Wingels
McGinn-Desjardins-Kennedy

Goldobin's probably not gonna stick so I'm just gonna hope some prospect gets in on this weird Schrodinger's Depth thing.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Hearing the Sharks will have almost double the "normal" number of rookies @ camp: 70!

That seems, um, excessive.

I've seen 5 (I think) invites so far but I'm guessing there are way more then that going.

Edit: I thought you were referring to rookie camp, I'm assuming you're referring to the actual training camp in which case it sounds like they invited everyone.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
It's ~50-55 for AHL/NHL squads.

I've been told (twice) it's the rookie camp. But I'll expect many (20-30) to be "in" the organization already (AHLers, draftees).

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Many new faces on the ice today. 8, 20 (Scott), 37, 52, 80, 81, 83

There's also a probable (AHL?) TO player, Nolan Yonkman, who's been skating with the guys since last week. (Anaheim organization last year) Big dude.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Many new faces on the ice today. 8, 20 (Scott), 37, 52, 80, 81, 83

There's also a probable (AHL?) TO player, Nolan Yonkman, who's been skating with the guys since last week. (Anaheim organization last year) Big dude.

Seeing as DW said there will not be any invites to training camp if it's a PTO you're probably right that it's for the AHL where they really, really, really don't need a player like him.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
It is interesting to see Fedun had 2 goals in 4 NHL games last year. That ties Irwin's production from last regular season and is 1 goal less than both Stewart and Hannan.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
One more confirmed rookie invite:

Willy Palov
@CH_WillyPalov
Mooseheads players going to NHL rookie camps this week: Gadoury and Fucale (Mtl), Murphy (Ott), Danny Moynihan (SJ) and Ehlers (Wpg).

I believe Anthony DiFruscia (Niagara) will be attending camp as well, he was also at development camp.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
One more confirmed rookie invite:

Willy Palov
@CH_WillyPalov
Mooseheads players going to NHL rookie camps this week: Gadoury and Fucale (Mtl), Murphy (Ott), Danny Moynihan (SJ) and Ehlers (Wpg).

I believe Anthony DiFruscia (Niagara) will be attending camp as well, he was also at development camp.

Another Boston kid. Burke will be Burke.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad