2014 Training Camp Thread

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I've supported Sven since day one, but he really needs to just shut up and continue to work his ass off. As people above said, there are prospects who are starting to pass him. There were a lot of guys who 'deserved' a spot, and they still got cut. You don't see them making comments about it.

This is starting to remind me of the Erixon debacle. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hmmm...

Between you implying that I don't know anything and saying I only think he's a writeoff because he was part of the Iggy return - both baseless accusations - you probably shouldn't be surprised when people call you out for getting rustled over it.

Pretty sad that you call me ridiculous and that I know nothing simply because I dared call a career bottom 6 guy a writeoff after management brought in several players of his type after he had been in our org for more than a year. Not getting a decent look in the preseason - his second camp with the team - tells me all I need to know.

Here's an idea: how about you don't demean people's opinions without cause, and I won't tell you you've got your knickers in a knot. Deal?
I think you are reading too much into things. I never said I was talking about you when I was talking about guys being put down when they are traded fro fan favorites, it is a theme I have noticed over the years with a good chunk of the fan base. A player is traded for a top player and they are garbage before they ever play a game (Stajan and Butler are other examples). Nor was I referring to you directly about Hanowski. Hanowski has been put down from day one by the fans of this franchise, just like Agostino doesn't get half the credit he deserves.

As for calling your opinion ridiculous, I did because it is a ridiculous opinion. There is a difference between calling an opinion ridiculous and calling you ridiculous, in fact there is a very clear distinction between the two. If you can't handle your opinions being challenged perhaps you are in the wrong place.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I've supported Sven since day one, but he really needs to just shut up and continue to work his ass off. As people above said, there are prospects who are starting to pass him. There were a lot of guys who 'deserved' a spot, and they still got cut. You don't see them making comments about it.

This is starting to remind me of the Erixon debacle. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Doesn't remind me of Erixon at all. Erixon was guaranteed a spot on the Flames' roster and offered the maximum ELC he could get (he did cite concerns that he wouldn't get a chance with the team, which was complete BS). Then during negotiations, after stringing the Flames along until the 11th hour, he basically said he wouldn't sign and they had to trade him. Erixon was kind of a butthole, whereas Sven seems to be trying his hardest to make the team.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
YEAH THEY ARE YOU LIAR

it's done though :(

Huh? I kept refreshing flames.nhl.com and hitting play on the Treliving presser, but all it did was play a 20 second clip of a microphone and no person behind it, reporters milling about in the room, then stop. The clip was the same every time I refreshed.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Huh? I kept refreshing flames.nhl.com and hitting play on the Treliving presser, but all it did was play a 20 second clip of a microphone and no person behind it, reporters milling about in the room, then stop. The clip was the same every time I refreshed.

I just bailed and went to the Fan 960 website. They're carrying it live.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
"Johnny is a guy who needs to be put in an offensive role to be successful"

...but it's okay for Baertschi, who arguably needs the same opportunity, to toil in the minors

Okay Brad.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica

...but it's okay for Baertschi, who arguably needs the same opportunity, to toil in the minors

Okay Brad.

it's pretty obvious the spot was between Gaudreau and Sven. We can all agree who was the better one.

like Brad said too, it's never bad for a prospect to play in the AHL.

May 27, 2012
Earth

Okay Brad.

It's true. You are not going to put him on the 3rd/4th line, or blocking shots on the PK.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB

Okay Brad.

I missed the presser, but my guess is they would rather have Sven playing a top six role in the A than a bottom six role in the N. I was just as upset as you about Sven being sent down, but I don't think they're going to get either him or JG switching wings just to make room for a prospect.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I missed the presser, but my guess is they would rather have Sven playing a top six role in the A than a bottom six role in the N. I was just as upset as you about Sven being sent down, but I don't think they're going to get either him or JG switching wings just to make room for a prospect.

Additionally, there's not really room for him on the NHL roster permanently, anyways. Once Raymond is healthy, Gaudreau will probably be sent down, too. I don't see why the Sven camp is so upset. It's a matter of one player getting nine games over the other.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Additionally, there's not really room for him on the NHL roster permanently, anyways. Once Raymond is healthy, Gaudreau will probably be sent down, too. I don't see why the Sven camp is so upset. It's a matter of one player getting nine games over the other.

Gaudreau doesn't fall into the "9 game" group. He signed an NHL contract, not an entry level.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Okay Brad.

This is why the third line should be another scoring line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad