23. Haydn Fleury
24. Julius Honka
25. Christian dvorak
26. Ivan barbashev
27. Jake virtanen (David booth)
28. Sonny milano
29. Kevin fiala
30. Julius bergman

I get where you are coming from, but I still think there is a lot of risk with William. I still like Samson for having the best career, but I admit it might be homerism. Most notable absence on the list for me is Jake Walman. Before his injury, he was in the convo for Hobey Baker as a sophomore dman. The next Ghostisbehere, imo.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I get where you are coming from, but I still think there is a lot of risk with William. I still like Samson for having the best career, but I admit it might be homerism. Most notable absence on the list for me is Jake Walman. Before his injury, he was in the convo for Hobey Baker as a sophomore dman. The next Ghostisbehere, imo.

I have seen only a couple games of walman. I can't rate him.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Jakub Vrana is not getting enough love here. As a producer I don't think there is a lot of separation between him and Nylander or Ehlers.

Don't forget about him, or he will sneak up on you.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
How I think the careers will look 10 years from now:

1. William Nylander
2. Leon Draisaitl
3. Aaron Ekblad
4. Dylan Larkin
5. Sam Reinhart
6. Vladislav Kamenev
7. Jakub Vrana
8. Sam Bennett
9. Nikita Scherbak
10. Travis Sanheim
11. David Pastrnak
12. Maxim Letunov
13. Robby Fabbri
14. Brandon Montour
15. Nikolaj ehlers
16. Jared Mccann
17. MDC
18. Nick Schmaltz
19. Alex Tuch
20. Nikita Tryamkin
21. Nick ritchie
22. Brendan lemeiux
23. Haydn Fleury
24. Julius Honka
25. Christian dvorak
26. Ivan barbashev
27. Jake virtanen (David booth)
28. Sonny milano
29. Kevin fiala
30. Julius bergman

I disagree. I think it's the following order in the 1st round:

1. William Nylander
  2. Rinat Valiev
  3. J. J. Piccinich
  4. Dakota Joshua
  5. Nolan Vesey
  6. Pierre Engvall
Everone else = Bustsd or 4th liners at best ;)

ZINFINITY16

Dec 29, 2013
Ontario

1. William Nylander
  2. Rinat Valiev
  3. J. J. Piccinich
  4. Dakota Joshua
  5. Nolan Vesey
  6. Pierre Engvall

Idk why everyone jokes about the leafs... like Pierre Engvall is gonna be Top 5 player from his draft year AT LEAST... and u have him as 6th :shakehead

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012

1. William Nylander
  2. Rinat Valiev
  3. J. J. Piccinich
  4. Dakota Joshua
  5. Nolan Vesey
  6. Pierre Engvall

If this is a joke that u think I'm biased and ranked nylander there assuming I'm a leaf fan. I am not a leaf fan and highly dislike the leafs. I'm a canuck fan.

MPStoEberletoHall*

If this is a joke that u think I'm biased and ranked nylander there assuming I'm a leaf fan. I am not a leaf fan and highly dislike the leafs. I'm a canuck fan.

Clearly you have a bit of love for the Leafs (Nylander) if you think he is going to be the best player out of that draft

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Clearly you have a bit of love for the Leafs (Nylander) if you think he is going to be the best player out of that draft

I very much dislike the leafs organization. But I do believe Nylander is going to be a superstar player. It isn't bias just to believe someone has talent.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region

If someone has an opinion for a player that you do not have that automatically makes him a homer? Maybe he actually thinks Nylander is gonna be the best player from that draft. Hate to break it to you but you can like a player without liking the team he plays for.

Sheesh, people on these boards are like, "your opinion is different from mine/consensus, so your wrong or a homer".

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I very much dislike the leafs organization. But I do believe Nylander is going to be a superstar player. It isn't bias just to believe someone has talent.

Excellent answer, for remaining composed. Don't mind him. Some people never learned to respect others' opinions in grade school.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
Aren't you always the one making the point about not everyone's a Leafs hater? Is everyone in your world biased towards the Leafs, unless they share your opinion?

Do you even have to ask a guy named MPStoEberletoHall? He's very obviously the most neutral and unbiased poster on this site, you'd be a fool to disagree with him.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Okay, but Ehlers below Scherbak, Letunov and Vrana? That's crystal ball sort of stuff. Ehlers has been miles ahead of them in every way.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I don't know if people are watching the St Louis/Chicago series. But Robby Fabbri is playing a big role. Hitch has trusted him in a very tough match up against Toews and Hossa. Proven playoff warriors and cup champs. He has more than held his own. There was a reason why I had Fabbri at #6 overall in this crop. He is a big game player that elevates his already good game to higher heights in the playoffs.

Great to see the trust in him by Hitch, and for him to not let the coach down. Terrific player.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don't know if people are watching the St Louis/Chicago series. But Robby Fabbri is playing a big role. Hitch has trusted him in a very tough match up against Toews and Hossa. Proven playoff warriors and cup champs. He has more than held his own. There was a reason why I had Fabbri at #6 overall in this crop. He is a big game player that elevates his already good game to higher heights in the playoffs.

Great to see the trust in him by Hitch, and for him to not let the coach down. Terrific player.
For a rarity I'll agree with you. Way too many people forget about Fabbri, he's had arguably the most impressive year when factoring in minutes, and a rotating cast of linemates. If he can stay healthy I expect a big year from him next year.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
For a rarity I'll agree with you. Way too many people forget about Fabbri, he's had arguably the most impressive year when factoring in minutes, and a rotating cast of linemates. If he can stay healthy I expect a big year from him next year.

Whether we are agree or not, this is fine. Believe it or not, when you don't have a team and you are solely interested in players and prospects. Where Mine is making draft lists and seeing how they do later on in the NHL, it can be a self rewarding exercise.

I always liked Fabbri's game. His fearlessness is both an asset and a weakness. I hope he can stay healthy. His size is improving, but he will need to learn when to pick his spots. He is too valuable to the Blues to lose to injury.

MarryMarner

Mar 31, 2008
1. Aaron Ekblad
2. William Nylander
3. Sam Reinhart
4. Leon Draisaitl
5. Dylan Larkin
6. Sam Bennett
7. Nikolaj Ehlers
8. Travis Sanheim
9. Robby Fabbri
10. Michael Dal Colle
11. Jared McCann
12. Thatcher Demko
13. Jake Virtanen
14. David Pastrnak
15. Haydn Fleury

My top 15 as of today.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Top 3 currently
1. Ekblad
2. Reinhart
3. Draisaitl

These guys are fairly interchangeable, as in arguments can be made for any of them.
Larkin, Bennett, Ehlers, Fabbri, Pastrnak, Nylander, and Vrana.

Nylander hasn't played as many games yet, but his play looks promising, and Vrana is making a strong case for NHL time with solid production in the AHL this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad