Prospect Info: 2014 NHL Draft Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
The 2nd day on the NHL network is usually guys like Gary Green talking about old stories then an occasional 5 minute segment on one of the guys drafted the night before also add in constant updates on what the Leafs are doing

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
The 2nd day on the NHL network is usually guys like Gary Green talking about old stories then an occasional 5 minute segment on one of the guys drafted the night before also add in constant updates on what the Leafs are doing

Jebus, that sounds horrible :(

jetdiehard

Jun 14, 2014
Winnipeg
I went to a Junior game in Calgary see Calgary play Red Deer this year, the best player was Seinham, a big strong player that would remind you of Trouba.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I went to a Junior game in Calgary see Calgary play Red Deer this year, the best player was Seinham, a big strong player that would remind you of Trouba.

I was all aboard the Sanheim train before the U18's, and was hoping the Jets could re acquire a 2nd to pick him up (when he was projected to be there).

Now he's likely a late 1st rounder. :(

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman

He has soared up the rankings this year. Seems like a very interesting player. Projection seems to be late 1st-2nd rounds. If Chevy could somehow get a pick in that area, I would love to grab him.

Also a Manitoba boy :nod:

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I could see us selecting Sanheim, big left-handed defenseman who has climbed the draft charts over the last 6 months. Would honestly fall in line with the Scheifele and Morrissey picks as risers.

Guys, common now, he is not a late-first rounder if Chevy takes him at 9th!! :D

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I could see us selecting Sanheim, big left-handed defenseman who has climbed the draft charts over the last 6 months. Would honestly fall in line with the Scheifele and Morrissey picks as risers.

Guys, common now, he is not a late-first rounder if Chevy takes him at 9th!! :D

...or trade back in the first round to someone who wants Nylander or Ehlers at #9 and draft Sanheim or Larkin.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
...or trade back in the first round to someone who wants Nylander or Ehlers at #9 and draft Sanheim or Larkin.

Not Chevy's style. He'll take him at 9 and everyone will be mad we didn't trade back and collect an extra pick. :laugh:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Haha, can you imagine if Chevy took Sanheim at 9 with guys like Ehlers, Nylander, Fiala on the board? It would be insanity in here.

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
In 2011 I wanted Couturier. We took Scheifele and I now look foolish.

In 2012 I wanted Forsberg or Reinhart. We took Trouba and I now look foolish.

In 2013 I wanted Domi. We took Morrissey and I now look foolish.

In 2014 I want Nylander. Looking forward to looking dumb again.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
To be fair, that first one is still up for debate.

i dont know. If your looking at it purely from an offensive standpoint, Scheifele probably has more potential than Couturier, but from a whole package standpoint, its still up in the air. IE, would you rather have Bergeron or Giroux...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
i dont know. If your looking at it purely from an offensive standpoint, Scheifele probably has more potential than Couturier, but from a whole package standpoint, its still up in the air. IE, would you rather have Bergeron or Giroux...

Giroux...

I like Scheifele's offensive potential more than Couturier's, and I think he'll also be a very good defensive center. He is such a responsible, dedicated player.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Not Chevy's style. He'll take him at 9 and everyone will be mad we didn't trade back and collect an extra pick. :laugh:

Agreed and it makes sense. There are no guarantees the guy you want will be their if you trade down. A lot of fans assume the consensus lists out there are how the draft will play out. People said the same thing about Scheifele in 2011, but it has been suggested since that there were other teams looking at him as early as 10th. GM's have their own board and are oblivious to the group think on fan forums ;)

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013

Drafting is black magic. I wouldn't be surprised if some NHL pre-draft "war rooms" involve picking names out of a hat.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

In 2013 I was hoping we would pick Domi, Petan, Lipon and Lodge. Needless to say I was ecstatic on draft day even though we didn't get Domi. :handclap:

With the way Morrissey looks, it's even more exciting to see that draft class mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA