Prospect Info: 2014 NHL Draft Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Wow, He will grow up, but he makes many good points. His mistake is talking about that stuff in the media, before he's drafted. He's obviously selling himself because everyone is questioning his character.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Wow, He will grow up, but he makes many good points. His mistake is talking about that stuff in the media, before he's drafted. He's obviously selling himself because everyone is questioning his character.

Which then leads everyone to be repulsed by his character :laugh:

That being said, I bet Philly takes him.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Keep my mouth shut or at least not have an interview and make myself sound like a self centred jerk with delusions of grandeur?

I don't take it that way. He's not going about it correctly, but what has he really done wrong? Pump his own tires a little bit? I am fascinated how people are willing to write of talented 17 year olds, because they don't handle things the way others would like.

He may turn out to be a complete ****** bag, but up until recently nobody was saying this guy had severe character issues. Maybe some hockey issues with doing too much.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
He's 17 years old and being killed by the media. How would you take it?

Killed by the media? He had vague character concerns before this. They have now been confirmed. As Lincoln said "Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are stupid than to open your mouth and confirm it".

Ho-Sang was falling draft reasons for VERY real hockey concerns. He is selfish, makes poor decisions, work ethic issues, struggles defensively. etc. Now he has opened the door on real character concerns. As I said before the, the cockiness bothers me, but not all that much really. He wants to say he thinks he'll be the player in the draft, ok fine. What really gets me is the victim complex he gives off. Saying things about how the hockey world won't look at him due to his race, "personality", or whatever.

On that note, I hate that people now associate "personality" with being a cocky selfish jerk. People don't hate on guys like Ho-Sang and Subban since they have "personality". They hate on them since they are cocky (not CONFIDENT), selfish, over the top and come as complete ******. Big difference. Joe Thornton has personality yet still manages to be liked and a leader.

As for race, I'm not touching that but to suggest before the freaking draft you will slide due to race. What a victim complex.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Killed by the media? He had vague character concerns before this. They have now been confirmed. As Lincoln said "Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are stupid than to open your mouth and confirm it".

Ho-Sang was falling draft reasons for VERY real hockey concerns. He is selfish, makes poor decisions, work ethic issues, struggles defensively. etc. Now he has opened to door on real character concerns. As I said before the, the cockiness bothers me, but not all that much really. He wants to say he thinks he'll be the player in the draft, ok fine. What really gets me is the victim complex he gives off. Saying things about how the hockey world won't look at him due to his race, "personality", or whatever.

On that note, I hate that people now associate "personality" with being a cocky selfish jerk. People don't hate on guys like Ho-Sang and Subban since they have "personality". They hate on them since they are cocky (not CONFIDENT), selfish, over the top and come as complete ******. Big difference. Joe Thornton has personality yet still manages to be liked and a leader.

As for race, I'm not touching that but to suggest before the freaking draft you will slide due to race. What a victim complex.

Hmm so only Subban and Ho-Sang are cocky. Apparently PK is the only one in the NHL. You are making my point for me.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Hmm so only Subban and Ho-Sang are cocky. Apparently PK is the only one in the NHL. You are making my point for me.

Are you kidding me. So I guess when I say Kane has a great shot, that means nobody else in the NHL has a great shot? You are reaching AT BEST.

What the hell are you talking about?

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Are you kidding me. So I guess when I say Kane has a great shot, that means nobody else in the NHL has a great shot? You are reaching AT BEST.

What the hell are you talking about?

Not even close. Wow you like to go on attack. Calm down.

No one else gets **** on in the NHL for being cocky like Subban. So either he is the only one who is, or something else is at play.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Not even close. Wow you like to go on attack. Calm down.

No one else gets **** on in the NHL for being cocky like Subban. So either he is the only one who is, or something else is at play.

Yeah. He plays in Montreal...

He's one of the worst, but you wouldn't hear about it nearly so much if he played in Florida. It's ridiculous to suggest it's racist.

I'm not the one on attack. You basically called me a racist. Not a fan of that.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Yeah. He plays in Montreal...

He's one of the worst, but you wouldn't hear about it nearly so much if he played in Florida. It's ridiculous to suggest it's racist.

I didn't say it was racist. I said there is more to it. It's obvious to me. Patrick Kane is as cocky as PK. He beat up a cab driver as well.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Button has us taking Ehlers. hmph.

An interesting tidbit on the TSN show from Florida's GM interview saying he thinks theres a 70% chance they'll keep the pick, that there's one offer so far that he considers serious, and a couple others worth consideration.

And I'm fine with Ehlers, he's one of the better players I feel we can land at 9.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I didn't say it was racist. I said there is more to it. It's obvious to me. Patrick Kane is as cocky as PK. He beat up a cab driver as well.

And lots of people hate on him for that. I don't get your point at all. And again, my biggest problem with Ho-Sang was not even the cockiness so I don't know what you are arguing.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
And lots of people hate on him for that. I don't get your point at all. And again, my biggest problem with Ho-Sang was not even the cockiness so I don't know what you are arguing.

You are the one who jumped in on my posts and brought up PK. wth? I was disagreeing with another posters take on Ho-Sang.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Does Jake Virtanen's rankings seem odd to anyone else?

McKenzie: #7
THN: #11
ISS: #7
hockeyprospect.com: #18
McKeen: #7
NHL CS: #6
Craig Button: #43???

Why does Craig have him rated so far off what everyone else does? Is he seeing something no one else is?

And what is even more odd is Button picked the much maligned Virtanen to go 6th in his last pre-draft mock.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=121032

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Ho Sang literally sounds delusional lol

Everyone must remember the good old days in youth hockey? Where the guy with the most talent on the team tries half as hard, isn't even the most effective onthe team and still thinks he's hot ****.

He says 4-5 incredibly selfish/childish things in that interview alone.

Oh, and he doesn't even compete unless the puck is in his stick for an opportunity to score.

Take a flyer on him in the 7th, if at all. Let him explain to his buddies at 21, and out of pro hockey, how the NHL screwed him out of being the best player in the league. Just like Hockey Canada did. Lol.

In the real world, unless you truly are something special, you aren't **** and nobody owes you anything. You constantly have to prove yourself in professional sports. Ho Sang doesn't even seem to have a clue such a world exists. Why should it, he can stick handle like nobody's business? ...

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I'm a Ho-Sang fan. Childish, probably. But he's genuine and always gives great interviews. His skill can't be denied. Whether he's coachable is the biggest question mark. In a weak draft year, some team will figure he's worth the risk.

Sharks fans are totally on board with him. They picked him in the HF draft. With all the problems that happened with Setoguchi though, I doubt the Sharks draft him.

jetkarma*

And what is even more odd is Button picked the much maligned Virtanen to go 6th in his last pre-draft mock.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=121032

To be fair , Button has said multiple times he thinks Virtanen would be selected high in the first , as opposed to where he rates him ( not a mock draft ) .

He may be right , wrong , somewhere in between , but he has seen him 30 / 40 times and lives in Calgary so I respect he is taking a strong position.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm a Ho-Sang fan. Childish, probably. But he's genuine and always gives great interviews. His skill can't be denied. Whether he's coachable is the biggest question mark. In a weak draft year, some team will figure he's worth the risk.

Sharks fans are totally on board with him. They picked him in the HF draft. With all the problems that happened with Setoguchi though, I doubt the Sharks draft him.

What does Setoguchi have to do with Ho-Sang? :laugh:

Cause they both have Asian sounding last names?

jetkarma*

Why is this a weak draft?

It may not have top tier elite for the first couple of picks but the quality and depth are strong and most if not all evaluators agree with this. That isn't what I would call "weak"

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Good for Ho-Sang. He's putting himself out there before a team commits a valued pick to him. It would put him and his future boss in an awkward situation if he acted like Toews up until the draft.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
What does Setoguchi have to do with Ho-Sang? :laugh:

Cause they both have Asian sounding last names?

Seto had a rep for over partying during his years in SJ. So Shark fans now speculate they don't draft character red flags anymore.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Which then leads everyone to be repulsed by his character :laugh:

That being said, I bet Philly takes him.

not everyone but cockiness never really got me bent me out of shape

saw a live interview and the kid is smart, well spoken, and pretty hilarious

arrogant as **** tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad