Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part II* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 1/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Duclair had one shot, one assist, and a +2 in Quebec's 6-0 win against Acadie-Bathhurst.

Graves had 2 shots, +1, and no points.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Likely has something to do with the whole he hasn't played with his team since September thing and half his team is new.

Also add in to he hasn't played at that slow a pace since September.

Did you expect him to fly out of the gate like nothing happened these past months?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Likely has something to do with the whole he hasn't played with his team since September thing and half his team is new.

Also add in to he hasn't played at that slow a pace since September.

Did you expect him to fly out of the gate like nothing happened these past months?

Anything less than 3 PPG pace and he's a bust.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
He had 2 breakaways and another partial break in this game. 1st one the goalie made a nice pad save, the 2nd one he hit the post and the 3rd one he was pushed by the defenseman and got a goalie interference call. Goals will come!

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
He had 2 breakaways and another partial break in this game. 1st one the goalie made a nice pad save, the 2nd one he hit the post and the 3rd one he was pushed by the defenseman and got a goalie interference call. Goals will come!

I really appreciate the updates you've been giving us on Duke. Thanks a lot.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Are you sure we'll have Kreider? The main boards will have you thinking he's like Matt Cooke and he's one or two bad hits away from being suspended from the NHL for life.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Wisconsin v Minnesota today at 6pm Eastern on FoxSports2. Hockey Day in Minnesota, and all that.

At the same time it's Michigan v Ohio State on SportsTime Ohio (662 on Directv)

Thumpz

Jan 5, 2011
Orlando FL
Skjei looking good in the first period against Wisconsin. Has a secondary assist as it feels like 90% of the play has been in the offensive zone. Been beating the forecheck in the defensive zone all period with simple clean plays. He's got really nice speed, but doesn't seem like he's perfectly smooth, almost looks like he could be even faster with time.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It's not rocket science, with the Staal signing, most likely, only 2 of MSL, Hagelin and MZA will be staying. I think the smartest move would be to retain the players who help drive more offense in MSL and MZA. On top of that, Hagelin is a RFA and could garner a return of assets which the other 2 could not after the season as they are UFA's.

MSL + MZA + Assets from trading Hagelin > Hagelin + MSL/MZA

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It's not rocket science, with the Staal signing, most likely, only 2 of MSL, Hagelin and MZA will be staying. I think the smartest move would be to retain the players who help drive more offense in MSL and MZA. On top of that, Hagelin is a RFA and could garner a return of assets which the other 2 could not after the season as they are UFA's.

Agree completely.

I love Hags but unfortunately he's the odd man out.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Agree completely.

I love Hags but unfortunately he's the odd man out.

Yeah. Him and Moore together could maybe garner something nice at the draft. Keep them until then for a hopeful parade down Broadway. Sign Stepan, MZA and MSL (bonus laden contract). Bring in two cheap journeymen contracts a la Hunwick/Stempniak this year to make McIllraith/Skjei and DuClair/Buch earn their spots, otherwise easing them in slowly. Should work both cap wise and quality wise (a likely scenario is to have both Buch and Skjei start in the AHL and be on the team by Christmas). Voila. Not rocket science

Matt4776

May 8, 2009

I'll be the first to admit I absolutely may be a bit biased since Hags is my favorite Ranger, but I think I'd rather keep Hags. Marty would be 40 by the time next season starts. Also, he hasn't been showing that much ES offense this year. We have a lot of offensive promise coming in on the wings with Duke and Buch. We don't have anyone with Hags' skill-set coming up.

I'm more confident we can find someone to replace MSL on the PP than we can to replace Hags' speed, defensive ability, board play, and just general all-around game as a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Duclair finally found the back of the net in a 3-2 loss.

Has 1 G, 3A in 4 games since returning to juniors.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Problem with moving Hags is there goes maybe our fastest player. Also a great pk'er---and a more affordable contract.

Don't think MSL is going anywhere. Rangers gave up too much to get him and that includes their first rounder in the upcoming draft. OTOH I can see MSL accepting less money. After all he's here by choice--he's not quite the same player as he was--and it's good for the team. That however is just conjecture on my part.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Problem with moving Hags is there goes maybe our fastest player. Also a great pk'er---and a more affordable contract.

Don't think MSL is going anywhere. Rangers gave up too much to get him and that includes their first rounder in the upcoming draft. OTOH I can see MSL accepting less money. After all he's here by choice--he's not quite the same player as he was--and it's good for the team. That however is just conjecture on my part.

That's why the maturation of Fast has been so important and even if MSL takes a discount, say 3.5, they can't fit everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad