Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building / Proposal Thread Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
****... Management has to be working on something... 3 prime trade targets just got picked up in 2 days

Maybe more to the Zucc Rumors --like last year sign before the deadline or else you could be gone.

Not sure how I feel with guys being traded left and right.

Good Sather or Evil Sather??

That is the question.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Is this where the impatient crowd comes out because they want their team to be involved in the deadline?

News flash, if the Rangers make no moves they are still amongst the favorites to come out of the East.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Is this where the young teens impatient crowd comes out because they want their team to be involved in the deadline?

News flash, if the Rangers make no moves they are still amongst the favorites to come out of the East.

No team is flawed!

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
Bullet dodged :handclap:

With that price being paid for Winnik I think we can forget Sekera or Vermette being acquired for a realistic cost.
Outside of those two I don't see any rentals who are clear upgrades to our lineup when fully healthy.
If I am giving up a 2nd round pick, I need someone with term....i.e. Vern Fiddler who has another year at $1.25m and can win faceoffs comes to mind.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
Is this where the young teens impatient crowd comes out because they want their team to be involved in the deadline?

True--but we need Hank back...

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
With that price being paid for Winnik I think we can forget Sekera or Vermette being acquired for a realistic cost.
Outside of those two I don't see any rentals who are clear upgrades to our lineup when fully healthy.
If I am giving up a 2nd round pick, I need someone with term....i.e. Vern Fiddler who has another year at $1.25m and can win faceoffs comes to mind.

Wouldn't say that, outside of the 2nd (next year) what was moved that was of real value?

I'm surprised he returned more than Tlusty tbh. I know hes a good defensive player and penalty killer, but Winnik is a playoff ghost.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
No team is flawed!

It was more in response to people getting up in arms about Winnik and Tlusty being traded.

You wanted to give up more than Pitts did for Winnick? Where does Tlusty play (or even fit with cap) on this team?

There is no reason for fans to throw a tantrum because they know all the ins and outs of being an NHL GM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
I thought so too at first. But the Leafs retained half his salary, so it's not that bad.

I don't know. Even with the Leafs keeping salary in the deal that's a lot for Winnik. I like the player but I'm glad the Rangers didn't send the equivlant in value EVEN if the Leafs kept half the salary.

It's VERY possible the Rangers do nothing at the deadline

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
From Elliotte Friedman's 30 thoughts this week:

One GM said this week he is now planning on a $69M cap — if the players don’t vote for the escalator. Ouch

From the same article RE; Zucc:
But, there are rumours they will consider trading him, see what they can get and, if necessary, flip that for something else.
I can’t prove or disprove those rumblings, but they’re out there

What is more surprising for me and i didn't see discussed here, nhlnumber shows a bonus of 2,8 for Hayes and 0,5 for Miller.

If this is right it would carry over and hit the cap next year.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I don't know. Even with the Leafs keeping salary in the deal that's a lot for Winnik. I like the player but I'm glad the Rangers didn't send the equivlant in value EVEN if the Leafs kept half the salary.

It's VERY possible the Rangers do nothing at the deadline

Well the Rangers wouldn't need to retain salary so they'd have no reason to up their offer.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Cole has 18 goals this year. 18. He'd be tied for 2nd on the Rangers with that.

Skille wouldn't come here to be a third liner, he'd be a 12/13.

Let's say we can get Cole for a 2nd round pick, and Skille for a B-level prospect. Waive Stempniak (unfortunately) or trade him for a low level pick.

Kreider - Stepan - MSL
Nash - Brass - Zucc
Hagelin - Hayes - Cole
Skille - Moore - Fast
Miller

I like that team a lot more than our current team.

I don't at all, we have to agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad