Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building / Proposal Thread Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Would it be crazy to bring MDZ back as our #6 D man? He is playing good hockey right now and is far above Johnny Moore.

As much as I love the idea, he's a) still Del Zaster.... b) AV is not a fan of him, and c) New York City is a bad place for him

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Wow, we go through these threads like kids go through Halloween candy.

It feels like we have diverted from discussing deadline acquisitions to offseason things.

It was reported that the Rangers are looking into Mark Letestu. Very interested in adding him to our fourth line. Still VERY interested in Sean Bergenheim.

Vermette all depends on the price for me. My highest offer still remains McIlrath + 2nd. If that doesn't get it done, then so be it. Same with Sekera. I would love Sekera, but don't think we end up with him. Still want another 5-6 defenseman. John Moore has "been there done that" in terms of playing on a Stanley Cup final team, but we had a better defense last year and I'm not comfortable with him based on this season's performance.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'm not sure what price we end up paying, but I still believe the Rangers are gonna go big and get either vermette or Sekera, just got that feeling.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Wow, we go through these threads like kids go through Halloween candy.

It feels like we have diverted from discussing deadline acquisitions to offseason things.

It was reported that the Rangers are looking into Mark Letestu. Very interested in adding him to our fourth line. Still VERY interested in Sean Bergenheim.

Vermette all depends on the price for me. My highest offer still remains McIlrath + 2nd. If that doesn't get it done, then so be it. Same with Sekera. I would love Sekera, but don't think we end up with him. Still want another 5-6 defenseman. John Moore has "been there done that" in terms of playing on a Stanley Cup final team, but we had a better defense last year and I'm not comfortable with him based on this season's performance.

If the Rangers get Letestu, Vermette is not needed. He will be the 5th center they acquire for depth purposes. At that point to get another winger as the prices on wingers is going to be much lower. Much higher supply of wingers than centers.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm not sure what price we end up paying, but I still believe the Rangers are gonna go big and get either vermette or Sekera, just got that feeling.

I have a weird feeling they get Michalek and Vermette.

The Rangers don't leak much. Normally the stuff they leak is a way to send a message. Said player is asking for way too much. We're interested in this other guy so lower your price.

Rumors that the Rangers are interested in Letestu and Sekera. Vermette and Michalek.

BarbaraAlphanse

A Letestu acquisition would likely be coupled with a Sekera acquisition.

Rangers would be wise to use Moore as an asset in a trade, and keep a 2nd. You can't trade Moore in a package for Vermette unless you're getting back Michaelek.

Letestu and Sekera combined probably make Vermette's salary, which should be better for the Rangers' cap situation, too.

Best case, Letestu fills Boyle's void and Sekera adopts a role in AV's system similar to someone like Edler.

Worst case, Letestu is still better than Glass & Fast on the 4th line and Sekera is still better than Hunwick/Moore - so we improve regardless (hypothetically).

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Jackets fan coming in peace. Wondering what you think would be a fair offer for Letestu?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I have a weird feeling they get Michalek and Vermette.

The Rangers don't leak much. Normally the stuff they leak is a way to send a message. Said player is asking for way too much. We're interested in this other guy so lower your price.

Rumors that the Rangers are interested in Letestu and Sekera. Vermette and Michalek.

except larry the cable guy brooks reported yeterday that the rangers are looking at Sekera, which by that logic would say that the report today about letestu might have more truth to it

BarbaraAlphanse

Jackets fan coming in peace. Wondering what you think would be a fair offer for Letestu?

Well the report said he would come "cheap". So going off that, cheap value for him I'd assume is a 4th.

Fair would be between a 3rd or 4th. So somewhere there.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Michalek? If he was a lefty, I would be all over him. But with him being a righty, where does he slide into our lineup?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Are Michalek and Sekera the only dmen available? Jeez. Hejda is another one. Has anyone heard any other defensemens names? Methot resigned. Schultz resigned. Franson was traded. Myers was traded.

BarbaraAlphanse

Are Michalek and Sekera the only dmen available? Jeez. Hejda is another one. Has anyone heard any other defensemens names? Methot resigned. Schultz resigned. Franson was traded. Myers was traded.

Phaneuf :)cry::laugh::cry::sarcasm::()

BarbaraAlphanse

TFP keeps reporting that the Leafs would be reluctant to move Polak so they probably won't move him unless they're overwhelmed.

Petry seems like a poor man's Michalek.

Wieroch is a name that's being tossed around here. Don't know much about him.

Timmonen is coming off a large absence from the ice.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Do the Wings have any upcoming UFA's. They are looking for at least 1 RD as they have a ton of lefties. Could the Rangers snag one of their lefties? I am on my phone or I would check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad