Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building / Proposal Thread Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Doesn't Boyle have great numbers? I really don't understand why people have been complaining about him so much this year.

he's been less than expected.

he hasn't been terrible but his productivity has been average.

he's been the weakest link in the top 5

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
So a late 1st (it will be by the time the season is done) and an undersized B-ish prospect?

I mean good on Carolina for getting the first, but I don't see this as the gross overpayment that some do. Fair market value.

Fun fact: Weal was chosen with the pick the Rangers sent to LA for Brian Boyle.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I would love to see Weircoch here... Can take Moore's spot permanently since he's signed beyond this season, then be displaced by Skjei/McIlrath by the end of next year

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
IMO the only team capable of stopping them is this team right here.

I wouldn't sleep on St. Louis.

Who is the prospect LA is sending to Carolina?

If Anaheim gets Andersen back for the playoffs, I like their chances too. That kid is underrated in a big way. Maybe Nashville if Rinne and Weber decide to take over. Who knows? They came within one loss three times last year. Maybe they don't get the same hot streak. But if they do, I don't like anybody's odds, except maybe---Anaheim, Minnesota, NYR, or Detroit.

STL all falls on Allen/Elliot. Pietrangelo/Bouwmeester pairing has been slumping much like our top pairing, so it's going to fall on the goalie. That part of their roster just hasn't earned my confidence enough yet.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If Anaheim gets Andersen back for the playoffs, I like their chances too. That kid is underrated in a big way. Maybe Nashville if Rinne and Weber decide to take over. Who knows? They came within one loss three times last year. Maybe they don't get the same hot streak. But if they do, I don't like anybody's odds, except maybe---Anaheim, Minnesota, NYR, or Detroit.

STL all falls on Allen/Elliot. Pietrangelo/Bouwmeester pairing has been slumping much like our top pairing, so it's going to fall on the goalie. That part of their roster just hasn't earned my confidence enough yet.

Tere's lots of good teams out there for sure and an upset is possible but I think the two best teams in the league are the teams in the Finals last year. That wasn't an accident.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Petry and Wiercioch don't crack our lineup.

Petry would be depth, because the 2 next best players after Klein is McIlrath (unseasoned) and Kostka (Trash). Wiercioch definitely adds competition for that 6th D spot, and if AV is comfortable with the type of player he is, that's a sure bet he takes that 6 spot

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Tere's lots of good teams out there for sure and an upset is possible but I think the two best teams in the league are the teams in the Finals last year. That wasn't an accident.

Haha, without Kane these are maybe the two best.

Minnesota's been my sleeper all year. They'll head into the playoffs with something they didn't have last year, a goalie they're confident in front of.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Haha, without Kane these are maybe the two best.

Minnesota's been my sleeper all year. They'll head into the playoffs with something they didn't have last year, a goalie they're confident in front of.

X2.

I don't know about DD in the playoffs but the truth is if they get any semblance of goaltending against Chicago they take that series. Hawks got worked in that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad