Speculation: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster building / proposal thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Have a feeling Hayes will sign here.

I think the fact that so many NCAA kids have become leaders / major parts of our core is the x-factor that teams like Colorado and Pitt don't have.

The chance to be part of a core with Kreider, Stepan, McDonagh, Hagelin, etc. Hayes could be a huge fan favorite in NY if he adapts quickly enough to the NHL game.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
No. Hardly.
Then the Leino, Penner, Setoguchi speculation begins.
Thereafter Carter, Carcillo, Fedotenko chatter
Ends with a "Sean Avery rumored seen skating for a NYR comeback" thread
All in the stars

There are reasons why those mentioned above haven't signed anywhere. I wouldn't be opposed to giving a youngster the chance to fill the role that the aforementioned veterans would have filled. I hope Hayes is one of those youngsters, but they have to sign him first. Have to wait and see on that.

Last edited:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Marty St.Louis was on TSN radio this morning

On his future after this season, “For sure, I feel that I am still good. That I was a late bloomer I don’t have the mileage on my body from 18-20. Usually guys hit 1000 games earlier then I do. I feel I may get those games at the back end of my career. I feel good mentally and physically and there is no reason that I wouldn’t want to play past this year.â€

http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/2...la/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

How many more years? One. Two. The Rangers gave up a lot to acquire him. As long as St.Louis plays at the same level,it would be in the Rangers best interests to re-sign him. He is a 35 plus player so the 2nd year of a 2 year deal counts if St.Louis decides to only play another year after this season. MSL was really good last season when Stamkos broke his leg. His play was a major reason that team didn't sink in the standings when Stamkos missed 4-5 months with the broken leg. Bishop's play was the other major reason.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Marty St.Louis was on TSN radio this morning

http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/2...la/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

How many more years? One. Two. The Rangers gave up a lot to acquire him. As long as St.Louis plays at the same level,it would be in the Rangers best interests to re-sign him. He is a 35 plus player so the 2nd year of a 2 year deal counts if St.Louis decides to only play another year after this season. MSL was really good last season when Stamkos broke his leg. His play was a major reason that team didn't sink in the standings when Stamkos missed 4-5 months with the broken leg. Bishop's play was the other major reason.

I think he has another 2 years in him at 60-70 point pace. The guy is a machine.

AHB*

Have a feeling Hayes will sign here.

I think the fact that so many NCAA kids have become leaders / major parts of our core is the x-factor that teams like Colorado and Pitt don't have.

The chance to be part of a core with Kreider, Stepan, McDonagh, Hagelin, etc. Hayes could be a huge fan favorite in NY if he adapts quickly enough to the NHL game.

The kid wants to play. He obviously doesn't care about winning at the moment or he would have stayed in Chicago. We certainly can't, nor should we, be giving him a guarantee that he will be on the opening day roster.

I highly doubt he signs here. He's also being insanely overhyped. Again very unlikely he ever becomes a top line winger. I would say his ceiling is on the 2nd line and more likely he'll be a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The kid wants to play. He obviously doesn't care about winning at the moment or he would have stayed in Chicago. We certainly can't, nor should we, be giving him a guarantee that he will be on the opening day roster.

I highly doubt he signs here. He's also being insanely overhyped. Again very unlikely he ever becomes a top line winger. I would say his ceiling is on the 2nd line and more likely he'll be a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

I think hes been appropriately hyped as a middle six forward.

Can be our long term replacement for Poo.

15/15 playing with Zuccs is doable I think

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Yeah, I think he has 2nd line upside. Maybe 40-50 points.

That's a solid addition for nothing but cash

Championship*

Get MSL back on a 2-year deal. Shouldn't be too hard considering he forced a trade here in part because he wanted to be closer to his offseason home in CT. Should be a formality. Maybe in the off chance that Stamkos reaches UFA having MSL here could sway him.

AHB*

Hahahaha. Were you around for 1994, AHB? It was PAINFUL to watch the missteps that team made after they won...

I was 4. I want to see one cup, then I can move on with my life. The missteps are painful, but one cup for me would really last forever.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Get MSL back on a 2-year deal. Shouldn't be too hard considering he forced a trade here in part because he wanted to be closer to his offseason home in CT. Should be a formality. Maybe in the off chance that Stamkos reaches UFA having MSL here could sway him.

I hadn't even considered the possibility of Stamkos. Wow, that is so unlikely, but it would be amazing.

BarbaraAlphanse

I was 4. I want to see one cup, then I can move on with my life. The missteps are painful, but one cup for me would really last forever.

I'm right there with you.

I'm still struggling to get over the 2014 cup loss.

The Kings will rue the day the did this to me! RUE THE DAY!!! :rant: :sarcasm: (no but really :()

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
One Cup over the course of 42 seasons...many heartbreaking years the twenty two years before when I started cheering as a kid listening to games up here in Canada on the radio and then twenty years of only being close once since 94....it is tough being a Ranger fan no matter where you are from . :nod:

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects/anthony-duclair/news-rangers-sign-prospect-anthony-duclair/

Duclair is in his third-year in the QMJHL and has one-more year of eligibility left. If he doesn’t make the Rangers next season his contract will slide and not count against the Rangers list of 50 contracts.

http://rangersunlimited.com/2014/01/02/rangers-sign-anthony-duclair/

As for the immediate impact, there isn’t much. Duclair will continue to play for Quebec in QMJHL and his contract will slide provided he doesn’t play in 10 NHL games this season. His contract could slide next season as well, meaning his contract wouldn’t officially start until his first professional season at age 20. In any year in which his contract slides, the contract will not count against the limit of 50 contracts all NHL teams have imposed on them.

Should settle the Duclair slide issue on his effect on the 50 SPC limit this year. 47. Graves and Duclair slide. Sign John Moore. 48 SPCs. 2 spots open.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects/anthony-duclair/news-rangers-sign-prospect-anthony-duclair/

[/B]

http://rangersunlimited.com/2014/01/02/rangers-sign-anthony-duclair/

Should settle the Duclair slide issue on his effect on the 50 SPC limit this year. 47. Graves and Duclair slide. Sign John Moore. 48 SPCs. 2 spots open.

That doesn't actually clear it up or settle it. Journalists can be wrong about this stuff. By the date of the announcement, they would be wrong. The question is whether or not Duclair's contract was registered before January 1. Those articles don't answer it.

AHB*

Yeah, you say that now. :laugh:

Ok, ok. At least a while. I honestly can't even fathom one. So it's hard to be greedy and want 2 or more.

Obviously a dynasty would be a dream, but I just need to see one in my lifetime as it stands at this moment.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
That doesn't actually clear it up or settle it. Journalists can be wrong about this stuff. By the date of the announcement, they would be wrong. The question is whether or not Duclair's contract was registered before January 1. Those articles don't answer it.
Correct. They can often be wrong. But if they are wrong in this specific instance, which I doubt, then the front office are dumber than previously imagined. Time will tell soon enough

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Called the Hayes signing months ago
Great news
48 contracts with J Moore = 49
Expect a minor deal moving a contract (Yogan?) and a Carcillo/Carter signing on the cheap

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Called the Hayes signing months ago
Great news
48 contracts with J Moore = 49
Expect a minor deal moving a contract (Yogan?) and a Carcillo/Carter signing on the cheap
Doubt there are any more additions. Simply no room and enough competition as it is. Sign J Moore and lets go to war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad