NHL: Around the League 52

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I can't stand vegas. I hope they lose.

I want the stars to win the Cup so Pavelski can get his ring. I think they can beat the avs

Pavelski is great, but Dallas doesn't have the horses to get a cup IMO. At least, they don't have the next gear that the Avs, Oilers, Panthers and Canes have. Would love if they knock off Vegas regardless.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Pavelski is great, but Dallas doesn't have the horses to get a cup IMO. At least, they don't have the next gear that the Avs, Oilers, Panthers and Canes have. Would love if they knock off Vegas regardless.

The stars can play with anyone. 3 good scoring lines. It depends how Oettinger plays. They are a lot like Florida.

They can beat the avs. Georgiev is a sieve.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Perry takes a hard fall and is helped off the ice. Also took a tripping penalty on the play.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Edmonton still relies on their powerplay to win and I’m tired of pretending otherwise.

If they were facing a more competent team than the Kings, they’d be down.

Last edited:

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
PLD is such a moron. Dumb penalty that leads to the Oil taking the lead. I hope Ed doesn’t win shit . Ever. Cannot stand Drai, Kane, etc. Team full of tools.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
How could anyone not want to see McDavid win a Cup?

I hope he does.

In a fantasy world if he doesn't win in Edmonton in the next few seasons... It would be funny if he signed in Colorado for 3 years for 6 mil total. I'm sure he would win one then.

It might not be as fantasy as you think. Years ago Colorado did that with Kariya and Selanne but the experiment failed miserably. Would still be funny though. It would definitely tick the NHLPA off.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I hope he does.

In a fantasy world if he doesn't win in Edmonton in the next few seasons... It would be funny if he signed in Colorado for 3 years for 6 mil total. I'm sure he would win one then.

It might not be as fantasy as you think. Years ago Colorado did that with Kariya and Selanne but the experiment failed miserably. Would still be funny though. It would definitely tick the NHLPA off.
Maybe HE is our Hossa-esque UFA signing. He’ll be 30 when his current deal is up. 7 years $15m AAV baby!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
McDavid you pay. You turn Kurashev into a ppg winger. He's that guy.

That's true for all but 2 players in the league.

McDavid and Bedard when he turns 30.

I feel like giving him 7 years and 15m per year at age 30 will be a terrible decision a few years after that deal is signed. He has a lot of injury history. I don't know how well his body holds up as he gets well into his 30's, and that's the kind of contract that breaks an organization's ability to have any flexibility. It's just a no from me. I know what he is. I've watched him his entire career too. I think it would be a dumb decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wally1112pac

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I feel like giving him 7 years and 15m per year at age 30 will be a terrible decision a few years after that deal is signed. He has a lot of injury history. I don't know how well his body holds up as he gets well into his 30's, and that's the kind of contract that breaks an organization's ability to have any flexibility. It's just a no from me. I know what he is. I've watched him his entire career too. I think it would be a dumb decision.
Cap will be much higher in 3 years. and then even higher in years 5, 6, 7. He's probably the only player I'd be willing to give it to.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Cap will be much higher in 3 years. and then even higher in years 5, 6, 7. He's probably the only player I'd be willing to give it to.
Just a projection. From 19-20 to 21-22, the cap stayed the same for 3 seasons, then only rose by 1m the next season, in 22-23. The cap can go stagnant. To me, I'd be concerned with a cap hit of that nature for a player on the wrong side of 30, no matter who he is.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Just a projection. From 19-20 to 21-22, the cap stayed the same for 3 seasons, then only rose by 1m the next season, in 22-23. The cap can go stagnant. To me, I'd be concerned with a cap hit of that nature for a player on the wrong side of 30, no matter who he is.
That was a 3 year stagnation because of covid. Economic impacts happen but don't avoid doing things for a once a century type impact.

Matthews is out for Toronto again. So I take it we can count that as another Leafs win

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
That was a 3 year stagnation because of covid. Economic impacts happen but don't avoid doing things for a once a century type impact.

Matthews is out for Toronto again. So I take it we can count that as another Leafs win
What will he be in 3 years time, though, or 5 years time, to offer him 15m per year from ages 30-38? You're talking about giving a guy around 20% of your cap... in his 30's. I don't see how that's even close to a good decision in a salary-capped league. Right now he's 16.7%... and that's high. And that's with Drais making just 8.5m and being 11% of the cap, when he's probably worth quite a bit more. What does Edmonton have to show for it? When have they been able to put together a team, without holes, that is capable of winning a Cup?

And once in a century impact? Sure, maybe in his 20-28 years. But 30-38? Don't think that's the case.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad