2014/15 Lineup????

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Agree on Nystrom and Clune.

Hipcheck is going to hate me for saying this but I don't know why Nystrom has a roster spot. He doesn't hit like Tootoo, can't fight and is horrible on the backcheck.

But hey, let's give him a huge contract, get less production from him than Tootoo and then defend the signing because it makes sense. Clune has no business being on the roster. Nystrom is borderline to me at best. I think Gaustad is fine as a 4th line center but not for the money he makes. We could have a 4th line for the money that Gaustad makes. Oh well.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Ok let me ask this to those questioning where some have ranked Stalberg. And this is in no way to come to any player's defense, more curiosity than anything else. Looking through this thread, it seems the top 3 mentioned on the top line with Neal and Ribeiro are Wilson, Cullen and Stalberg. Yet Stalberg is the only one called out/questioned as to why does he deserve to be there. What makes Wilson deserve to be on the top line? Wilson is in a make or break it year and hasn't really done anything other than shown flashes of potential and that's it.

Personally I don't care who goes where as that's up to the coach, I just hope that Nystrom and Clune stay on the 4th line. Neither should be any higher than that.

Neither (Wilson or Stalberg) has shown much finishing ability. Wilson has shown a lot more set-up ability. The problem has always been that he sets up people with no finish. My hopes are that Neil will change this.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
my thing with Stalberg is just that he needs a fair shake. If he can't produce with Neal and Ribeiro on his same line, then he doesn't deserve the spot. But either way, I cannot and will not believe that he isn't either on the first line with Ribeiro and Neal or the second line which will be anchored by Roy.

Either way, in a system like PL's, Stalberg will receive top 6 minutes with who we have on the roster or should get those minutes until he continues to not prove it.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
my thing with Stalberg is just that he needs a fair shake. If he can't produce with Neal and Ribeiro on his same line, then he doesn't deserve the spot. But either way, I cannot and will not believe that he isn't either on the first line with Ribeiro and Neal or the second line which will be anchored by Roy.

Either way, in a system like PL's, Stalberg will receive top 6 minutes with who we have on the roster or should get those minutes until he continues to not prove it.

If Stålberg struggles on the 1st line he may be moved to the 3rd line (if we roll three scoring lines) just to be matched up against weaker competition. Maybe playing with two of Jokinen, Cullen, Järnkrok, Forsberg or Bourque could work. The line would provide speed and offense if played against a checking line. They could catch a few teams off guard if used correctly. I also think Stålberg needs to spend more time on the powerplay. I expect Stålberg to have a bounce back season.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I think everyone for the most part is going to have to earn their time. There is nothing set here. Everyone is coming in with a clean slate. I think the only sure things are that Rinne is the starter and Weber and Josi are the top pairing defensively. Beyond that, roll the dice and see where the chips may fall.

SeventyOneTN

Oct 26, 2009
I think everyone for the most part is going to have to earn their time. There is nothing set here. Everyone is coming in with a clean slate. I think the only sure things are that Rinne is the starter and Weber and Josi are the top pairing defensively. Beyond that, roll the dice and see where the chips may fall.

Bingo, if based upon past results Stalberg is given 1st line minutes and pp time we are in trouble. If he is a good match and earns it, then good for him.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013

I think it's a sure thing we see Neal-Ribeiro on the top line as well

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I would say certain guys are set or at least expected to be in certain places.

Neil and Ribiero on the first line
Roy as the second or third line center
Jarnkrok is probably penciled in on the third more than likely, but if he plays well wouldn't shock me to see him on the second.
Gaustad is the 4th line guy.

The only way I see those being any different is if someone comes into camp and just goes nuts and they need to do some roster moving.

wentz22

Nov 21, 2013
I'd like to see something like:

??? - Riberio - Neal

Wilson - Roy - Smith

Jokinen - Jarnkrok - Forsberg

Nystrom - Gaustad - Clune/Bourque

Cullen/Stalberg

Regardless of how we scramble these lines for the next 2 months 1 thing stays the same. These lines are going to be even more messy once Fisher returns.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
McCarthy has already talked about Stålberg and Cullen has produced for Laviolette before. Neither will be the 13th forward unless one completely fails at producing any offense.

Rankelson

Sep 23, 2010
Olli Jokinen should not play W. He has been tried there a number of times and never succeeded. I'd put Jokinen to C in the 3rd and Cullen to W.

Neal - Ribeiro - Stålberg/Järnkrok/Forsberg

Wilson - Roy - Smith

Cullen - Jokinen - Stålberg/Järnkrok/Forsberg

Nystrom - Gaustad - Bourque

Clune - Stålberg/Järnkrok/Forsberg

It's interesting to see who will be traded to make room for Fish..

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Olli Jokinen should not play W. He has been tried there a number of times and never succeeded. I'd put Jokinen to C in the 3rd and Cullen to W.

Wilson - Roy - Smith

Poile already stated that Cullen, Wilson and Olli would all be playing wing this season. I think the plan is to let Jarnkrok sink or swim at that 3rd C spot to try to develop him into a top 6 role.
I'm not sure that we'll even have to worry about Fisher returning this season. Achilles rupture for an elite level athlete is about a 9month/year long recovery.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014

Wilson - Roy - Smith

Considering that most of the centers on the roster will be gone next year, Jarnkrok needs to be groomed at center. We will need him to be one of our top two centers next year and beyond. I think that he will start the season as the 3rd line center.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Poile already stated that Cullen, Wilson and Olli would all be playing wing this season. I think the plan is to let Jarnkrok sink or swim at that 3rd C spot to try to develop him into a top 6 role.
I'm not sure that we'll even have to worry about Fisher returning this season. Achilles rupture for an elite level athlete is about a 9month/year long recovery.

I'm pretty sure Poile said Olli is penciled in at center, but can play wing if need be. Either way, it's up to Lavi, so who knows how it will play out. I'm sure there will be plenty of shuffling around.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'm pretty sure Poile said Olli is penciled in at center, but can play wing if need be. Either way, it's up to Lavi, so who knows how it will play out. I'm sure there will be plenty of shuffling around.

He also said that before he signed Ribeiro and Roy.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Mark my word it will be Ribs, Roy, Cullen, Gaustad down the middle to start the season. When Fisher returns we will either be looking to sell or he will move Roy to wing on the second line.

Joke, Wilson, and Jarnkrok will have to play wing to make the team.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
In the Ribiero presser, Poile said that Ribeiro, Roy, Jarnkrok, and Gaustad were penciled in at center in that order. He did say that he doesn't want to make the coaching decisions though, but this is the best info that we have to go on until training camp. The guys can always play their way onto or out of certain positions once they hit the ice.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Mark my word it will be Ribs, Roy, Cullen, Gaustad down the middle to start the season. When Fisher returns we will either be looking to sell or he will move Roy to wing on the second line.

Joke, Wilson, and Jarnkrok will have to play wing to make the team.

Cullen may start there but will last no more than 5 games there. He's ok as a fill in, but he's lost his mojo as a full time center and needs to be on wing. He was horrible there last year.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Cullen may start there but will last no more than 5 games there. He's ok as a fill in, but he's lost his mojo as a full time center and needs to be on wing. He was horrible there last year.

I thought Cullen played well when he moved to the wing. I bet he plays with Jarnkrok as a good veteran presence to help him acclimate to not only an NHL center role but also in Lavy's system.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I thought Cullen played well when he moved to the wing. I bet he plays with Jarnkrok as a good veteran presence to help him acclimate to not only an NHL center role but also in Lavy's system.

That's what I meant. He was horrible at center. Better at wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad