2014/15 Lineup????

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
yes, and was far more productive on the wing

that's what I thought. I like him on the wing. and I definitely think Jarnkrok should be a shoe in for the 3rd line C spot.

It's important he is getting NHL time in order to progress and that was one of the issues he had at Detroit, they weren't playing him at the NHL level.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
didn't Cullen play the wing mostly last year with the exception of a few situational draws and in-game adjustments?

He centered the third line for most of the year until getting injured. While he was out, Wilson got his audition at center. Wilson played well enough that Cullen never regained his center position. Cullen also caught fire on Fisher's wing and had almost 1/2 his points after the switch (in the last few weeks of the season).

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
He centered the third line for most of the year until getting injured. While he was out, Wilson got his audition at center. Wilson played well enough that Cullen never regained his center position. Cullen also caught fire on Fisher's wing and had almost 1/2 his points after the switch (in the last few weeks of the season).

Which is why I think he should not touch the center position unless he has to in order to cover for injuries, but with as many centers as we have, if we have that many injured then we have other problems.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
How different will the responsibilities of the center position be under Lavy than they were under Trotz. I wouldn't base last years performance in a position on this years performance - at least not completely.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I base my opinion not on how he did under Trotz but the fact that he's 38. I think he can be effective where he can skate a little less total distance.

I based him being the third line center because he is very familiar with PL's system as he played in it in Carolina. I also remember seeing a quote from DP that Cullen would likely play center with Fisher out with the injury. It will be a very interesting camp for sure. I hope to make it out to at least one of the practices to see how things are shaping up.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I based him being the third line center because he is very familiar with PL's system as he played in it in Carolina. I also remember seeing a quote from DP that Cullen would likely play center with Fisher out with the injury. It will be a very interesting camp for sure. I hope to make it out to at least one of the practices to see how things are shaping up.

And this quote was made before the Roy and Ribeiro signings. At the Ribeiro Presser Poile said the centers would likely be Ribeiro, Roy, Jarnkrok and Gaustad.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
And this quote was made before the Roy and Ribeiro signings. At the Ribeiro Presser Poile said the centers would likely be Ribeiro, Roy, Jarnkrok and Gaustad.

As is it should be, Cullen played very well at wing towards the end of the season. Just wonder who his style will work best with, my guess is Hook and Stalberg/Forsberg

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
I base my opinion not on how he did under Trotz but the fact that he's 38. I think he can be effective where he can skate a little less total distance.

Ok, that makes sense. I've read a lot of comments pegging guys at positions based on their performance last year without giving more detail.

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I just noticed that the Preds' roster now has all the players' numbers listed. Here are the new additions:

42nyuug.jpg

txP3lqI.jpg

oAszIk7.jpg

0cBYsaW.jpg

fR6wTCw.jpg

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Have we ever had a 63? I think the last 21 we had was Foppa.

Josef Vašíček (RIP) wore #63 in 2006-07.

Triston Grant (2009-10), Zack Stortini (2011-12) and Simon Moser (2013-14) were the last ones to wear #21 for us after Peter Forsberg in 2006-07.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
To start the season:

Neal - Ribeiro - Smith
Wilson - OJ - Jarnkrok
Stalberg - Roy - Forsberg
Bourque - Gaustad - Cullen/Nystrom
Nystrom/Cullen
Cliche
Fisher (OUT)

Very very tough to predict where everybody will play. Im personally not sold on Jarnkrok being an effective NHL player yet, not to mention Forsberg. But its worth it to at least give them a shot. After Fisher returns its possible they could both be sent down and play together on a top line role. If Stalberg just doesnt seem to get it going Cullen can be moved to top 9. Alot of different variations, but i'd like to see this lineup.

Josi - Weber
Ekholm - Jones
Volchenkov - Ellis
Bartley

Defense is pretty clear to me.

Rinne
Hutton

Hopefully Rinne can have a good season now that he's completely healthy.

Plenty of cap space to make a move on the trade deadline if they somehow are making the playoffs at that point.

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
To start the season:

Neal - Ribeiro - Smith
Wilson - OJ - Jarnkrok
Stalberg - Roy - Forsberg
Bourque - Gaustad - Cullen/Nystrom
Nystrom/Cullen
Cliche
Fisher (OUT)

Very very tough to predict where everybody will play. Im personally not sold on Jarnkrok being an effective NHL player yet, not to mention Forsberg. But its worth it to at least give them a shot. After Fisher returns its possible they could both be sent down and play together on a top line role. If Stalberg just doesnt seem to get it going Cullen can be moved to top 9. Alot of different variations, but i'd like to see this lineup.

Josi - Weber
Ekholm - Jones
Volchenkov - Ellis
Bartley

Defense is pretty clear to me.

Rinne
Hutton

Hopefully Rinne can have a good season now that he's completely healthy.

Plenty of cap space to make a move on the trade deadline if they somehow are making the playoffs at that point.

Interested in who's going to be the odd men out. The "camp competition" line by Poile will not pan out if he means one of his 2013 or 2014 signings will be replaced by the youngster for Opening Night. That will not happen. So, Neal, Ribs, OJ, and Roy are made guys unless they get hurt. Wilson, Smith, Stals, Goose, Nystrom, and Cullen are also in unless they get hurt or really screw-the-pouch in pre-season.

That leaves the up-and-comers (Forsberg, Sissons & Hook), bubble-guy Bourque, perma-scratch Clune, and Xmas present Fisher.

There are 16 forwards on the roster right now, counting Fisher. So that's 15 guys competing for a spot on Opening night. I listed 10 above as made guys. Assume Clune gets a spot because he uniquely occupies the only goon role. That leaves Forsberg, Sissons, Hook and Bourque fighting for 3 slots in October and 2 slots in December when Fisher returns. Sissons will probably fall out initially. You only keep Forsberg and/or Hook up if they're gonna play and not be scratched.

So, Bourque will probably make it because he can be scratched. If you keep Bourque and Clune and scratch them, you can play Forsberg and Hook. If Bourque plays, then likely Forsberg gets sent down.

I know we're down on Cullen, Stals and put up with the narrow roles Goose and Nystrom provide, but if they're on the roster and healthy, they will play.

Throw in the fresh performance criteria of Lavy and this is going to be a fun pre-season.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I don't see how Nystrom or Stalberg are locks ahead of Bourque.

Poile also said Jarnkrok will be on the roster.

Jarnkrok really deserves a roster spot. Out of all the forward to play their first NHL with the Predators over the years he really did shine. I'm not just talking about his points either. He was very strong on both ends of the ice. looking forward to seeing him for a full season.

SeventyOneTN

Oct 26, 2009
Interested in who's going to be the odd men out. The "camp competition" line by Poile will not pan out if he means one of his 2013 or 2014 signings will be replaced by the youngster for Opening Night. That will not happen. So, Neal, Ribs, OJ, and Roy are made guys unless they get hurt. Wilson, Smith, Stals, Goose, Nystrom, and Cullen are also in unless they get hurt or really screw-the-pouch in pre-season.

That leaves the up-and-comers (Forsberg, Sissons & Hook), bubble-guy Bourque, perma-scratch Clune, and Xmas present Fisher.

There are 16 forwards on the roster right now, counting Fisher. So that's 15 guys competing for a spot on Opening night. I listed 10 above as made guys. Assume Clune gets a spot because he uniquely occupies the only goon role. That leaves Forsberg, Sissons, Hook and Bourque fighting for 3 slots in October and 2 slots in December when Fisher returns. Sissons will probably fall out initially. You only keep Forsberg and/or Hook up if they're gonna play and not be scratched.

So, Bourque will probably make it because he can be scratched. If you keep Bourque and Clune and scratch them, you can play Forsberg and Hook. If Bourque plays, then likely Forsberg gets sent down.

I know we're down on Cullen, Stals and put up with the narrow roles Goose and Nystrom provide, but if they're on the roster and healthy, they will play.

Throw in the fresh performance criteria of Lavy and this is going to be a fun pre-season.

I don't sweat when Fisher comes back. We don't even know when that will be, plus other injuries will happen.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Rumors abound that we're on the short list for Kevin Hayes. I'm not against the signing - a free asset never hurts - but where does he fit?

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
After Weber/Josi, the only question marks I see on D is who will pair up with who and which pairing gets more ice time? Could Bartley even beat out Volchenkov for an opening night spot? Doubtful, but crazier things have happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad