2014/15 Lineup????

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Do you guys think Forsberg will make the team? And what would you guys predict points-wise?

His chances to make the team took a huge hit after the Roy and Ribeiro signings last week. He likely will spend the season in Milwaukee. It's not that he doesn't deserve a shot. Just the issue is the team has too many forwards now so there is no room.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Yes because I believe Poile has one more trade up his sleeve to move out some other forwards.

i don't usually agree with you predshabs, but i'm with you on this. too many forwards, I gotta think he wants Forsberg to play up with the big guys cuz of Lavy's new system being put in....Forsberg makes the team, Poile has one more trade..

agreed.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
i don't usually agree with you predshabs, but i'm with you on this. too many forwards, I gotta think he wants Forsberg to play up with the big guys cuz of Lavy's new system being put in....Forsberg makes the team, Poile has one more trade..

agreed.

That's the only way Forsberg makes the team.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
We usually roll with 13-14 forwards and 7 defensemen. The defensemen are set, they're not changing.

Forwards. (Fisher on IR will not take a roster spot out of camp)

1. Neal
2. Smith
3. Ribeiro
4. Roy
5. Wilson
6. Stalberg
7. Jokinen
8. Cullen
9. Gaustad
10. Bourque
11. Clune
12. Nystrom
13. Sissons
14. Forsberg
15. Jarnkrok

One or two of these guys are not going to make it out of camp. I think under Laviolette, Forsberg will have a better chance than Sissons. Opposite is true under Trotz. However, I don't see either making it right out of camp if we don't have a single injury.

By the first month though, I think Forsberg is on the roster. I also see an under performing player traded off after Laviolette gets a feel for the roster.

My guess is that Nystrom is the odd man out and Clune is a healthy scratch a lot.

I like Bourque but he has to produce, if not Watson will get a long look in that spot.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN

agreed.

But what is that trade? The only thing I could see him doing is a little trade that consist of Player for a Pick, or a large package which allows Poile to move in Sissons/Jarnkrok/Forsberg to play almost full time, with competition. I just don't think we have the assets to land a top player, unless we move out Forsberg/Jarnkrok or the big 3. I'd say Kamenev would be a good piece to move, but he's russian and that'll drop his value.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
That's the only way Forsberg makes the team.

I see Forsberg in Milwaukee. It's the best for him and the team. Which is going to be awesome because there are 5-7 forwards who could make the Preds next year in Milwaukee and 5 UFA's next year: Roy, Jokinen, Fisher, Ribeiro, Cullen.

The real ***** will be if Fisher comes back from injury and the Preds have to make a move for him. Funny thing is projection wise Fisher will be EXACTLY what the team needs because I see the Preds short of two-way forwards....Dear ****ing god that was awkward to type.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
IF I had my way, this would be our line-up, with Fisher out.

Neal-Ribeiro-Wilson
Smith-Jarnkrok-Forsberg
Bourque-Roy-Cullen
Jokinen-Gaustad-Sissons/Watson

It's not going to happen but I think that's our best players

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
But what is that trade? The only thing I could see him doing is a little trade that consist of Player for a Pick, or a large package which allows Poile to move in Sissons/Jarnkrok/Forsberg to play almost full time, with competition. I just don't think we have the assets to land a top player, unless we move out Forsberg/Jarnkrok or the big 3. I'd say Kamenev would be a good piece to move, but he's russian and that'll drop his value.

Kamenev, Järnkrok and Forsberg should not be moved. When was the last time we had prospects like them in our system? Add in Åberg, Leipsic, Arvidsson and Fiala and we're looking at something we've never had. Legit offensive prospects instead of two-way forwards. I say let them develop.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
I see Forsberg in Milwaukee. It's the best for him and the team. Which is going to be awesome because there are 5-7 forwards who could make the Preds next year in Milwaukee and 5 UFA's next year: Roy, Jokinen, Fisher, Ribeiro, Cullen.

The real ***** will be if Fisher comes back from injury and the Preds have to make a move for him. Funny thing is projection wise Fisher will be EXACTLY what the team needs because I see the Preds short of two-way forwards....Dear ****ing god that was awkward to type.

I think you need to take a timeout after that one

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN

Like it has Datsyuk's and Ovie's? Do we really need to be making comments like this around here?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Like it has Datsyuk's and Ovie's? Do we really need to be making comments like this around here?

it was said he was a late first round talent but the Russian factor dropped him back some so I'd say it's accurate. his value would be higher if he was Canadian... But maybe I'm missing something fcm

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN

Did i offend you or something?

If he was an established NHL player, his Russian factor wouldn't be a problem. You would be oblivious if you think his value isn't impacted at all because he will be in the KHL for the next two years. Not many Russian prospects come over unless they are high impact players, I am not saying he won't come over. All I'm stating is his value isn't as high, because he is a Russian prospect and not born in another European country.

This is a topic that is something we can discuss, with or without the prior Radulov drama. These are two completely different players, and humans. I am not throwing them in the same category of being head-cases, Im just saying his trade value is not as high. I think you need to relax..

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
This may or may not be something that happens but boy it could throw a monkey wrench into the NHL.

The measures, including asset freezes and visa bans, affect people close to the Kremlin, and Western leaders hope those hurt by the sanctions will pressure Russian President Vladimir Putin to limit his reach in Ukraine and de-escalate the crisis there.

I redacted this to keep it politically correct for the boards that part thats concerning for the NHL is the VISA bans if the work visa's get banned theres a tilit in some team in the league.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
IF I had my way, this would be our line-up, with Fisher out.

Neal-Ribeiro-Wilson
Smith-Jarnkrok-Forsberg
Bourque-Roy-Cullen
Jokinen-Gaustad-Sissons/Watson

It's not going to happen but I think that's our best players

Where'd Stalberg go?

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I frankly don't think you will see anything til after camp. If something happens and one of the young guys just flat beats out one of the old guys we signed, it could be as simple as just waiving someone.

My guess is though that someone gets traded for just a simple pick, unless some team comes a knocking with an obvious trade.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
that's what I meant about a trade. Just a player for a pick. I don't see a blockbuster move.

But oh how nice it'd be if Evander Kane would be coming over for a deal of Wilson + Ellis + '16 1st rd.

Done and Done.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Neal ribeiro Wilson
Forsberg Roy smith
Jokinen jarnkrok Cullen
Sissons gaustad nystrom

Weber josi
Jones volchenkov
Ellis ekholm

Rinne
Hutton

Fisher? Watson? Beck? Stalberg? Bourque? Clune? Moser?

Personally I think clune should play fourth line regularly an switch back and forth with sissons. I think he would be wise to be in the lineup just for ribeiro to talk to and have his support if need be.

The Kane dream is good but it's just a dream. Jets are division rivals.

I would not mind is throwing a bunch at Columbus for johansen since they aren't division rivals anymore, but don't think rj gets moved to be honest.

We have insane depth, especially when fish is back, gon get crazy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad