2014/15 Lineup????

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
So a week or 2 ago I started a thread asking if Nashville will become an offensive team here soon.... Today they acquired James Neal which I think was a deadly trade by Poile.... What is everyones prediction for the 2014/15 Predators Lineup??? All four lines and 3 sets of D... lets see it!!!

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
So a week or 2 ago I started a thread asking if Nashville will become an offensive team here soon.... Today they acquired James Neal which I think was a deadly trade by Poile.... What is everyones prediction for the 2014/15 Predators Lineup??? All four lines and 3 sets of D... lets see it!!!

Too soon to tell. Wait at least another week for any FA signings. But probably need to see training camp.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
I think we go hard after Stastny now.

Neal - Stastny - Wilson?
Forsberg - Wilson/Jarnkrok - Smith
Cullen - Fisher - Stalberg

Jeez this trade.. We fleeced em BAD imo

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I think we go hard after Stastny now.

Neal - Stastny - Wilson?
Forsberg - Wilson/Jarnkrok - Smith
Cullen - Fisher - Stalberg

Jeez this trade.. We fleeced em BAD imo

I don't know if that's our starting T-9 ... I think something else is in the works, god could you imagine ROR instead of Stastny? ... *would cry tears of joy*

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Whats your guys prediction for Forsberg points next year and year after??... real intrigued by this guy and really hope he clicks with a couple guys and puts up a ton of points

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
I still see a gaping hole in the top 6. Hopefully we're not done.

Forsberg is most likely AHL bound. He's got a bit of seasoning to do. No telling what he'll do in the NHL. I'd like to see him progress in the AHL first.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Who has a higher point total ceiling.... Forsberg or Jarnkrok... haven't seen either play, just have read up on them alot

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
what are the chances Miikka Salomaki cracks the lineup next year?? impressive point total and looks like he plays real gritty finishing off with 83pims. as a rookie

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
I don't know if that's our starting T-9 ... I think something else is in the works, god could you imagine ROR instead of Stastny? ... *would cry tears of joy*

But for what? We've got those 2 seconds. I REALLY think Poile knows something, like getting a pretty good interest from Stastny or something. Everyone knows Neal needs a guy to set him up and we don't have that. This is a great trade even though he's an ******* but he scores!

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
what are the chances Miikka Salomaki cracks the lineup next year?? impressive point total and looks like he plays real gritty finishing off with 83pims. as a rookie

Very slim, he's a gritty player and we don't have needs for that. I think he will stay in Milwaukee this year and put up 60 points, and then make the team the next year.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Lines

I have very clear lines in my head:

Wilson - Fisher - Neal
Why:
Gives you 2 centers on top line. Fisher can do the dirty work. Wilson along with Fisher will make sure to get the puck to Neal for his deadly 1-timer. This line will work!

Forsberg - Jarnkrok - Smith
Why:
Similar idea with 2 centers for face offs. I think the 2 Swedes will eventually find chemistry. I see Forsberg as more of the finisher on this line. Smith will do the dirty work but will also score 20 goals.

Bourque - Cullen - Stalberg
Why:
This could become a very strong 3rd line. All 3 have some skill and work hard.

Nystrom - Gaustad - Sissons
Why:
I want to see Sissons get NHL experience. If he is not ready then put Clune or Moser in his spot. Pretty solid 4th line !

I think the Neal trade totally change the dynamic of this team! Now you have a pure goal-scorer who will score 30+ goals no matter which Center you put him in with. Now that you have some young Centers with upside guys like Neal will only benefit!

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Still believe Poile goes after Stastny, Spezza, and worse case Brad Richards. We need a playmaker at the Center position, to maximize Neals potential

Another thought, Neal is left handed and Shea is right handed.. Bombs from the point on the PP. We WILL be deadly on the power play.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
xxx-xxx-Neal
xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-Gaustad-xxx

Weber-Josi
Jones-xxx
xxx-xxx

Rinne
Hutton

That is literally all I am sure about. Anyone could be on any line. Way too early to know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad