WJC: 2014 — Canada Roster Talk (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Eh as far as I'm concerned those are he only three locks as of now. Horvat impresses me tonight who knows.

I wouldnt have Laughton locked into the fourth line spot. He could very well end up as the first line center, racking up points, 2 way game and fairly physical

MyNameIsNobody*

I wouldnt have Laughton locked into the fourth line spot. He could very well end up as the first line center, racking up points, 2 way game and fairly physical

Enough with the OHL...they played like garbage tonight...the NUMBER 1 line will be Drioun Mantha and maybe Hudon...they deserve at least a consideration for the number 1 line...

MyNameIsNobody*

Let me know what you guys think of this:

The only 3 players from the Q to make it are Hudon, Drouin, and Mantha, who will represent Canada's top line.

I'm not saying this is what I actually think, but it's a passing thought, perhaps worth some consideration and discussion.

Considering how poorly the OHL played tonight (And im VERY VERY PROUD of my Quebec players for playing the way they did - at least the top line...) Hudon Drouin and Mantha should be given a chance at Number 1 line for Canada ... I would also want MORIN to be given consideration considering how POORLY team OHL played

I hope WHL has better defense men

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Enough with the OHL...they played like garbage tonight...the NUMBER 1 line will be Drioun Mantha and maybe Hudon...they deserve at least a consideration for the number 1 line...

If Drouin plays wing Laughton could be the first line C. I would like to see that Q line kept together as well but I'm just saying I'm not sure I would pencil Laughton in at fourth line center. he could be much higher

MyNameIsNobody*

If Drouin plays wing Laughton could be the first line C. I would like to see that Q line kept together as well but I'm just saying I'm not sure I would pencil Laughton in at fourth line center. he could be much higher

I had enough of non QMJHL coaches loading up on OHL or WHL players when non deserving...this time around i want to see a couple MORE QMJHL players on this team...i think they deserve it this time around... If Laughton plays his way up to 1st liner with Drouin, i see no issue with that..but he needs to earn it....Just like QMJHL players have had to earn it in MANY previous YEARS

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
I had enough of non QMJHL coaches loading up on OHL or WHL players when non deserving...this time around i want to see a couple MORE QMJHL players on this team...i think they deserve it this time around... If Laughton plays his way up to 1st liner with Drouin, i see no issue with that..but he needs to earn it....Just like QMJHL players have had to earn it in MANY previous YEARS

You have enough of a bunch of stuff ;)

Not sure what the odds are of seeing Anderson on the team but I wouldn't mind him on a 4th line with Girard. I don't know about Anderson's defensive abilities but pretty sure these 2 could kill quite a bit of time cycling the puck in the offensive zone.

MyNameIsNobody*

You have enough of a bunch of stuff ;)

Not sure what the odds are of seeing Anderson on the team but I wouldn't mind him on a 4th line with Girard. I don't know about Anderson's defensive abilities but pretty sure these 2 could kill quite a bit of time cycling the puck in the offensive zone.

Im worried about our Defense....I want Morin to be in the conversation....especially after tonight's OHL disgrace, i am hoping for WHL defense men to show up....

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

The OHL didnt play well but outside of the Q top line neither did anyone from the Q really. Girard seemed to help his chances but he was a long shot and Fucale stayed about where he was

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Players from the Q?

Drouin, Hudon are locks. Mantha is a virtual lock.

I know that I'd give strong consideration to Fucale, Poirier, Gauthier, Girard, with the lesser of those players being Gauthier. I don't see Poirier being THAT MUCH of a pest. This said, Poirier might just possibly be the most dangerous PK'er on that team. Those who get to watch him understand what I mean.

Girard is a very interesting candidate, but offensive upside is really low.

Another name not really mentionned, but really turning heads is Gregoire, and that's also a guy possibly coming back next season.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The OHL didnt play well but outside of the Q top line neither did anyone from the Q really. Girard seemed to help his chances but he was a long shot and Fucale stayed about where he was

Gregoire did great.

The D was .. pretty bad though. In Gatineau, the best D was... Walcott? THAT is a problem.

MyNameIsNobody*

Players from the Q?

Drouin, Hudon are locks. Mantha is a virtual lock.

I know that I'd give strong consideration to Fucale, Poirier, Gauthier, Girard, with the lesser of those players being Gauthier. I don't see Poirier being THAT MUCH of a pest. This said, Poirier might just possibly be the most dangerous PK'er on that team. Those who get to watch him understand what I mean.

Girard is a very interesting candidate, but offensive upside is really low.

Another name not really mentionned, but really turning heads is Gregoire, and that's also a guy possibly coming back next season.

Fucale is a lock...like Hudon, Drouin and Mantha...we will have at least 4 QMJHL players, maybe Poirier...he should at least get an invite, and after tonight's OHL debacle, i think Morin should get in on the conversation...

These QMJHL players are not bottom feeders.....

arsmaster*

Im worried about our Defense....I want Morin to be in the conversation....especially after tonight's OHL disgrace, i am hoping for WHL defense men to show up....

I like Morin as a prospect but you clearly didn't watch the two games if your beating his drum that hard. He didn't play well in either.

MyNameIsNobody*

I like Morin as a prospect but you clearly didn't watch the two games if your beating his drum that hard. He didn't play well in either.

we need NET clearers....he is a net clearer...you can pair him up with someone better, but we need a net clearer...we cant have offensive defense men only...we wont go anywhere...at least invite him to camp and we see if he makes it...simple...

MyNameIsNobody*

Morin would have to show a lot in camp to make the team

I agree, but after seeing OHL tonight, i want an invite offered to Morin...i want to see what he can do against the best we have...i want him at camp, let him earn his way..at least give him experience for next year...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I agree, but after seeing OHL tonight, i want an invite offered to Morin...i want to see what he can do against the best we have...i want him at camp, let him earn his way..at least give him experience for next year...

I actually can't see Morin NOT getting an invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad