2013 Sharks training camp

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I assume Pelech is the backup until Stuart is proven to be ready to go. It's also a cheaper alternative when they could use a backup at both forward and D for now. I don't think they'd put him in San Francisco just to call him back up here and then send him down before the first game. I would assume Hamilton going down is simply a cap move in relation to Pelech but I don't know why it wasn't done sooner.

AbsolonMoreau*

I assume Pelech is the backup until Stuart is proven to be ready to go. It's also a cheaper alternative when they could use a backup at both forward and D for now. I don't think they'd put him in San Francisco just to call him back up here and then send him down before the first game. I would assume Hamilton going down is simply a cap move in relation to Pelech but I don't know why it wasn't done sooner.

It's possible they just wanted a guy to go out there and fight while they roll 3 lines in case anything happens.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Torres is on LTIR, Havlat is not.

And we still need space?

Anyway, Kurz and Pollak just confirmed that Pelech will play the opener because Todd wants toughness against the Canucks or some ******** like that. :shakehead

It's funny how one little thing on our 4th line can rob me of enthusiasm for the game.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
And we still need space?

Anyway, Kurz and Pollak just confirmed that Pelech will play the opener because Todd wants toughness against the Canucks or some ******** like that. :shakehead

It's funny how one little thing on our 4th line can rob me of enthusiasm for the game.

Its not that big of a deal to me. Bring on the game already.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
And we still need space?

Maybe Pelech will go after the Sedins like he's John Scott.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
(Mostly I'm just hoping that if I ***** about Pelech enough, he'll score a goal tomorrow a la Luke Gazdic.)

vilpertti

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
And we still need space?

After Integrity-Bieksa spears one of our forwards into the nuts again, you'll be happy Pelech can go out and pummel someone.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
After Integrity-Bieksa spears one of our forwards into the nuts again, you'll be happy Pelech can go out and pummel someone.

I'll only be happy if he pummels Bieksa, which would never happen because Bieksa would never fight anyone who actually knows how to fight (ie not Marleau).

But really, Pelech fighting Tom Sestito is not going to deter anything.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
The reason is obvious. They're targeting a return before 24 days into the season.

Haven't looked at cap geek. With Torres on ltir we can have both hertl and havlat play until Torres get back now? should have opened enough space

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
But really, Pelech fighting Tom Sestito is not going to deter anything.

Well it depends. If Pelech basically rips Sestito's soul out and throws it to his uncle Hades who jumps out of a portal center ice in front of everybody, I'm pretty sure the Canucks would just forfeit the rest of the season and/or quit hockey forever.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Really Tmac and DW!? Pelech can't play hockey

I'm not even really convinced he can win a fight yet...

If you are going to have an enforcer it needs to be one that is going to win, consistently. No one is intimidated by two guys holding each other sleeves and throwing wild punches at the back of each others heads...

Then again, I hate enforcers and think they are total embarrassment to the game.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
What if Hamilton just accept probably isn't ready for NHL duty. Hopefully he gets a couple call ups this year over Pelech later on.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
I'm not even really convinced he can win a fight yet...

If you are going to have an enforcer it needs to be one that is going to win, consistently. No one is intimidated by two guys holding each other sleeves and throwing wild punches at the back of each others heads...

Then again, I hate enforcers and think they are total embarrassment to the game.

IMO if you want to have an enforcer at least have a player that is capable of playing like a Clifford or Eager. I don't like the staged fights between two team's enforcers like the two Orr vs Parros fights last night. When the Sharks had Shelley and they were playing the Ducks, Shelley and Parros would eventually start fighting every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad