GDT: 2013 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
For anyone who's watched him closely, any chance Bertuzzi has the slightest chance of becoming a Marchand light at least?

Do you mean, can he slash people in the legs and dive like a 450 pound woman tripping on a bag of doritos? yes, yes he can do that. Do you mean, can he score 20 goals or 50 points in a season? no, no he really can't - honestly, even if he plays 500 games he will struggle to make those targets for his career.

Mount Royal

Achtung, baby
May 11, 2010
Montreal
Nah, you're probably not a scout because you aren't an ex hockey player who needed a job, and because you don't like cocoa and popcorn for dinner 100 nights a year

Good call :laugh:

Seriously, I hate this pick. I really want Buchnevich. I think we got a safe pick in the 2nd after taking a chance in the first. Why not take another chance while it's there?

He's got two years left on his KHL contract, fine. But it's not as if he was going to play on the Wings anytime soon. Unless they REALLY want him in Grand Rapids...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
The problem is, are the Red Wings even good at identifying guys who will make good NHL grinders? I'd rather they keep on drafting skilled players and pick up grinders via waivers and free agency or trade

True they haven't really showed it. Even guys like Sheahan, Andersson and Ferraro that look destined for the bottom six were drafted as more of skill guys.

I guess we'll see what the McKee's and Bertuzzi's can do with this supposed "new" drafting style.

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
Do you mean, can he slash people in the legs and dive like a 450 pound woman tripping on a bag of doritos? yes, yes he can do that. Do you mean, can he score 20 goals or 50 points in a season? no, no he really can't - honestly, even if he plays 500 games he will struggle to make those targets for his career.

Did ANYONE predict those numbers for Marchand in his draft year? If so, why did he go in the third round?

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
Why draft grinders? You can sign them for 1 mill a pop in the offseason. Do you know who you can't sign in the offseason? star players.

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
True they haven't really showed it. Even guys like Sheahan, Andersson and Ferraro that look destined for the bottom six were drafted as more of skill guys.

I guess we'll see what the McKee's and Bertuzzi's can do with this supposed "new" drafting style.

Don´t forget Mitchell Callahan! :yo:

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Are you people who are accusing ppl of "whining no matter what" freaking serious?

He is the 207th rated North American skater. Go watch a highlight video, he looks terrible. Those are HIGHLIGHTS. 207 is a way bigger number than 58.

Please, be reasonable. You can like the pick, nobody says you can't but don't say "boo hoo all you do is whine" when we reach 150 plus fing slots!

Edit: You people have me agreeing with RedWingsNow. THIS is why we can't have nice things damnit.

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
Why draft grinders? You can sign them for 1 mill a pop in the offseason. Do you know who you can't sign in the offseason? star players.

I just think they must see some offensive potential in him. If they had your view on him, surely they would NEVER have picked him.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Is Buchnevich still up, I hate how TSN decides to stop actually showing the picks.

Edit: nope Taken by NYR at 75, absolute steal IMO. Bertuzzi was a ****ing terrible pick.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
Did ANYONE predict those numbers for Marchand in his draft year? If so, why did he go in the third round?

Marchand scored 1 point per game in his draft year in the CHL. It wasn't unexpected that he could put up points.

Marchand had 95 points, +40 rating in his first 2 years in CHL.
Bertuzzi has 39 points, even rating in his first 2 years.

Marchand produced 20 playoff points in his first 2 years, Bertuzzi has 2.

Bertuzzi does have more PIM (185 to 135) so he will put his team on the penalty kill more often, so at least he contributes something....

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Well maybe this is a silver lining thing for us taking young tuzzi..... Big bert takes a ltir next year to open a forward spot on our team (for us drafting nephew)?

Or maybe this could turn into a steal if he develops into a mix type of marchand/tie domi ?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Compare the 2011 second rounder, Ouellet and Sproul and compare to these... :(

to be fair I remember people disliking the Ouellet pick when he was drafted

that said there's really no defending the Bertuzzi one,massive reach and his best case scenario is making the NHL as a 4th liner

just terrible for a 2nd round pick no matter how much they like him

RedWingsNow*

I know Dallas has better pick position -- but Nill's draft looks a lot more Red Wings-esque than our draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad