Prospect Info: 2013 Development Camp (July 3rd - July 7th)

PricePkPatch*

Hyperbole is a great way to make your point.

Missed with passive aggressiveness, it's a winning combo.

Ahhh.. guys, shush :laugh: You'll make me blush

My point is; people are extremely defensive of many of our prospects and don't seem to want to ever consider trading them in exchange of something else. Every one of our good prospect are "vital" to the future of the team, apparently, and should never be touched.

lewis black

Jul 23, 2008
I'd appreciate an evaluation of Magnus Nygren's camp. Does he have a shot at making the team or perhaps a mid-season callup?

Strengths/weaknesses

Thanks

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'd appreciate an evaluation of Magnus Nygren's camp. Does he have a shot at making the team or perhaps a mid-season callup?

Strengths/weaknesses

Thanks

I won't help you as he didn't play in the last game of the camp, the only scrimmage I witnessed. So can't say. Obvious things about him would be to say he's great offensively, needs work defensively. Like a Diaz for example. Though, some peole have said that he seemed physical in the exercices they have seen him do this week.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Was there last 2 days, some quick thoughts:

Andrighetto: struggle sunday in the first 2 periods but look much better in 3rd period when put with Dea/Desjardins for some shifts. not worry, kid is a heck of a player. he was stucked on a line with McMarron who was terrible.

Collberg: he was awesome, most skill player in camp. his swedish team better give him ice time this year. ridiculous backhand shot. very dangerous one on one with a goaltender.

Hudon: he was great saturday but sunday was a tough day for him, terrible first shift in the game with 2 brutal turnovers.

Tinordi: man amongs boys. will be in habs lineup on opening day. beast.

Beaulieu: never been a fan (sorry). was terrible sunday, saturday he was great, his skill level is very high. Look like Brossard was the last place he wanted to be sunday morning.

Bennett: didnt't noticed him too much saturday but he was awesome sunday. his skating ability is very good, has an extra gear and he should use it more often. like others have said look much bigger than past years.

McMarron: terrible sunday, had tough time keeping up with the play. his line was awful couldn't get anything going. didn't like the pick to begin with, didn't see any dominance board play from him. long term project for sure, like how he goes to the net and his smart enough to get open in the slot for scoring chances. saw him get pushed around by smaller players sunday and saturday. big kid but maybe not strong enough on his skate yet. i think he will go to London (habs brass are not saying anything public since the draft but reading between the lines of the Lapointe/Bergevin/Timmins interview i get the sense they wanted him in London) & futur teammates in London since to think he's going to report. lots of work to do with him though.

Fournier: had a good third period, before that was playing dumb hockey. bad hit from behind to begin behind the net and then slash Hudon after getting hit. start playing his game in 3rd period, going hard to the net. skating need lots of work.

Ellis/Pateryn: nothing flashy but solid games from both. tough to beat one on one.

Duffy: had a good game sunday, his passing game is excellent. woth a look at habs rookie camp / bulldogs camp. commit to play CIS this season with powerhouse UNB.

Shaw: Brad Shaw son btw, love him. not the most natural skater or skill player out there, every shift he made something happen with a big hit. most physical player in camp. 92' off to Vermont next season for his freshman season. had a great season in the BCHL. Will keep an eye on him next season in the NCAA. maybe a FA Worth signing in a couples of years.

Fucale: earlier this year i said he was a mini Carey Price, calm in his net. need to work on his glove.

Brouillard: had a good showing i think, defensively a lot of work to do. but very mobile and not shy of joining the rush or rushing the puck end to end. good skater, dont think he get a contract from the habs. Also going to the sharks rookie camp in September. tiny as it get from the blueline. most pts of any 17yo defensemens in the chl i think last year.

Leblanc/Bozon: played together sunday. had some good moments. Leblanc was ok overall which is the scary part, in his 4 dev camp he should be dominating. Bozon was not noticeable on saturday but had some flash here and there on sunday, couldn't finnish them. skating need to be upgraded before making it to the pro & nhl.

Bournival: ahead of Leblanc in the deph chart now imo, skate well and his strong on the puck. saw a big difference from him this week compared to last year. much more confident. not sure i see him as a center at the nhl level, not sure he has the vision to be a center. solid bet to be a bottom 6 in the nhl.

Holland: always liked him, his shot & stickhandling stick out. like his style (not sure why) i expect a big year out of him this season in Hamilton.

Vail: didn't stand out , look like Bournival when he was 19. similar player.

Thomas: didn't stand out sunday but was impressive saturday. small but strong. ridiculous shot. best shot in camp by far (didn't see Nygren who i hear has a hell of shot from the point)

reway: small and tiny. good competitor. great vision too. should be a top10 scorer in the Q this season i think.

Quailer: looked great saturday with his big frame and skating ability. didn't see much out of him sunday. like WS said, i be shocked if we ever see him in a dev camp again, unless he has a big year look to be his last season with the habs organisation.

Thrower: didn't stand out too much, throw a nice hit stepping up to the blueline once and thats about it. would go back in WHL for his overage season with Vancouver.

Dietz: i like his skating ability, like WS said he fumble the puck quite often, i bet some player were nervous (see Andrighetto) and also july hockey suck. Will be in Hamilton this season.

Cadorette: tough start for him first 2 shots 2 goal but he's a battler. undersized, at 15/16 he as good as Desrosiers of Rimouski. both teammate at Antoine Girouard.

Guindon: was there saturday but left for Washington camp saturday night. saw a tons of him this year with the Voltigeurs.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Was there last 2 days, some quick thoughts:

Andrighetto: struggle sunday in the first 2 periods but look much better in 3rd period when put with Dea/Desjardins for some shifts. not worry, kid is a heck of a player. he was stucked on a line with McMarron who was terrible.

Collberg: he was awesome, most skill player in camp. his swedish team better give him ice time this year. ridiculous backhand shot. very dangerous one on one with a goaltender.

Hudon: he was great saturday but sunday was a tough day for him, terrible first shift in the game with 2 brutal turnovers.

Tinordi: man amongs boys. will be in habs lineup on opening day. beast.

Beaulieu: never been a fan (sorry). was terrible sunday, saturday he was great, his skill level is very high. Look like Brossard was the last place he wanted to be sunday morning.

Bennett: didnt't noticed him too much saturday but he was awesome sunday. his skating ability is very good, has an extra gear and he should use it more often. like others have said look much bigger than past years.

McMarron: terrible sunday, had tough time keeping up with the play. his line was awful couldn't get anything going. didn't like the pick to begin with, didn't see any dominance board play from him. long term project for sure, like how he goes to the net and his smart enough to get open in the slot for scoring chances. saw him get pushed around by smaller players sunday and saturday. big kid but maybe not strong enough on his skate yet. i think he will go to London (habs brass are not saying anything public since the draft but reading between the lines of the Lapointe/Bergevin/Timmins interview i get the sense they wanted him in London) & futur teammates in London since to think he's going to report. lots of work to do with him though.

Fournier: had a good third period, before that was playing dumb hockey. bad hit from behind to begin behind the net and then slash Hudon after getting hit. start playing his game in 3rd period, going hard to the net. skating need lots of work.

Ellis/Pateryn: nothing flashy but solid games from both. tough to beat one on one.

Duffy: had a good game sunday, his passing game is excellent. woth a look at habs rookie camp / bulldogs camp. commit to play CIS this season with powerhouse UNB.

Shaw: Brad Shaw son btw, love him. not the most natural skater or skill player out there, every shift he made something happen with a big hit. most physical player in camp. 92' off to Vermont next season for his freshman season. had a great season in the BCHL. Will keep an eye on him next season in the NCAA. maybe a FA Worth signing in a couples of years.

Fucale: earlier this year i said he was a mini Carey Price, calm in his net. need to work on his glove.

Brouillard: had a good showing i think, defensively a lot of work to do. but very mobile and not shy of joining the rush or rushing the puck end to end. good skater, dont think he get a contract from the habs. Also going to the sharks rookie camp in September. tiny as it get from the blueline. most pts of any 17yo defensemens in the chl i think last year.

Leblanc/Bozon: played together sunday. had some good moments. Leblanc was ok overall which is the scary part, in his 4 dev camp he should be dominating. Bozon was not noticeable on saturday but had some flash here and there on sunday, couldn't finnish them. skating need to be upgraded before making it to the pro & nhl.

Bournival: ahead of Leblanc in the deph chart now imo, skate well and his strong on the puck. saw a big difference from him this week compared to last year. much more confident. not sure i see him as a center at the nhl level, not sure he has the vision to be a center. solid bet to be a bottom 6 in the nhl.

Holland: always liked him, his shot & stickhandling stick out. like his style (not sure why) i expect a big year out of him this season in Hamilton.

Vail: didn't stand out , look like Bournival when he was 19. similar player.

Thomas: didn't stand out sunday but was impressive saturday. small but strong. ridiculous shot. best shot in camp by far (didn't see Nygren who i hear has a hell of shot from the point)

reway: small and tiny. good competitor. great vision too. should be a top10 scorer in the Q this season i think.

Quailer: looked great saturday with his big frame and skating ability. didn't see much out of him sunday. like WS said, i be shocked if we ever see him in a dev camp again, unless he has a big year look to be his last season with the habs organisation.

Thrower: didn't stand out too much, throw a nice hit stepping up to the blueline once and thats about it. would go back in WHL for his overage season with Vancouver.

Dietz: i like his skating ability, like WS said he fumble the puck quite often, i bet some player were nervous (see Andrighetto) and also july hockey suck. Will be in Hamilton this season.

Cadorette: tough start for him first 2 shots 2 goal but he's a battler. undersized, at 15/16 he as good as Desrosiers of Rimouski. both teammate at Antoine Girouard.

Guindon: was there saturday but left for Washington camp saturday night. saw a tons of him this year with the Voltigeurs.

Good job Jérome as you seem to agree with me. If you would not have been, that would be a terrible report...;)

Wow, strange for Guindon. Do kids ever do that? Leave a camp towards the end to go and play in another? I guess the Habs already told him they weren't that interested right?

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Good job Jérome as you seem to agree with me. If you would not have been, that would be a terrible report...;)

Wow, strange for Guindon. Do kids ever do that? Leave a camp towards the end to go and play in another? I guess the Habs already told him they weren't that interested right?

i would guess habs and his agent had a deal work out before camp.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
By the way, don't know if I stressed that enough, but I loved Condon at the camp. Can't wait to see how he handles a pro game.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
all jokes aside, how big is he? Larger goalie?

what specifically do you like about his game? (apologies if I missed your comments)

Extremely fast legs. Good glove, great positionnaly, seemed, at camp, to have a very very good IQ. Always well positioned. Pretty big goalie at 6'2'' and around 200 lbs. Biggest concerns, though, again, this is what separates a good goalie in the AHL from a good goalie in the NHL are rebound control. He might have shown some weakness there but we'll see. The rest was really impressive. Of course, he also didn't have that big of a challenge compared to the others. Aside from the shootouts DeKort was bad. Guindon was average like Cadorette and frankly, aside from 2 or 3 great saves yesterday, Fucale was rather ordinairy to say the least....if I wouldn't be polite...I'd call him mediocre. But he's extremely young and you see the potential. That's all that matters from now on. At his age, Condon isn't about potential anymore....

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Is Tinordi already looking bigger than last year?

I'd say yes. Couldn't tell you how much, let just say that I wasn't blown away by how bigger he looked maybe because at that size, it's less apparent than a 5'10'' 170 lbs that goes to 5'11' 190 lbs.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
By the way, don't know if I stressed that enough, but I loved Condon at the camp. Can't wait to see how he handles a pro game.

He had a small stint in the AHL and ECHL and put up pretty solid numbers at the end of last season. Will be interesting to see if he can follow it up.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Extremely fast legs. Good glove, great positionnaly, seemed, at camp, to have a very very good IQ. Always well positioned. Pretty big goalie at 6'2'' and around 200 lbs. Biggest concerns, though, again, this is what separates a good goalie in the AHL from a good goalie in the NHL are rebound control. He might have shown some weakness there but we'll see. The rest was really impressive. Of course, he also didn't have that big of a challenge compared to the others. Aside from the shootouts DeKort was bad. Guindon was average like Cadorette and frankly, aside from 2 or 3 great saves yesterday, Fucale was rather ordinairy to say the least....if I wouldn't be polite...I'd call him mediocre. But he's extremely young and you see the potential. That's all that matters from now on. At his age, Condon isn't about potential anymore....

Thanks WS! Good stuff, we need the depth and he sounds like an interesting prospect.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Extremely fast legs. Good glove, great positionnaly, seemed, at camp, to have a very very good IQ. Always well positioned. Pretty big goalie at 6'2'' and around 200 lbs. Biggest concerns, though, again, this is what separates a good goalie in the AHL from a good goalie in the NHL are rebound control. He might have shown some weakness there but we'll see. The rest was really impressive. Of course, he also didn't have that big of a challenge compared to the others.....

Well Condon did have a lot of practice on a bad Princeton team, he should fit right in with Hamilton. :sarcasm:

hogtownhabsfan*

Is Tinordi already looking bigger than last year?

There's an interview with him on the habs site, and his face looks alot bigger, he's gone from boy to man. If he was 218lbs last year, I'd guess he's 230lbs plus.

Really wish they'd release this info...

lewis black

Jul 23, 2008
I won't help you as he didn't play in the last game of the camp, the only scrimmage I witnessed. So can't say. Obvious things about him would be to say he's great offensively, needs work defensively. Like a Diaz for example. Though, some peole have said that he seemed physical in the exercices they have seen him do this week.

Thanks. Any word on why he didn't play on the last day. Perhaps an injury or maybe they didn't need to see more from him and wanted to watch younger guys?

I believe he wore a low # at camp. Sometimes a good sign as to where he might start the season ie big club.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Thanks. Any word on why he didn't play on the last day. Perhaps an injury or maybe they didn't need to see more from him and wanted to watch younger guys?

I believe he wore a low # at camp. Sometimes a good sign as to where he might start the season ie big club.

Seemed to me that the guys that didn't play had some kind of injuries. Might not have been that big as he was at camp at the start. And nobody saw anything too bad except the puck in the fact to McCarron.

Was Thomas at the camp ? If yes, how was he ?

As I wrote on my report, I don't think he blew anybody away. But showed his ELITE wrister, good skating, and knack for the net. Now he is still on the small side, and we don't know about his overall game. Not sure we can base ourselves on the last game as far as that is concerned. I do like Thomas. Still think he can be REALLY effective.....but I will miss Kristo. That's for sure. Rangers expect to see him starting the year....I might not be THAT optimist but it can be a possibility. Clearly, they will give him all the chance to shine. Thomas has no room with us....so far.

InAG-P

Jun 19, 2003
T.O.
Visit site
So, Duffy had a great game a a solid camp....any news about whether or not he's going to be signed to a one year deal like Macauley?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00