Prospect Info: 2013 Development Camp (July 3rd - July 7th)

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Bournival would be your perfect 3rd line centerman. But I also thought that from a similar kid in Maxime Sauvé and so far...the latter didn't develop as well as I thought. Bournival needs to elevate his game physically. Don't be this big punisher guy, but implicate yourself physically more please. Sometimes, seems to try to avoid those contacts. Won't succceed if he does that. Still, tons of confidence in him though.

It's interesting how such a driven guy sometimes seems to nice for his own good. Even Holland showed more of a mean streak in very small doses.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Also from Kramer..

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 22m

My #Habs 3 Stars of today's Game 1: (1) Sebastian Collberg. (2) Martin Reway. (3) Michael Bournival. #GoHabsGo

Interesting to see Reway stand out. Of course skeptics would point out a player like that has advantage in a scrimmage where the bigger players woun't be going all out with their strength advantage. But I've read from a few sources his playmaking is standing out.

But his stats in sweden suck!!1

What do you all see in this guy!!11?

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I'd be completely shocked if Bournival doesn't make it in the NHL. He just gets things done at every level.

The question is where he would fit in the teams plans especially as they have a lot of great two way types with questionable offensive upside in the system, but that's not a bad thing, just as stacking our prospect pool with ridiculously talented "smurfs" isn't a bad thing either just because of current need.

I don't see Bournival becoming a top 6 player, but it's not out of the question he can be a 30 point shut down guy, which would be huge.

The problem is that when you have too many players of a certain type in your system you can't use them and you can't showcase them. Look at Weber: on a team that lacked PMDs he would have been playing every game and putting up points in spite of playing low minutes. He would be overvalued because of his PP points and would be attractive to other teams. On the habs he's behind a number of players who developed faster so he doesn't play at all, doesn't get PP time, and doesn't get valued by anyone. If your system lacks balance it devalues prospects and other teams can cherrypick from your second tier without giving anything in return. There is little value in specialization in the NHL.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Any info on the schedule for tomorrow? I was out of the loop on the camp for the last few days but live really close to the arena and would really like to check things out...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Any info on the schedule for tomorrow? I was out of the loop on the camp for the last few days but live really close to the arena and would really like to check things out...

To be sure that I'd have a good spot, I'd tell you Noon....but since I'm a nice guy, I'll say the right hours.....Starts at 9:30.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
ok Moar reports!!

Brisebois- best hair of the bunch. Skated great and good outlet pass. Did I mention his hair looked good?

Vail - has a sturdy NHL frame. Plays an effective game. Really like his hockey sense and a nice play maker. Seems to know where to go so that he gets the puck and then buy time with simple moves. I compare him to a guy like Lupul. Nothing flashy, but effective. Not fast but gets there.

Beaulieu - just great skill. was almost playing with the others out there (which I don't like). During the drills he was getting his slapshot hard and along the ice (which is hard to do in case you weren't a d-man) consistently.

Henley - Big kid battles along the boards, likes to crash and bang. Seems a bit behind the play.

Bournival - didn't stand out but his line did well. Does the things others don't want to do...great skater. I've always liked this kid....wish he was a bit nastier.

Dietz - Solid d. Good offensive instincts....hits....good size....smart....what's not to like?

Andighetto - obvious skill...seemed a bit nervous. Might take a while to adjust to the pro game, but the skill & hocket sense are definitely there. 3 times bigger than Reway (just kidding)

About the Reway comments....you have to see him....he is not just short he is really small....but liker I said plays bigger

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If Bournival develops a slight physical game there would be a great chance for him to make it to the NHL with his speed. Could be a Paille type guy.
I know I mentioned it before but to me he seems like a Tom Pyatt clone (not a bad thing).

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I ended up going today I watch 2 periode almost by accident I was really prepared...
The white team really dominated the play, these players I notice were most
Bournival really controle the play
Colberg score a nice goal pick the corner on back hand from in tigh, one during the shootout back hand again
Tinordi seem so easy for him it not even fair
Dietz look good and moved very well
Duffy seem very shifty
Reway small, but was working hard, totally missed on is shootout attemp
Henley didn't do anything great but hard to miss with is size
Desjardins why is DD the ice...ops it's not DD is line spent a lot of time in the offensive zone a lot

From the red team the player I notice most were
Beaulieu he has a great first step he just explodes but he isn't a very agile skater
DLR he had the 2 biggest hits stapled a dman to the board (Might of been Ellis)and step into Bournival in open ice near the bench.
Vail probably the most dangeous player for the red
Andrighetto very shift and good shoot
Trainor lead a few rushes for the red team

Papa_Bear_21

Aug 2, 2005
Hey, anyone out here this morning? I'm debating whether to go and I want to know wheter it's completetely packed.

Oh and has it started?

shakenbake7

Apr 7, 2009
Is anyone from the downtown area heading there around 10am? I'd love to be able to catch a ride with someone (and pay for it obviously) as opposed to using public transit and/or cabs. It would also be great to have an extra person to debate how our guys are looking.

WeberBombs

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Andighetto - obvious skill...seemed a bit nervous. Might take a while to adjust to the pro game, but the skill & hocket sense are definitely there. 3 times bigger than Reway (just kidding)

He was one of the players I focused on yesterday and one thing he'll need to work on is his puck battling because he went in the corners with the puck around 5 times and never came out with it. I really liked his speed and positioning without the puck on offense, though.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
So, I guess Dea hasn't made a good impression?

Wouldn't be surprised, and don't hold your breath. That guy screams "peaked in junior", and doesn't have anywhere close to an NHL toolbox imo. Obviously ball hockey skills are obvious, but no one is going to give him the space/time to use any of it at the top level. Would probably be better off playing in Switzerland, or something.

Analyzer*

Team Red is winning 3-0.

Duff, Hall and Leblanc.

I didn't even now Zach Hall was there/invited.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Bournival was the best player at the Bell Centre scrimmage this year. Wouldn't surprise me to see him do well.

As for him being physical, unless he changed his habits, his conditioning is second to none. Kid is built like a mini Brindamour so it's not like he can pack on any more muscle to his frame.

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I'd like to see Zach Hall get a contract he's a pretty good player and centers are always a good thing to have depth in. The Bulldogs are already looking better and the Habs still have four contracts left by my count.:handclap:They need another Dman or two IMO, big punishing Dmen like Teubert and A.Plante. Desjardins could be a good forward to add by the sound of his play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad