Prospect Info: 2013 Development Camp (July 3rd - July 7th)

Mercury10

Feb 9, 2012
Vernon, BC
Just want to say thanks to Whitesnake, Marc, Ryan Madden, Top Corner2, and anyone else who I'm forgetting for taking the time to attend the development camp and report on the players! :handclap:

Yeah thanks guys, I'd go every day if I lived out there in the mecca of hockey. I used to scour all the websites I could find just to get a fraction of the information you guys provide. I'm not exagerating how much I like reading these reports. THANKS, THANKS, THANKS.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Habs aren't showing too much respect today for the fans in Brossard....seems that they have cancelled the morning sessions, yet nobody knows and no announcements are made....Come on Habs.

Mar 11, 2013
QC
Reway - Holy small Batman. This kid makes Colberg look like a giant. Really. Still he get's in there and battles. He often has the puck and his line is often generating chances.....I see why they picked him. Obviously nice hands & smooth skater...plays a more up and down game than I was expecting....
Is he really that small? He's supposed to be only an inch smaller than Collberg

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Habs aren't showing too much respect today for the fans in Brossard....seems that they have cancelled the morning sessions, yet nobody knows and no announcements are made....Come on Habs.

I can't believe they didn't tell anyone they cancelled the morning session. :laugh:

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal

don't want to presume anything BUT could there be any coaches or personnel from the Habs maybe living around Lac-Mégantic?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
don't want to presume anything BUT could there be any coaches or personnel from the Habs maybe living around Lac-Mégantic?

Problem isn't about cancelling the sessions...it's about not telling anybody. In a world of Twitter, only thing Canadiens.com could have done is write on it. And have people at Brossard give the news to whoever comes in.

CoconutHockey*

Rumours from Brossard are that the Habs signed Stefan Fournier to an ELC contract. Expect an announcement in the next couple of days.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
Problem isn't about cancelling the sessions...it's about not telling anybody. In a world of Twitter, only thing Canadiens.com could have done is write on it. And have people at Brossard give the news to whoever comes in.

i ear you, but if you cancel and you say it, you need to give a reason and if you don't want to say too much because you don't know certain facts, silence might be the best answer on a communication position....

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Thanks to Whitesnake et al for great stuff.

Pateryn is intriguing. Like pitchers in baseball, can never have too many D prospects.

Hudon = Briere? Imagine that? Danny can show the kid how to play his game in the pros. I like it...

Anxious to hear about Lehkonen. Maybe some day he'll score goals that will be referred to as works of Art! ;)

Dec 2, 2010
Well I guess nobody was there yesterday while Martin Lapointe led the team in the face deflection/character drills.
Reway - Holy small Batman. This kid makes Colberg look like a giant.
What do you mean? A fighting session from Lapointe?

And ofcourse he seemed like a "giant," he's 5'11 and Reway is Gallagher's size.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 12m

#Habs Sebastian Collberg came in 2-on-1 with Hudon for team White, slowed down, fed trailer Dietz who couldn't stuff it home. #GoHabsGo

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 10m

#Habs Sebastian Collberg takes a feed from behind net for Team White and roofs a backhand top shelf from in tight. 1-0. #GoHabsGo

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 1m

#Habs Sebastian Collberg with a nice feed to Charles Hudon who can't finish on Delmas. #GoHabsGo

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 26s

Shootout whiz #Habs Sebastian Collberg makes it 3-0, going to the backhand and beating Delmas.

Sounds like Collberg is doing alright. :nod:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's for the people who question his talent simply by looking at a stat sheet from the SEL.

Among his peers, he is always one of the best.

This is so true.

I think the presence of guys like Collberg,Lehkonen, Gallagher and Hudon make the additions of McCarron and De La Rose so important. Open up the ice for this average sized skill players.

One thing is for sure.. if Lehkonen and Collberg develop, with Galchenyuk, we finally have some legit goal scorers.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 12m

#Habs Sebastian Collberg came in 2-on-1 with Hudon for team White, slowed down, fed trailer Dietz who couldn't stuff it home. #GoHabsGo

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 10m

#Habs Sebastian Collberg takes a feed from behind net for Team White and roofs a backhand top shelf from in tight. 1-0. #GoHabsGo

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 1m

#Habs Sebastian Collberg with a nice feed to Charles Hudon who can't finish on Delmas. #GoHabsGo

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 26s

Shootout whiz #Habs Sebastian Collberg makes it 3-0, going to the backhand and beating Delmas.

Sounds like Collberg is doing alright. :nod:

Also from Kramer..

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 22m

My #Habs 3 Stars of today's Game 1: (1) Sebastian Collberg. (2) Martin Reway. (3) Michael Bournival. #GoHabsGo

Interesting to see Reway stand out. Of course skeptics would point out a player like that has advantage in a scrimmage where the bigger players woun't be going all out with their strength advantage. But I've read from a few sources his playmaking is standing out.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Full cage for McCarron....Broken nose maybe? He wanted to scrap...well the puck won. Heck of a 1st development camp for the big guy. Welcome to Montreal Mike...where the players are injured ALL THE TIME.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
That's for the people who question his talent simply by looking at a stat sheet from the SEL.

Among his peers, he is always one of the best.

If the kid would have been playing in the CHL, we'd be talking about him as the future Calder trophy. Kid looks ahead of a whole lot of prospects within the same age and beyond. Only thing to see for him is the more defensive aspect of his game.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Also from Kramer..

Dan Kramer ‏@DanKramerHabs 22m

My #Habs 3 Stars of today's Game 1: (1) Sebastian Collberg. (2) Martin Reway. (3) Michael Bournival. #GoHabsGo

Interesting to see Reway stand out. Of course skeptics would point out a player like that has advantage in a scrimmage where the bigger players woun't be going all out with their strength advantage. But I've read from a few sources his playmaking is standing out.
I'm so excited for Collberg. Nothing more really needs to be said.

Reway is very, very interesting. He had to be very high on our list - probably in the Top-75 or so. We got him by luck (hopefully) because Subban got robbed from us. I've seen Reway a few times and he's very interesting. He plays bigger than he is too.

As for Bournival - he's one of my favourites. People question me why - easy. The kid always looked good, always gives 100%, and he's just reliable. He may never be a top line player, hell he may never be a Top-6 player. But this guy has a long NHL career written on his forward.

Analyzer*

If Bournival develops a slight physical game there would be a great chance for him to make it to the NHL with his speed. Could be a Paille type guy.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I'm so excited for Collberg. Nothing more really needs to be said.

Reway is very, very interesting. He had to be very high on our list - probably in the Top-75 or so. We got him by luck (hopefully) because Subban got robbed from us. I've seen Reway a few times and he's very interesting. He plays bigger than he is too.

As for Bournival - he's one of my favourites. People question me why - easy. The kid always looked good, always gives 100%, and he's just reliable. He may never be a top line player, hell he may never be a Top-6 player. But this guy has a long NHL career written on his forward.

I'd be completely shocked if Bournival doesn't make it in the NHL. He just gets things done at every level.

The question is where he would fit in the teams plans especially as they have a lot of great two way types with questionable offensive upside in the system, but that's not a bad thing, just as stacking our prospect pool with ridiculously talented "smurfs" isn't a bad thing either just because of current need.

I don't see Bournival becoming a top 6 player, but it's not out of the question he can be a 30 point shut down guy, which would be huge.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
If Bournival develops a slight physical game there would be a great chance for him to make it to the NHL with his speed. Could be a Paille type guy.

I'd be completely shocked if Bournival doesn't make it in the NHL. He just gets things done at every level.

The question is where he would fit in the teams plans especially as they have a lot of great two way types with questionable offensive upside in the system, but that's not a bad thing, just as stacking our prospect pool with ridiculously talented "smurfs" isn't a bad thing either just because of current need.

I don't see Bournival becoming a top 6 player, but it's not out of the question he can be a 30 point shut down guy, which would be huge.

Bournival would be your perfect 3rd line centerman. But I also thought that from a similar kid in Maxime Sauvé and so far...the latter didn't develop as well as I thought. Bournival needs to elevate his game physically. Don't be this big punisher guy, but implicate yourself physically more please. Sometimes, seems to try to avoid those contacts. Won't succceed if he does that. Still, tons of confidence in him though.

Dec 2, 2010
The thing with Bournival is that he plays small. Always has. He's skilled with decent hockey sense which puts him in position to score outside of the NHL but I don't see him playing a solid north-south game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad