2013-2014 Prospect Stats and Discussion - Part 2 - Updated March 25th

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
So I was checking out Khaira on eliteprospects and noticed he had a brother, Sahvan.

Looks like he's going to be playing for Seattle in the WHL next season and he's eligible for the 2016 draft.

The thing that blew me away though is he's 16 years old and already 6'1''/212lbs!

That's one scary big family

He's much much bigger than Jujhar was at his age, which could mean he's going to be huge.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Don't know if this had been discussed anywhere, but Yakimov had been training in Edmonton all summer. I havent seen it on the oilers website or oilers nation, but on Instagram it shows he's in Edmonton.

Most guys don't come to Edmonton till mid August. So great that hes over. I wonder if him and LD are training together

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Don't know if this had been discussed anywhere, but Yakimov had been training in Edmonton all summer. I havent seen it on the oilers website or oilers nation, but on Instagram it shows he's in Edmonton.

Most guys don't come to Edmonton till mid August. So great that hes over. I wonder if him and LD are training together

All summer? He posted that he was leaving Moscow to come back to Edmonton a week ago.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Dude is a tank.

Yakimovupov's looking solid too.

Funniest thing is that the regular guy in that photo isn't necessarily even a small guy, but he looks like a wimp compared to the other 3.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I met Yakupov, Yakimov, and Draisaitl at Original Joe's the other day. All of them are pumped and ready for the season. When I went to shake Yakimov's hand, it felt like he was going to crush it LOL. Strong kid!

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
I met Yakupov, Yakimov, and Draisaitl at Original Joe's the other day. All of them are pumped and ready for the season. When I went to shake Yakimov's hand, it felt like he was going to crush it LOL. Strong kid!

How big did they look in reference to each other? Cool to see them equate themselves before training camp.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
How big did they look in reference to each other? Cool to see them equate themselves before training camp.

I couldn't compare very well since all of them were sitting when I went over to say hi. Yakimov and Draisaitl were definitely taller than me, and I am close to 6'0 tall. Yakupov was about my height.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

That's pretty encouraging to hear. It's all hearsay, but it seemed like Yakupov didn't fit in with the other "kids".

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
That's pretty encouraging to hear. It's all hearsay, but it seemed like Yakupov didn't fit in with the other "kids".

If we play bad this season I can already see articles about how the team is divided into two groups, on one side Hall & his boys and on the other double Yak and Draisaitl. How dare that lazy russian make friends.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Moroz apparently played with a blown out knee and a separated shoulder during the playoffs this year.

Warrior.

Given how he still managed to produce despite those injuries I'm pretty optimistic about this guy.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Moroz apparently played with a blown out knee and a separated shoulder during the playoffs this year.

Warrior.

Given how he still managed to produce despite those injuries I'm pretty optimistic about this guy.

That's ****ing awesome

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB

Warrior.

He's a guaranteed Oiler with those injuries already on his resume.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad