OT: 2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part XI: The "Please make it stop" edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Honestly not even excited anymore for when they eventually get a deal done by the 11th.

Just lost all my interest for this year at the disgust of both sides. 48 games, meh, better than nothing, but they lost my interest. A 66 game start on X-Mas or w/e, would have really gotten me pumped like NBA did last year. Of course i'll be back if there is no season, but this whole dog and pony show just put a bad taste in my mouth.

Yes. I agree with this. They are going to rush to get in a BS season of 48 games and only 1 week to get guys back to their teams and start the regular season. All so the NHL can keep their sponsorship money and the players still can make a buck. I hope the lack of interest will end up sending more teams into bankruptcy and cost the players jobs.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
@aaronward_nhl: Told NHLPA has moved on the salary cap to 64.3 which happens to be the upper limit from last year. #TSN

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN

Sources on both sides see Monday as likely date when all is settled. But could be late Sunday, as well

Vidic15*

@aaronward_nhl: Told NHLPA has moved on the salary cap to 64.3 which happens to be the upper limit from last year. #TSN

Good, now the PA should move another 300k and settle at 64m. Then, focus on the last issue of variance.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Told the NHL has moved to $62.5 M on Year 2 cap, up from $60 M....

Was hoping they'd be higher than that by now...

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Why should they? Everyone was saying they should meet half way, and they just did.

If the negotiations have gone the NHL offering $60 million, then the players at $70, then owners staying at $60, then players to $65, owners to $62.5, players to $64.3 then the logical thing to get an agreement is $63-63.5.

It seems that is how the bargaining for the year two cap has gone today going by all the different twitter updates.

CH2

Jun 23, 2009
NYC
Boomer Esiason ‏@7BOOMERESIASON

My sources telling me, #NHL good to go. Let's get it on boys! #NYR

He's got great sources. And he generally doesn't tweet speculation.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm not sure the league could have survived another full season cancelled. So this is good news for more than one reason.

CH2

Jun 23, 2009
NYC
I doubt Boomer has any real sources besides another person who says they have a source.

He plays golf with nearly all of the Rangers front office, he's good friends with several of the players, and he's got some contacts in with cablevision. Good enough for me.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
He plays golf with nearly all of the Rangers front office, he's good friends with several of the players, and he's got some contacts in with cablevision. Good enough for me.

But of all the people who could have announced the end of the lockout, it's Boomer? I'm sorry I can't believe that is true. I'm not going to get my hopes up.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Renaud Lavoie @RenLavoieRDS
Lots of speculation tonight about a possible deal. But they are still working and its too early to tell.

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch
The #NHL and #NHLPA have been meeting for over 9 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad