OT: 2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part XI: The "Please make it stop" edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
So can you resign a player that you buyout. Just wondering if we buy out Richards and resign him to a shorter more cap friendly deal. He ends up getting even money in the long run plus wouldn't he get it up
Front on the buy out. Anyone have an idea on buy out rules.

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
So can you resign a player that you buyout. Just wondering if we buy out Richards and resign him to a shorter more cap friendly deal. He ends up getting even money in the long run plus wouldn't he get it up
Front on the buy out. Anyone have an idea on buy out rules.

Under the old CBA you couldn't do that, I doubt if they changed it.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I like Big Macs progression. I think he isn't far off. I like his toughness. Love how he stood up for bourque the other night. It will make player think twice about throwing an open ice hit.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
On this little Christmas, we get the biggest present of the season! 15th is 9 days away. Get ready for the sprint.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
with a one week camp do they bother bringing up Miller, McIlrath , Thomas for a look? I doubt they make the team as they need more time to develop.

Who's the spare F, Haley, Kolarik?........does Gilroy make the team , carrying 8 Dmen? DZ needs to be signed but you have to think with them knowing the new cap it gets done quick

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
with a one week camp do they bother bringing up Miller, McIlrath , Thomas for a look? I doubt they make the team as they need more time to develop.

Who's the spare F, Haley, Kolarik?........does Gilroy make the team , carrying 8 Dmen? DZ needs to be signed but you have to think with them knowing the new cap it gets done quick

I think with the WJC ending Miller will get a look in camp before he returns to CT.

McIlrath will not get a look. He just came back he'll be in the AHL for at least 3 more weeks. Thomas needs a solid season in CT.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I think caps pace this season is prorated/saved. IE, if we had 5m if a full season was played we have like 8m now/can take on a 8m contract. Can anyone confirm this?

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I think caps pace this season is prorated/saved. IE, if we had 5m if a full season was played we have like 8m now/can take on a 8m contract. Can anyone confirm this?

Any players with just one season left on their contract that make between $5-8 million that could be bought out or traded for at a minimal cost?

And when would the trade deadline be? Any word on that yet?

One thing for sure is the Rangers will more then likely not take on contracts that are longer then one year.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Any players with just one season left on their contract that make between $5-8 million that could be bought out or traded for at a minimal cost?

And when would the trade deadline be? Any word on that yet?

Iginla.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
2013/2014 NEW YORK RANGERS

FORWARDS
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Derek Stepan ($2.800m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Carl Hagelin ($2.000m) / Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m)
Mike Rupp ($1.500m) / J.T. Miller ($1.244m) / Arron Asham ($1.000m)
Micheal Haley ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonaugh ($3.800m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Michael Del Zotto ($2.500m) / Dylan McIlrath ($1.295m)
Stu Bickel ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000
CAP PAYROLL: $67,147,500
BONUSES: $887,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster):- $293,333

Some "fat" needs to be trimmed to get under the cap
Contracts like Pyatt, Rupp, Boyle :amazed:, Asham and Stralman would be the usual suspects here
Replacing/omitting someone like Haley or Biron too, although the former creates no actual cap space
This is also presuming that the key RFA contracts wind up something like this:

* MDZ (2013) $2,500m
* McD (2014) $3,800m
* Stepan (2014) $2,800m
* Hagelin (2014) $2,000m

If you have a crystal ball you might be able to give more accurate figures here. They can of course be debated either way. The only real roster changes in this above scenario from this year would be replacing our 2 UFAs in C Jeff Halpern with #1st round draft pick JT Miller and D Steve Eminger with #1st round draft pick Dylan McIlrath. This would however add to the cap hit. There will almost certainly be more/other changes nobody can foresee, and nothing guarantees that Miller and/or Big Mac are NHL ready next year.

Nonetheless - it is within the realm of possibility that we can keep the team intact (resigning all4 key RFAs) and keeping Ghidorah if we get really creative and get rid of some minor roster fat. Is it likely? I do not know. Nobody does. But it certainly will be interesting to follow...

Let´s play hockey!!!!:yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

Def cuttin it close there but 64.3 means we lose Rupp, or Asham, or someone like that.. (could even buy out Rupp)

If it was 60 we'd be in some real trouble. Great news there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->