OT: 2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part XI: The "Please make it stop" edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay
Good to go where? RT @Ashynco: “@7BOOMERESIASON: My sources telling me, #NHL good to go. Let's get it on boys! #NYR”. @stevezipay any truth?

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Jeremy Rutherford @jprutherford
NHL deputy commish Bill Daly email to Post-Dispatch seconds ago: "It’s been a long day already and meetings are continuing.... (1/2)

Daly contd "Dialogue has been good & there has been a healthy give & take. We resolved some open issues but still have a number to go” (2/2)

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
As i said a couple days ago. The deal is basically done just going over very small numbers, nothing that will prevent a season. I am sooooo pumped!

92hatchattack

Dec 23, 2005
Jersey
LOL. What does that mean?

It means that I dont drink enough when the rangers are not playing. This negatively effects my level of contentment on top of the fact that I am already not watching hockey.

I have a system thats all. 1 beer before the game. 2nd beer starts as the puck drops. add 2-3 beers after that.... Make a quick dinner durring 2nd intermission. Eat, Win, Sleep.

Wait 1 day and repeat.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
NHL deputy commish Bill Daly email to Post-Dispatch seconds ago: "It’s been a long day already and meetings are continuing.... (1/2)

Daly contd "Dialogue has been good & there has been a healthy give & take. We resolved some open issues but still have a number to go” (2/2)

Just keep at it. Get it done. You've come too far to be children about this.

from an hour ago:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Depending on if/when a deal is done, NHL has 50-game or 48-game schedules drawn up...

from 2 hours ago:

Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland
NHLPA source says slow progress...Bill Daly says just wants to get deal done, not going to get picky with timing

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
It means that I dont drink enough when the rangers are not playing. This negatively effects my level of contentment on top of the fact that I am already not watching hockey.

I have a system thats all. 1 beer before the game. 2nd beer starts as the puck drops. add 2-3 beers after that.... Make a quick dinner durring 2nd intermission. Eat, Win, Sleep.

Wait 1 day and repeat.

That's rich. LOL

Vidic15*

Wait 1 day and repeat.

Lol, got it.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Today was quite a day. On top of the progress made to finally, or should I say most probably end this thing, it was definitely the best day to follow this thread, with these few gems that made my day. I needed a good laugh.

Heard that Bill Daly & Steve Fehr are avid hockey card collectors.

Daly: Give me Gump Worsley, Doug Harvey, Johnny Bucyk and Ted Lindsay for my Gordie Howe
S Fehr: No way. Switch Harvey for Pat Quinn and I will do it.
Bettman whispers to Daly: Quinn is one of our guys, you can´t do that.
Daly: No deal
D Fehr whispers to S Fehr: Ok ask them to add Keith Magnusson and that Tommie Bergman guy. Union fellas
S Fehr: Then we want Magnusson and Bergman. In MINT condition
Big hesitation
Mediator speaks after 5 minutes
"Think we will have a break here. What do you guys want on the pizza?"
D Fehr - Pepperoni, onions and mushrooms
Steve Fehr - add pineapple on half
Bettman - I hate mushrooms
Daly - I could go for spicy pork (gets a nasty glance from the others)
Batterman - It´s your turn to pay
D Fehr - No way we paid last
Bettman - Lets split and make whole.
lol

That would be something really nice.
Until Sather signs both Koivu and Streit this offseason as UFAs to multi-year deals chomping and saying "I believe they still got some gas left in them". And dismantles team...;) :sarcasm:

If only there was some number between those two (63 n 65) that they could reach an agreement on. Too bad Einstein is dead because only someone as smart as him could figure it out.

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Went to sleep late last night, slept like crap, woke up at 645 and couldn't get back to sleep before the puck dropped this morning.

All I want to do is go to bed, but I keep following what's going on with Twitter. Even though deep down I know the lockout won't end today, I continue to keep checking. And as much as I want them to end the meetings for today right now, I love the fact that they're still going.

Tough life right now :laugh:

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Honestly not even excited anymore for when they eventually get a deal done by the 11th.

Just lost all my interest for this year at the disgust of both sides. 48 games, meh, better than nothing, but they lost my interest. A 66 game start on X-Mas or w/e, would have really gotten me pumped like NBA did last year. Of course i'll be back if there is no season, but this whole dog and pony show just put a bad taste in my mouth.

Sure, a 66 or 82 game schedule is preferable...but let's be honest here, it's all about the playoffs. That's what we watch the regular season for. As long as we have post-season hockey (and the Rangers are in it) I'm pumped for the season...any season.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Any chance JD could be a guest color man with sam this year? Oh baby!

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
A shorter season actually benefits us, IMO.

Our defense was completely gassed by April. Girardi and McD will still be fresh this time :D

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Lets not forget the infamous EJ Hradek phrase from the last lockout that was splayed all over the ESPN tickers in late December of that year "NHL Deal Imminent". A few sources were convinced it was over and we all know how that ended up. There's no surprise that EJ isn't covering this years labor dispute.

I'm not going to get excited until its official this time, as far as I'm concernd there won't be hockey this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad